Start by marking “Apollyon (Covenant, #4)” as Want to Read:
Apollyon (Covenant, #4)

Apollyon

(Covenant #4)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  38,785 ratings  ·  2,499 reviews
Fate isn't something to mess with and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest t
Published April 4th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Apollyon, please sign up.
Aishwarya Suresh
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,578 books — 11,058 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,506 books — 12,285 voters

More lists with this book...

·  38,785 ratings  ·  2,499 reviews

Kayleigh {K-Books}
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jla, shp
Apollyon Review on K-Books

**Please Note: Contains Spoilers for Deity and Elixir.

Oh. My. Freaking. Gods! There are no words in this universe that could explain my feelings about this book. I went through so many emotions throughout this book, from freaking out, to crying to laughing and hopeful. I just loved every single second of it and it is without a doubt my favourite book of all time.

Alex has connected with Seth. Unaware of her previous state of mind and her feelings for Aiden, Alex knows
Boyanna
-------------
APOLLYON is live on Amazon and B&N
-------------
So, here you go People, Deity Island fan site, all Teasers and Trailers in one place of everything Jennifer L. Armentrout ever wrote!

Some of the Teaser for Apollyon:

Teaser #1
My feet touched the ground and I took a step forward—one, and then another. And Aiden didn’t move. He waited. It was in those eyes of his, the finality of this. He wouldn’t win, he couldn’t and he knew it. Aiden accepted it. As I reached him, the rain stopped an
I honestly have no words. I'm just going to go to a corener and cry.
Molly McAdams
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
HOLY DAIMON BABIES. Jennifer has done it again!

Apollyon is even better than the previous in the series, and will leave you wishing you already had the next one on your e-reader waiting for you. I kid you not, I jerked back and clicked back and forth hoping I was wrong and hadn't reached the end yet. I for real pouted for a good ten minutes. But, Jennifer has a way of writing endings that make you crave her next book without hating her for leaving it the way she did, and I LOVE her for that!

In A
Angie Cunningham
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I have admittedly been putting off my review to this book.

OMG photo tumblr_mik581UHjG1rezs2oo5_250_zps76039737.gif

Put away the crestfallen looks that I know my first sentence might have brought on because the truth was, I wanted to have a bit of a think before I wrote down my thoughts for everyone. Jennifer's writing is absolutely superb (there was no doubt) and I loved this book as much as the others, but unlike Deity, I didn't end this book feeling like I had just licked a battery or that someone stole my favorite toy.

(or bottle of rum as
Jana (My Messy Chapters)

You know when I said that DEITY was the best Covenant book and I didn't know how anything could top it, well now I'm just eating my words because APOLLYON oh my gosh just pushed DEITY into a faraway place never to be seen again. Ha. But seriously, just when you think something is JLA's best work, another book of hers get released and then THAT becomes her best work. I don't know how she does it but wow I'm so proud of my favourite author. *bows*

I've always been such a fan of Greek Mythology and
Seena Seena
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-fav-s
So this is the last thing I read in Deity and then the book ended...

"The First - my whole purpose for existing. Mine. My other half. He was here, waiting. Already inside me, seeing what I was seeing, whispering to me, promising me that he was coming. Seth. Mine.

And they all were going to die.

I smiled."

Photobucket

Soooooo I jump on line to check out the release date for the next installment.

Expected publication: April 9th 2013

Photobucket

But then realizing that it don't matter that to me the wait is unacceptable.

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov
Just give me a second to take this all in......

GIFSoup

Okay, now onto the review which won't contain any spoilers at all(I hope). First off can I say she has done it again! JLA is the only author I've known that can grab your heart with every word and just rip it out with an ending!!! Apollyon was definitely the quiet before the storm.....Sentinel is going to be CRAZY!!!! To insure spoiler safety I will talk about the character that we all LOVE!!!!!

Aiden: Aiden........HOLY DAIMON BUTT YOU ARE TH
Isabella
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
IT'S 4.5!!!
I'm torn between 4 and 5 stars. It's a 4.5, really, but Goodreads doesn't like halfs (!) and I don't know what is better: 4 or 5? Guess I'll go with 5 because I loved the ending. Amazing. AWESOME. If just the whole book had been like the ending... I mean, it was incredible. I loved the pacing! While most of the book was really slow - even if I loved a few steamy scenes... - the first chapters and the last ones were amazing, that's why it's a 4.5.

***
... April 2013?
Is this a cosmical jo
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was pretty much what I expected… It wasn't good, it wasn't awful… Okay, it was pretty awful but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever read — there were loads of cheesy parts, predictable arcs and nonsensical dialogue… But I have to admit there was the occasional somewhat entertaining moment.

Why do I keep reading this series?

1. I like (most) of the secondary characters.
2. It reminds me of Vampire Academy, which I love (mostly, sort of).
3. Once I start a series I find it hard to give up
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo tumblr_n0a7j09qTZ1snlqo0o1_400_zps8201d8f3.gif

Apollyon is book #4 in the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout.

There are advantages and disadvantages to binge reading an entire series from start to finish. The advantages, especially for those of us who might be slightly memory deficient, is to not have to wait that pesky year between books and then not be able to remember what happened in the previous book. The disadvantage, is that I am so immersed into this world, into these characters, that I am pretty much worthless as a contributing
Lucia
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ya
Apollyon is full of action and fighting, Greek Gods, terrifying as well as swoonworthy scenes. Definitely the best in series so far! SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:
My Aiden:

My Alex:

“And that kind of love is more important than anything right now, Lexie. It’s going to keep you sane. It’s always going to remind you of who you really are.”

There are no doubts that Jennifer L. Armentrout is amazing author and that her writing is phenomenal. This book is just another proof of that. Apollyon was never boring or
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
“Whatever you do, don't break my brother's heart. You are his world. And if you leave it, it will destroy him.”

Actual rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars

The thing about this series is that every book gets better and better and better. I loved 80% of this book so much and enjoyed the other 20% a lot. There's action, romance and a lot of sassy remarks that really does not make this the ideal book to read while on a train because you will start laughing all of a sudden and have people staring at you.

I feel
Erin

Just when I think Jennifer Armentrout has shown us her best and written her most captivating story to date, she goes and ups the ante! I have loved the Covenant series since I first met these incredible characters in the unforgettable Half-Blood, and I thought Deity was just amazing when I read it last year. Well, I can honestly say that, of all Jennifer’s outstanding stories, this is without a doubt her best work to date!!

After reading Deity, I was so anxious and at the same time terribly nervo
Ramona
I swear to God.. If I would have read “My Seth” one more time, I would have hurt someone, mainly Alex!!!!!! “Apollyon” took the series to a whole other level, darker and stronger and you just have a difficult time figuring out your favorite book from the series. It is a very hard task because all of them are amazing and beautifully written, with major events going on and with characters evolving each chapter.

As the title spoils, Alex is the Apollyon now, connected entirely and irevocably with Se
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
By now, it’s pretty clear that Jennifer L. Armentrout knows what she’s doing. Little by little, she’s converted even the strongest non-believers, including me. I still maintain that Half-Blood is a result of blatant plagiarism, but I have changed my mind about the series as a whole, and I’m not one to keep quiet in such an occasion. Ever since Pure, I’ve been enjoying this series more and more with each new installment, and now, with just one book left, I can even call myself a fan.

Deity ended
Anja H.
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4 UPHILL STARS*

HALLELUJAH! This series is finally getting better!
I wanted to give up after the first quarter of this book (I was so frustrated and wanted to repeatedly and agressively bash some characters’ heads in), but I’m glad I pushed through and now I can’t wait to see what happens in the fifth and final installment!
William
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
Actual Review

Give me a moment please.

How can I start but by just simply saying that the long wait was COMPLETELY WORTH IT. OMG. AHHHHH!!!! The plot, the characters, ugh. I AM JUST IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES. SO MUCH.

And then there is Aiden and Alex:

Okay, I'm done. Now starts the wait for Sentinel.
One more thing, go read it. :) Sorry if I can't hear you over my shrill fanboy screaming. :D

UPDATE: IT'S ALMOST HERE!!! :D I CAN'T.

No. April 2013. How can I be expected to survive until then? I am NO
Lucy Qhuay
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Covenant series fans
Recommended to Lucy Qhuay by: myself, as the great fan of this series that I am

I swear these authors are trying to kill me. This can't end like that!

I so cannot freaking wait for Sentinel!

Aiden and Alex didn't have a single moment of peace. Damn! It's time for them to be happy and just love each other freely, without obstacles or worries.

I am just so happy to see Alex changed into a more mature person. She's not as impetuous anymore, which is really great.

After all, she is the Apollyon now. She is very powerful and she can't have those knee-jerk reactions that were so char
Nymeria
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I need this yesterday.
Annie Brewer
Seriously, this series just gets better and better. It surpassed my expectations but of course that's JLA. She can do no fucking wrong! This book was insanely awesome! So much happened and my head was spinning. The action, the romance, the emotions and everything in between. It was just incredible.

Aiden St Delphi is a god of all gods. I fall in love with him more and more and more. Gah! I want him! Team Aiden always.

Review to come closer to release date.

Okay apparently I didn't get the memo tha
Jessica
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Almost a 4 star book for me
Full review to come
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Wow, just wow. review to come.

Quick review:

Cover: Nice
Rating: R
Overall: I can’t put into words how much I enjoyed.
Characters: Well done
Plot: No matter how lost you are, you can be found. Love will always find a way.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: ♥AIDEN♥

SUMMARY (55 words or less)

For all of you haven’t read this series because the first book has a VA feel, get over it. I did. This series is seriously AWESOME. It has legs of its own and isn’t like
Penny
Oct 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kate Kaynak
Dec 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'm the luckiest frikkin' editor in the world... :)
~Tina~
Fanfreakingtastic!!!LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

I swear, I don't know how Jennifer L. Armentrout finds the energy to keep creating amazing books after amazing books. Someone needs to bottle it up and spread it around the world. Think of all the peace we can achieve. But in all seriousness, I've never met a JLA book I didn't like!

Apollyon proves to be another exciting installment in the Covenant series, bringing in more action and more romance then ever before, leaving us breathless and begging for the fina
Greta
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!

Volevo darne 4 maaa... Seth non si vede per tutto il romanzo. O almeno, non si vede come si deve e mi ha dato alquanto sui nervi essendo il personaggio migliore della serie. Non vedo l'ora di leggere il suo spin off e dedicarmi completamente a lui.

Per il resto non c'è molto da dire, questa serie mi prende molto durante la lettura ma non mi lascia niente dentro dopo, non è come la serie Lux o la Dark Elements, qui non trovo pane per i miei denti. Se non ci fosse stato Seth avrei mollat
Pilar ☽
Oh dear, this series gets better and better with each book!

To be honest, this was not my favorite book of the series, I prefered the previous ones.
Apollyon was action packed and highly entertaining but from the beginning to the middle of the book, I felt like nothing really happened... But still, I really liked and enjoyed every chapter.

I'm so not ready to start the last book. I grew attatched to all the characters and the story, I don't want this wonderful series to end :(

Seda
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
İlk 3,5 kitaptan bir tık aşağıda kaldı benim için. Başları, özellikle İksir kısmı, Alex’in İksir’den sonra yaşadıkları çok heyecanlı ve güzeldi. Ortalarına doğru biraz fazla uzatıldığını düşündüm. O saklandıkları evden çıkamadılar bir türlü. Sürekli bir şeyler olduğundan sıkılmasam da bazı yerlerde tempoyu düşük buldum.

Ama sonlara doğru yine eski hızına kavuştu hikaye. Bir anda ne olduğunu anlamadan ortalık karıştı. Alex’le birlikte benim de canım yandı sanki son 2-3 bölümde. Sakin bir şekilde
Lo Bookfrantic
4.5⭐⭐⭐⭐Stars

binge listening to the audio books I can't stop now holy cow that last one left me going crazy haha

YA Buddy Readers'...: Apollyon (Covenant #4) By Jennifer L. Armentrout - Starting July 17th 2016 7 15 Jul 31, 2016 10:48AM
A Million More Pages: 4 - Apollyon (Covenant): Jun 15 20 24 Jun 24, 2015 09:11AM
Right.. It's killing me. Does Seth die in this book? 40 165 Oct 28, 2014 12:01AM
Which element would you want to control? 3 10 May 30, 2014 04:18AM
Let's Get It Para...: Apollyon 1 6 Dec 15, 2013 11:36AM
Pregnant...? 15 280 Oct 04, 2013 10:18AM
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Betraying Innocence
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • The Fall
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Covenant (5 books)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
“We had no idea what waited ahead of us, other than the big, fat unknown, and most likely a big, fat kick in the face. The gravity of that was killing me-killing us

I squared my shoulders. "Release the Kraken!"

Several sets of eyes settled on me.

"What?" I gave a lopsided shrug. "I've always wanted to yell that since I saw that movie. Seemed like the perfect moment.”
188 likes
“What is it with the St. Delphi brothers and their attraction to halfs?” 160 likes