Start by marking “Whose Knees Are These?” as Want to Read:
Whose Knees Are These?

Whose Knees Are These?

A vibrant, multicultural board book that celebrates a baby's sweet knees, for fans of Ten Tiny Fingers and Ten Little Toes.

Parents and children will enjoy this interactive board book full of toddler appeal that is perfect for celebrating a baby's adorable knees.

Snuggle with your child on your lap while you enjoy this fun, rhyming text and bold artwork.
Board Book, 22 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by LB Kids

To ask other readers questions about Whose Knees Are These?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whose Knees Are These?

Start your review of Whose Knees Are These?
Effie
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet board book. I love the little glimpses we get of the owner of those knees as we go along. Very playful and sweet. Great positive words used to describe the knees and its owner, "So brown and strong, to whom do these fine knees belong?" also, these knees are "charming" "mighty" and belong to a "cheerful chap." I'm so happy to see this book because representation matters. Little ones will love this.
Pamela
Sep 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: toddler-reads
"Whose Knees Are These" by Jabari Asim was fantastic. I found this book in the library while looking through the children's section for a book to read to my daughter. She loved it, and she laughed the whole way through...especially since I pointed to her knees as I was reading the book. Mr. Asim, along with his illustrator LeUyen Pham, has come up with such a creative way to teach children about their knees...and, the pictures flow right along with the story. It was such a great read, and a wond ...more
Kirstin LaBelle
This is a book for toddlers or very young readers. The words flow easily and the rhyming makes it a little more bearable to read as an adult.
I gave this book a 1 star rating because although the illustrations are cute and it rhymes nicely, there is not a whole lot of content there. Im not even sure what the theme or moral of this book is.
Sasha
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is something to be said about a child being able to see themselves in a book. I truly appreciate that in this book the child is darker in complexion so that those who are similar can relate. It also has a great rhythm to it that is absolutely adorable.
Ms. Arca
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cool concept, and maybe would love this if I didn’t read alone but instead read to one of my bb loves. Reading it by myself it didn’t impress me much, and the art felt lacking and didn’t do it for me.

Janet
Different concept as it focuses on the one body part, the knees. Illustrations depict the knees of the toddler and the various activities knees help us perform. Most of the illustrations depict 5he toddler from the waist down.
Kary
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
Perfect for baby/toddler storytime. Use for body part theme. Would follow with singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"
Ashley Frickson
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: multicultural
Sweet and simple story about a little boy’s knees – running, swinging from a tree, and dangling from a boat.
Jenna Mills
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
A sweet book with some pictures that are (I think) deliberately difficult to make out
Milton Louie
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Learning about the knees. B
Caitlinleah
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books
I like rhyming and I like multicultural. but the rhythm isn't quite right the whole way through for me. Do like the other knees in the illustrations.
Patience Temple
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
rhyming words, simple text with some new vocabulary for young children. Illustrations keep the students wonder along with the text, whose knees are these? A simple and fun read aloud book.
Veronica
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
February 2020
Leah
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bouncy rhyme and many opportunities to tickle your child's knees. This would work well in a Baby Time where parents tickle their children's knees each time they hear the word.
Kiran
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
My 20 month old son has been enjoying this book for months, asking for it to be read to him over and over again. The text flows nicely, the rhyme enjoyable and the illustrations are fun. I've been using this book to teach my son the difference between his left side and right side.

What I really appreciate is that this board book depicts a non-white/caucasian boy as the central character. This promotes diversity which is much needed in all media and formats, and shows my son that there are childr
Anna
Jun 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
This is the sweetest board book I totally love it. The illustrations are colorful and bright making them a perfect companion for the rhyming text. I always give it as a baby shower gift...and sometimes as a non baby shower gifts too it's that cute :)
Asho
This book, by the author of Whose Toes Are Those?, features a baby boy as the main character. It's a cute board book, but I find the rhythm a bit off when I read it. It is fun to read as an interactive book.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Toddler Lap Time on 2/28/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Baby Lap Time on 2/28/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Annie
Sep 04, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who are trying to pass the time
Shelves: childrens
Not a whole hell of a lot there.
Michelle Love-Day
Oct 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-lit
Again......characters of color.....a rare and fun find!
Deb
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Read to Emily. Great sing song rhyme all about knees.
Vee
May 23, 2012 rated it liked it
"Knees, knees, knees" - Xavier

My son likes this book and I enjoy reading this book every other day.
Samantha
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
A rhyming look at knees. A great read aloud that features an African-American child as the main character. The artwork has a soft, old-timey feel.

Jen
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-book
rhymes. super cute. adorable interesting pictures.
Elise
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
how cute! I really like this story and am happy to share it with my daughter.
Kartik Santhanakrishnan
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love reading this book to my kid. She really enjoys it.
Dani Paiz
This was cute, and is told in rhyme. It's good for phonological awareness and print awareness. I'd recommend it for ages 0-2.

• Global Babies
  • Silly Lullaby
  • Merry Christmas Maisy
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • Moo, Baa, La La La!
  • Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!
  • You Can Read
  • Peekaboo Morning
  • The Quiet Book
  • I Need A Hug
Praise for Only The Strong

"Jabari Asim is such an elegant writer that you won't realize how smoothly he drew you in until you're halfway through this book. Humane and humorous, compassionate and willing to get a little rough, this describes both the writer and the novel. Only The Strong does for St. Louis what Edward P. Jones has done for Washington D.C., Raymond Chandler for Los Angeles---mark

News & Interviews