Start by marking “Whose Toes are Those?” as Want to Read:
Whose Toes are Those?

Whose Toes are Those?

A vibrant, multicultural board book that celebrates a baby's sweet toes, for fans of Ten Tiny Fingers and Ten Little Toes.

Parents and children will enjoy this interactive board book that is perfect for celebrating the classic giggle-inspiring game of This Little Piggy.

Fun, rhyming text is paired with bold artwork full of toddler appeal.
Board Book, 22 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by LB Kids

To ask other readers questions about Whose Toes are Those?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whose Toes are Those?

Start your review of Whose Toes are Those?
Pamela
Sep 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: toddler-reads
"Whose Toes Are Those" was the 2nd book I've read by Jabari Asim. And, I must say that I was not at all disappointed as I witnessed my daughter rolling in laughter. I found this book from my reading of "Whose Knees Are These," also by Mr. Asim. I placed it on hold at the library and waited in anticipation until it came in because I knew my daughter would love it. And, she did. She loved how I pointed to her toes throughout the entire book. And, as a parent, I enjoyed it because, not only was it ...more
Bonnie Ferrante
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a toddler board book that is sure to appeal to any parent and child. The text rhymes well and has a flowing rhythm that could actually be sung. The author poses the question, “whose toes are those?”. The toddler’s toes appear in various poses. The reader catches the occasional glimpse of the child who owns them. It ends with a double page spread turned sideways showing a very happy child and her toes.

The illustrations are soft yet bright, simple and charming. The pictures seem to glow.

Th
Edward Ryan
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edward-s-library
I like toes. Also, the little girl is super cute. If she was real, I would be friends with her.
Aneesa
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Obviously piggies don't eat roast beef!

Let's teach both boys and girls to empathize with and relate to characters in books who don't share all their characteristics.
Grant Gallagher
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute and fun book for very young learners. This book teaches about the human body, especially feet. We see and read about the toes of a young girl. This is a simple book that is just light and fun to read to children. This is a good book for young children.
Margie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the toes it's hard to tell who the person is. These toes obviously belong to a child with brown, not pale, skin, which makes the story of the adorable toes very useful for multicultural communities.
Barbara
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful book. Noticing that so many of the people in my granddaughters books are white, I wanted to find board books that are not overt, just normalizing the many looks of humans. These are hard to find. Granddaughter loves it and I am in search of more.
Tracy
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddo
Of course there are multiple books of this title.
Lynn  Davidson
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a small board book with fun illustrations for a cute story about a small child's toes. Young children will enjoy it.
June
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Feet, toes, This little piggy requests
Recommended to June by: Katie Fitzgerald
Really cute board book that might be a great book-in-hand for my baby time program, if I can get enough copies.
Brittany Austin
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: callen
Very cute & simple book! We read this a couple of times to our son and pointed out his feet. This book wasn’t too heavy or thin, so he loved being able to hold and help turn pages. ...more
Amanda
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: board-books, poc, 2019, baby
Love the illustrations.
Gina
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Infectious rhyme and beautiful illustrations make this book a wonderful read for little ones.
Pam
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Board Book
Fun celebration of baby's toes.
Maude Ragsdale
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amys-baby-books
So fun to read and tickle toes!
Eve B.
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super fun read for toddlers!
Mikhaela
Dec 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with my six-month-old daughter at least twice a week, and she squeals in delight with each page ("So brown and sweet/who could have such darling feet?"). It's a lovely little rhyme with beautiful modern-style (not photo-realistic) painted illustrations and funky lettering, and just the perfect size for babies to hold and play with. I always pull her socks off so she can grab her toes as I read along.

I ordered it (and "Whose Knees Are These?") while hunting for books featuring b
jacky
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books, lib-lew
I am in love with Natalie's toes, so this was a great book for us. It features a cute illustrations of toddler feet leading up to the reveal that they belong to a little girl. The only problem I have with this book is that I had to change the word brown, because Natalie's toes are only brown when she's been outside barefoot. But, it is an easy word change to make since it is in the middle of a line and doesn't affect the rhyming. You could easily change it to a different color or other cutesy wo ...more
Asho
I liked this little board book, but my son wasn't too interested in it. He definitely prefers All of Baby Nose to Toes, which is a similar board book with lots of repetition and interaction. I like that it has a brown baby (so many children's book characters are white!), but the character is distinctly female, so this would be more fun for a baby girl. Baby boys can enjoy it too, of course!

ETA: Read to Louisa in June 2015. As suspected, this is more enjoyable to read to a baby girl!
Katie Fitzgerald
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read at Baby Lap Time on 7/27/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at drop-in story time on 12/4/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at drop-in story time on 2/26/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Cara Byrne
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
The premise of celebrating a little one's toes in a board book is a good one, but my little one lost interest fast (until a cat came onto the page - then she was momentarily hooked). I like the rhymes, cute illustrations and the inclusion of a "girl with the sparkling eyes and that cute button nose," but it wasn't as engaging as I was hoping it would be.
Michelle Love-Day
Oct 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-lit
I love books that have diversity. It is important for my little girl to see characters that look like her. I am sure you never thought about this, as most books have "white" characters as the main character. But as a woman of color, this means a lot to me!
Allenaj
Nov 12, 2009 added it
Recommends it for: anybody w/kids 3 and under
Recommended to Allenaj by: Seattle Public Library
This book has fun rhymes, just like "Whose Knees are These?'. Starts off with a close up of the toes and with each picture gives the reader a clue as to whose toes they are. Lots of fun - great to see some brown toes in kids books!
Kit
Jan 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Body parts: a favorite subject matter for toddlers.
A.
May 11, 2010 rated it liked it
I loved reading this with my daughter. It has fun musicality and it's a rare book to portray a non-caucasian culture in a board book. We need a ton more books of this kind.
Molly
Jul 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Sturdy Board Book. Great for baby storytime, it really gets the parents and kids interacting.
Valjeanne Jeffers
Nov 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is my grandson's favorite book (smile)!
Isabella Marquez
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
We love books that affirm brown little babies! And Bella loves toes.
Deb
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nice theme (along with the knees) for babies. Emily approves! If she holds the book I hold the toes, then we switch. A fun way to make reading a whole body experience.
Oct 28, 2013 added it
Shelves: children
My oldest daughter just loved this beautifully illustrated book.

• Please, Baby, Please
  • Peekaboo Morning
  • Pride Colors
  • Hair Love
  • More More More Said the Baby
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • I Can Do It Too!
  • Dream Snow
  • Black Bird Yellow Sun
  • Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!
Praise for Only The Strong

"Jabari Asim is such an elegant writer that you won't realize how smoothly he drew you in until you're halfway through this book. Humane and humorous, compassionate and willing to get a little rough, this describes both the writer and the novel. Only The Strong does for St. Louis what Edward P. Jones has done for Washington D.C., Raymond Chandler for Los Angeles---mark

News & Interviews