Start by marking “Station Rage (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #13)” as Want to Read:
Station Rage (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #13)

Station Rage

(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #13)

What begins as a sticky political problem soon evolves into full-scale chaos for Commander Sisko when a tomb of Cardassian soldiers is discovered on Deep Space Nine.
Mass Market Paperback, 277 pages
Published September 22nd 2000 by Pocket Books (first published November 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Station Rage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Station Rage

Jerome Maida
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a surprisingly fast-paced, intense book with a cool premise! Taking place during the first two seasons of the show, "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Station R" has Commander Sisko discovers a tomb full of "dead" cardassian soldiers no one knew was on the station. When the soldiers - including a legendary figure - are "resurrected", it causes chaos. Especially since these soldiers were "dead" for 80 years...and the elite members of the legendary High Gul will soon come face to face with not o ...more
Craig
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
This was actually one of the first Diane Carey Star Trek novels that I was really liking for the first part. It had an interesting villain and a unique circumstance with how they handled DS9 and even Odo. However, about 2/3 of the way through it all falls apart and turns into a silly battle with literal pew-pew-pews... So unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations. Also, I didn't really care for how she wrote Garak.
alix
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
let's just say i don't read star trek novels for their fine literary qualities. extra star for semi-prominently featuring garak, my main man.
Nicasio Andres
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Is this a GOOD book? No. Is this a book about CARDASSIAN ZOMBIES? Yes. Four enthusiastic stars.
Mrklingon
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic DS9 from the early days - a nice plot with resurrected Cardassians sabotaging the station while other Cardassians assemble to deal with the loose ends said resurectees represent.
Kenneth
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shane Amazon
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Station rage proves to be a highly charged action packed book that balances character development perfectly with suspense and drama. Although Diane Carey did a good job with recreating the characters she didn't quite catch the verbiage of those we know and love. I recently read Micheal Jan Friedman's Saratoga - and that book captured the characters personalities and verbal quips perfectly. Even though Diane Carey missed the characters a tad, she did a good job conveying who they are as people.

Si
The Fizza
Space Seed, DS9 stylee!

With the main points of Space Seed in place Diane Carey twists until the story feels assiduously Deep Space 9 and what follows is a war of tactics between conquerors of the past and officers of the 24th century Federation & Bajoran Militia... of course even some of those dang Cardassians cross the border to get into action.

If what the reader is looking for is an episode of the Star Trek series, this book gives out all the bang expected from the weekly syndicated sci-fi
Stephen
Deep inside the station is a tomb of Cardassian soldiers, ghosts from Cardassia's early empire who are just waiting to be awakened so that they might wage war against her foes. This is the effectively creepy setup for Station Rage, in which Garak loses his mind and Kira Nerys stops being The Major and is reduced to an anxious girl in uniform, smitten by the sheer awesomeness of The Sisko into watching him do battle like an action hero. Carey's writing is stilted here, and the handling of charact ...more
Dianah
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 100-books, star-trek
Holy Cardassian Mummies! Well, not actually, but close enough to be entertaining. While some of the details don't match up with what we know about Cardassia, Station Rage does a pretty good job creating an action packed story.

I'm not 100% on the characterizations of Sisko and Kira, but the rest are pretty good. Garak isn't quite right either, but there's a nice scene with him and Bashir that made me happy although I'm not sold on the idea of Bashir not being suspicious of Garak.

Overall, this is
Nick Pearson
Apr 22, 2016 rated it liked it
The plot of this is a bit far-fetched (for 'Star Trek'), but we're asked to believe that several years into ownership of the station, there are still unexplored sections, inside of which is a long-lost Cardassian General and his retinue of super soldiers. Once you get past the initial foolishness, there's some fun to be had, but Dax and O'Brien are criminally underused in a plot which involves high levels of systems-failure on the station. Sisko, and the 'Defiant' are well used, however, and its ...more
Bill
Nov 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I read this sometime in the last twenty years, but I was halfway thru before I remembered. Oh, the concept seemed familiar from page one but I kept thinking that I had started reading it and then had put it down.

Then I got to the part where Odo was attacked in the lift... and, honestly I recalled all of Odo's suffering and nothing about the rest of the book.

That was, of course, because that subplot was the best part of the book and the High Gul just got downright boring by then.
Daniel Kukwa
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek
A novel that manages to brilliantly capture the intensity of DS9 at its best...and the character of Sisko in particular. This is an intensity of plot and emotion you rarely find in the early DS9 novels, apart from "Fallen Heroes". This one is easily a milestone in the book series, and one of Diane Carey's best "Star Trek" contributions.
Justin Rees
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek
Excellence in every sense of the word! Diane Carey is a master of character intensity and the darker side of DS9. This was as thrilling as any episode of the show and was a truly enjoyable read. Must read to any DS9 fan
Dark-Draco
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was great - the best ST novel I have read in a long, long time. The characterisation was spot on and the story was one you could imagine happening on the series. It was full of action, surprises and a spookiness that I really liked. A very clever tale!!
John Deltuvia
A decent yarn, but due to continuity problems, probably much more readable if you're not too familiar with the Deep Space Nine series. Kira is suspicious of Sisko and Starfleet's motives, which is a season one trait; but she has a field commission from St
Craig
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad for a Star Trek novel. If this was an episode I feel that it would have a two parter. At times Kira and siskocharacterization felt kind of off. I felt at times Kira almost god worshipped sisko lol.
K
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Carey is one of my favorite Star Trek authors and does an great job with this DS9 book! Excellent job capturing the likeness of most all characters. 4/5
John
May 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. GREAT!
Aaron
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek-ds9
Great fast read. One of the better books so far in the DS9 series.
Jason Vargo
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Will Johnson
Aug 14, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned, trek
I just can't do these books anymore.
Denise
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
A fascinating premise and a skilled author with a solid grip on the characters combine to make this one of the better DS9 novels so far.
Angela
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good story. A cardassian tomb is hidden on DS9, things start to go wrong when its inhabitants wake up. A very good story with lots of unexpected plot twists.
Kf4yfa
Brutally Honest
Nov 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Devil in the Sky
  • The Long Night (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #14)
  • Saratoga (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #18)
  • Warchild
  • Objective: Bajor (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #15)
  • Fallen Heroes (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #5)
  • Wrath of the Prophets (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #20)
  • The Big Game (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #4)
  • Proud Helios (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #9)
  • Antimatter (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #8)
  • The Heart of the Warrior (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #17)
  • Trial by Error (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #21)
  • Laertian Gamble (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #12)
  • Valhalla (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #10)
  • Betrayal (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #6)
  • Invasion: Time's Enemy
  • The Tempest (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #19)
  • Bloodletter (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #3)
Diane Carey also wrote the Distress Call 911 young adult series under the name D.L. Carey.

Diane Carey is primarily a science fiction author best known for her work in the Star Trek franchise. She has been the lead-off writer for two Star Trek spin-off book series: Star Trek The Next Generation with Star Trek: Ghost Ship, and the novelization of the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot, Broken Bow.

For more

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Emissary
  • The Siege (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #2)
  • Bloodletter (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #3)
  • The Big Game (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #4)
  • Fallen Heroes (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #5)
  • Betrayal (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #6)
  • Warchild
  • Antimatter (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #8)
  • Proud Helios (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #9)
  • Valhalla (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #10)