Start by marking “Endure (Need, #4)” as Want to Read:
Endure (Need, #4)

Endure

(Need #4)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  17,718 ratings  ·  1,087 reviews
It’s all-out war (and no-holds-barred romance) in the climactic conclusion to Carrie Jones’s bestselling series.

Published May 8th 2012 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Endure, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,527 books — 15,753 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,322 books — 10,708 voters

More lists with this book...

·  17,718 ratings  ·  1,087 reviews

Annabelle
****FINAL RATING: 3.85 STARS****

CATCHALL
I loved Need. I thought it was fresh and original, not to mention fun and exciting. Then Captivate and Entice came along and were not only awful, but so awful that they actually ruined Need for me. And now Endure has come back to reclaim part of my heart. I loved it so much and it definitely now has a place in my heart.

THE HEROINE
ZARA
Zara really comes into her own in this book. She takes charge in a way that she never has in the past and it's so beauti
Megs ♥
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it

On the e-reader this was only 167 pages. Wish it was A LOT longer, but oh well! Release date: 5-8-12

Okay. I'm going to start this review by mentioning my feelings towards the rest of this series. I adored the first book. I thought that the story was unique, the action was really well done, and I loved the romance. The characters were all characters that I fell in love with instantly. The second and third book seemed to get progressively worse in my opinion, but I still enjoyed them enough to be
Oct 09, 2011 marked it as to-read
YAY! Cover and description! These covers are so pretty!

TEAM ASTLEY!!!!!!!!!!
Cait
Apr 21, 2011 marked it as to-read
I love how the last book was the BEST one and shes just been letting out the series after the first couple of months but aver THIS book, the one I like the most, she decides to take a whole YEAR! Ugh times infinity! Sighhhhh. I'm going to read it, but, Carrie, this is some major buzzkill :/ I want to know if she ends up with his epicly sexy and amazing highness, Astleyyy!
Kayla
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends; she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelin ...more
Janie
OMG!!!OMG!!! the cover is out!!!! It looks amazing!!!!!

I had just finished the Entice... I know. It took FOREVER for me to finally get the third book. But now I am craving for more. I am Enticed, Captivated and Need to get my hands on to the fourth book! I just can Endure it!
I really hope Endure ends with Zara and Astley getting together. Ever since we were introduced to Astley in the second book, I knew he was the one. But if Carrie thinks otherwise I am probably going to scream.
But seriously
Sandy
Dec 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Boo for the title. The others were so atmospheric, but this one just feels burdensome and heavy.

*waves my Astley fangirl flag*

Let's hope we get the ending we're all cheering for!
Mikky
May 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
A WHOLE YEAR!?!
Why do authors LUV torturing us READERS!?!
.......(dramatic moment over ROFL)
Anyways....
TEAM ASTLEY!!!! xD

-------------------------------------------

OMG...

That sums up the shock and astonishment that I was in when I finally finished this book. I can say that it wasn't worth staying up half the night for (since I had to wake up at 6 am for school). If I could rewind last night and not finish the book, I'd be happier.

On to the book. It really wasn't what I was expecting. I don't kno

Steph Sinclair

The Need series has been a guilty pleasure of mine since book one due to the highly entertaining dialogue, the very unique characters and story line Carrie Jones created. After all, pixies aren't a paranormal creature I see a lot in the YA genre. Couple that with the use of Norse god mythology and you have a truly original series. All that being said, I do not think this was a strong conclusion, but I did still enjoy myself along the way.

Sometimes what I really dislike about reading a series whi
hayden
Dec 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-series
I've had a love-hate relationship with Carrie Jones over the years. Need was the first of her books I read, and I thought it was okay her writing was choppy and hard to read, but the characters were there, not to mention the whole phobia thing. How cool is that?!

Captivate, Need's sequel, took me even further into the world of Zara White and her friends, human and pixie alike, and I became infatuated with Jones's series. Entice made me love it. Imagine my heartbreak and disappointment when I foun
Hannah-Linn
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
HOLY GOD FINALLY!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS BOOK FOREVER.

It's over! I can't believe it. I waited so long for it and I've finished.

It ended........exactly the way I wanted it to. Thank the lord. This book was.....so good. I can't even describe my feelings.

I love Astley.
Katelyn
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Waited so long for it to come out..but the wait was worth it! Amazing, just amazing<3
Taylor
Jan 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: If you've read the Need series
Just finished this last night and I must say, it wasn't that bad.

When you read the blurb you really get a sense that it's going to be some thing thrilling and jam packed with romance all the way through but I actually found it really 'pick up' towards the last few chapters.

The ending-to me- didn't really seem to conclude the series. There was a lot of loose ends with Nick that Zara really hadn't gone into making it feel like it was hanging.

What really dissapointed me in this was not Zara's choi
Carter
Jan 05, 2011 rated it liked it
*whimpers*...2012?
Pao Mtz Parente
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
Kat
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this conclusion to the NEED series. Zara and Astley have gotten Nick back from Valhalla, but all is not well since Zara is still a pixie and Nick=not okay with pixies. Poor Zara. Also, there is mounting pressure from the coming pixie war, which the gang has to somehow figure out how to defend their little snowy town in Maine from, while Zara decides which of her guys she wants to be with. All in all, had lots of action and was a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Please excuse typos.
Kristy
Mar 06, 2011 marked it as to-read
2012!!!????!! I can't wait that long!!! Nnnnooooooooooo
Rosa
Haylee
Apr 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The saga Need by Carrie Jones is one of my favorite series of all time! I loved every single book in this series. I cannot wait for the release of this book. If anyone has not yet read any of the previous books, check them out.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: Very Pretty
Rating: PG-13
Overall: A satisfying conclusion to a really good series
Characters: Solid
Plot: Save the world, make a choice, choose the one you want to be with.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Series Ender
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: ASTLEY

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

It’s been a while since the last installment of this series and I’d forgotten just why I love Carrie Jones. This author has a sense of wit that may not make you laugh out loud all the time
ewa
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Whoever Zara end up with, book will be AWSOME!! We love you Carrie. Since you have a year , just please make it loooong :) .. and start writing the next one .

update 05/13/2012
Yep, as expected it was AWSOME!
To bad it is the last one - I really would like to read some more about Zara and Astley.
Shelby
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this book. I would say that it is the best one out of them. I am really sad the series is over with though. I wish there was more books in the series.
Dani love
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ended the way I wanted it to.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It is hard seeing a series come to an end.
Some how along the way you become a part of the character's world and they become a part of you. They become friends. People you feel like you know and care about.

Silly, I know but that is always how I feel when I get immersed in a good series. It is sad seeing it end. Knowing that there will be no more adventures or romances or even heartache.

So it was with a little bit of a sad heart that I picked up this book. Knowing it would be the end. That once I
Erika
Aug 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Need series
Before reading the book:
The cover is out and its AMAZING! Can't wait to get this book and find out if Nick and Zara are ok or if Zara goes for Astley. I'm hoping she ends up with Astley!

After:
This book was good but I felt like something was missing. I also found myself getting extremely annoyed with the characters in the beginning of the story mostly because I didn't remember them and how they acted. But once I got into the story it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. But don't get me wrong i
Kim Smiley
Nov 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I was so excited to read the finale to this series and was a little disappointed because it was only a little over 250 pages. This is the kind of book I want lots of pages to I can savor the story. Turn out, it didn't need it. My biggest complaint is that I read the other books a while ago and its hard to remember the plot/characters etc. because I've read so many other books in between. I read my reviews though so it helped a little.

Anyway, in this conclusion Zara is still a pixie and Nick
Anne

I remember thinking that the previous books were easy to read, and easy to get sucked into.
Even if they were just fluff.
I like fluff.
But I was midway through Endure before I felt anything remotely close to Sucked In. And even then, the plot seemed kinda meh.

However, I am on a mission this year to start finishing up all of these random series that I've started (then dropped) in the past few years.
So.
One down! Wheeee!

Endure falls directly into the Not Bad/Not Great category. The ending tied everyt
Taylor
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can wait that long:(( if she doesn't end up with astley, I might cry.
Miss
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
So I have finally finished this series after putting it off for so long. I am happier with how everything turned out more than I expected to be. I remember being really rooting for Zara and Nick, but this book completely made me switch teams within fifty pages or less. Zara saved Nick's life and because she had to turn pixie fully to do it he becomes such an immature ass! Then when she becomes human again he wants her back and Zara tells him like it is! I misjudged Astley big time. Now I love hi ...more
Mallory Kellogg
Fuck you, GR, for deleting my review before I could even finish writing it. I will take my shit to Booklikes.

Asshats.

REVIEW:
I waited for-effing-ever for this book to finish out the series, and this book sucked. I want my 3 days back. This book was so rushed I can't believe it was approved. It was made up of short, choppy sentences that made the story flow like broken glass. There was a serious lack of contractions in dialogue/thoughts, so everything had a stuffy, pretentious feel that I couldn't
Who do you like better Nick or Astley? 60 184 Jan 21, 2016 05:38PM
Utterly satisfying romantic finale for who? 26 344 Jun 10, 2014 03:19PM
Zara Untapped Potential 2 7 May 23, 2014 11:22PM
Questions 8 60 Mar 05, 2014 09:59PM
OMG! 17 88 Nov 28, 2012 10:34PM
Need Series 2 33 Mar 21, 2012 03:41PM
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • A Killer First Date  (Drake Chronicles #3.5)
  • Caradoc of the North Wind (Destiny's Path #4)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • The Wood Queen (The Iron Witch, #2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Midnight Frost (Frost, #5)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • Wolf Pact
  • The Marked (Delcroix Academy, #2)
  • Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)
Carrie Jones likes Skinny Cow fudgsicles and potatoes. She does not know how to spell fudgsicles. This has not prevented her from writing books. She lives with her cute family in Maine, but she grew up in Bedford, NH where she once had a séance with cool uber-comedian Sarah Silverman.

The Meyers brothers are from Bedford, too, so you’d think it would make Carrie funnier, coming from Bedford N.H. Ob

Need (4 books)
  • Need (Need, #1)
  • Captivate (Need, #2)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
“We teleported," Issie finishes. "Like in Star Trek or Harry Potter, sort of. No! Like in Dr. Who in that episode with the Sontarans and the brilliant human boy, or really any Dr. Who ever if you think of the Tardis! Holy canola! That is just the coolest thing ever! Wowie, wow, wow!” 59 likes
“That's what people who love you do: they hold you and lie. They tell you that you're worthy, that everything will be all right, and they do that even when you both know without a doubt that this is not true, that is it nowhere near the truth.” 44 likes