Start by marking “Taking Back the Good Book: How America Forgot the Bible and Why It Matters to You” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews

America faces a great crisis: the Book that has played an integral role in developing and forming our great nation is now the same Book that few read and even fewer understand.

Taking Back the Good Book explores how America has developed an apathetic—sometimes hostile—attitude toward biblical principles. To counter this troubling attitude, Kroll offers practical suggestion

Published March 16th 2007 by Crossway Books

To ask other readers questions about Taking Back the Good Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Back the Good Book

Brandon Perry
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
One of the most eye opening books I've read this year. I think as Christian Americans the details in this book are important for us to know and understand. Teaches the true value of not just reading the bible but also understanding the bible.
Chuck
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion
The author, Woodrow Kroll, is the president of Back to the Bible, and its subsidiary The Bible Literacy Center (BLC). The BLC is a research and development organization that does polling and other research into the the habits of secular and Christian readers to determine the status of Biblical Literacy in the country. I say all that to preface the idea that I had no clue!

I was amazed at the statistics of the reading habits, the knowledge of individual Christians, and the fact that most churches
Tyrell Mentzer
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book nailed it and provided toss of factual data about where we were as a nation, the current state we're in, how we got there and what to do to fix it.

The statistics bog down the flow of reading at times, however, they all point to the dire need American Christians have to pick up God's living Word one again and adhere to its teachings.

Personally, it helped me change my approach on the Bible. I used to read the Bible soley to learn, like a text book. Now, my Bible reading is much more fr
Jeff
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lots of information -- perhaps too many survey details that, for some, can take away from the pressing issues of Bible illiteracy. If you dig through all those numbers you'll see Woodrow Kroll's heart for God's word and its restoration in society. Heed his warnings. After all, if we keep going as we are, then any threat of having the Bible taken from us will mean little since the Bible itself will mean little to us.
Jimmy Parker
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book about us a Godly nation
Teun de Ridder
Mar 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Het thema "Bible Illiteracy" is pakkend, maar wordt warrig, superamerikaans en met onvoldoende diepgang gebracht.
Joe Defraga
rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2013
Matt Moser
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Inspired me to read the Bible in 1 year. Thank you Mr. Kroll!
Soupie Shaw