Start by marking “Love Is a Flame: Stories of What Happens When Love Is Rekindled” as Want to Read:
Love Is a Flame: Stories of What Happens When Love Is Rekindled

Love Is a Flame: Stories of What Happens When Love Is Rekindled

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Couples will find entertainment, instruction, and application in these stories of couples who have restored vibrancy to their marriages; foreword by Gary Chapman.
Published July 1st 2010 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Love Is a Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Is a Flame

Erin Henry
3.5 really. Good stories. The main take away I got was you can only change yourself. And hope that is enough.
Yiya
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are used to thinking of a "happily ever after" deal when considering marriage; seldom do we realize that marriage vows also include words like "poor" or "sickness." Death, triumphs, financial difficulties, sacrifice, illnesses, addictions and affairs are just some of the circumstances that several couples have faced. This is a compilation of their stories and about love that endures despite anything; they share how their life had to change radically, and how a new purpose for marriage was fou ...more
Cassandra
Aug 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
From the advertising blurb: If you want to improve or revive your marriage, you need more than just theories of marriage from experts. You need shared experiences, to hear other couples say I've been there and to see the unique, creative, and practical solutions they have found to restore the vibrancy of their marriages.

Love Is a Flame is full of short stories of couples who turned their marriages around with God's help. Some of the stories made me laugh and others made me cry. It was a quick re
Victor Muthoka
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rekindled Love Is The Most Tender

This book. How can I put my thoughts on it into words?

I went into this book enthusiastic & it didn't disappoint though along the way it felt corny at times with some of the stories that are included and their rather "tiny" scope. But everyone has a story to tell.

Basically this is a collection of different stories by different couples in different contexts on situations/times/seasons that tested and almost ended their marriage. Each story is brief and is told
Clara
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for any married couple. This book provides first hand account about the struggles and joys of marriage. Its shows that even though no marriage is perfect, any marriage can be saved with enough time, love, and guidance from God. Filled with great advice and Scripture to fall back on, this book is a must for anyone who wants to rekindle their love.
Krystal
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gary Chapman's name is in big font at top of cover and blurb said something like... if you loved the five love languages by gary chapman then you'll love this. By no means was this a bad book. It just greatly disappointed me. Great little love stories, but some were a little too far-fetched for me and I struggled to complete this book. Not as wonderful as The five love languages for sure!
Shell
Aug 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short stories of marriages that were having problems and how they turned them around. I did like this, but it got repetitive after a while. Would have been better to read a little here and there, instead of trying to read it all at once.
Brooke
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this collection of short essays. Marriage is work, and its refreshing to read about the reality of it. Each story has the ability to inspire one to more thoughtful living and small ways each of us can be a better spouse.
Amy Winkelman
I enjoyed reading all the stories from the couples who shared how the Lord has kept them together through all of life's hardships. Makes me very thankful for my marriage and gave me some ideas to keep our love growing.
Marshan Alma
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. I enjoyed reading other couple's stories, their struggles, and their successes. It made me feel normal. They experienced some of the same struggles I do. Marriage is hard work, and you need Christ at the center of it. I would recommend this book to all married couples.
Larysa
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was very easy to read with real life stories that are by people from different walks of life--it covers so many topic makes you smile and cry and feel all kinds of emotions. Def a good read not your typical self help book.
Melanie
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting marriage encounters

What interested me is the different marriage dilemmas. Reading this book brought about a few encounters that we all face in marriage. If you chose to read this book you will probably see yourself in a few of the situations entailed. In this book.
Dona
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really great book filled with about 43 different love stories. Stories where people have had to rekindle their love. The stories are very enduring. They will make you laugh, cry, and smile. Also, at the end of every story is a short little insight given by the author.
Kay
Shelves: 2016
Inspiring. :)
Zelma
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book of short stories about married couples and how they overcame the rigors of marriage, Children, and jobs etc.
Ronda
Feb 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ronda by: dakanna@scrtc.com
Shelves: 2012, nook
Interesting stories, commentary lacking.
Julia Reffner
Jul 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewer
review to come
Lauren Sipe
Several stories smacked me over the head with conviction about my own marriage, but the pithiness of each one was enough to keep me from rating this book higher.
Lori Jorgensen
Apr 02, 2015
Dean Wood
Apr 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Christian Book Gi...: Love is a Flame by James Bell Stuart 1 8 Aug 27, 2014 11:59AM
  • Creating an Intimate Marriage: Rekindle Romance Through Affection, Warmth and Encouragement
  • Us: A User's Guide
  • Love Is a Verb: Stories of What Happens When Love Comes Alive
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon's Crazy in Love How-To Manual
  • 40 Days without Food: Divine Goodness to a Starving Soul
  • Fun Loving You: Enjoying Your Marriage in the Midst of the Grind
  • 40 Unforgettable Dates with Your Mate: Creative Ways to Meet the Love Needs of Husbands and Wives
  • Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half: Why Differences Make a Marriage Great
  • Turn Up the Heat: A Couples Guide to Sexual Intimacy
  • Live Like You Mean It: The 10 Crucial Questions That Will Help You Clarify Your Purpose / Live Intentionally / Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life
  • The Good Life: Seeking Purpose, Meaning, and Truth in Your Life
  • Living Successfully with Screwed-Up People
  • One Million Arrows: Raising Your Children to Change the World
  • Daily Dose of Determination
  • Understanding Your Bible in 15 Minutes a Day
  • When You Don't Know What to Pray: How to Talk to God about Anything
  • How to Unspoil Your Child Fast: A Speedy, Complete Guide to Contented Children and Happy Parents
  • Fully Alive: A Biblical Vision of Gender That Frees Men and Women to Live Beyond Stereotypes

James Stuart Bell, Jr., was director of religious publishing at Doubleday, executive director of Bridge Publishing, and executive editor at Moody Publishing. He has written or consulted for more than a dozen other Christian publishers. At present he is the owner of Whitestone Communications, Inc., a literary development agency. His roles include writer, editor, compiler, packager, publishing cons
More about James Stuart Bell Jr....