Start by marking “Always In Our Hearts: The Story Of Amy Grossberg, Brian Peterson, The Pregnancy They Hid And The Baby They Killed” as Want to Read:

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Amy Grossberg and Brian Peterson grew up in a wealthy New Jersey suburb, meeting and falling in love while still in high school, then set out for college with their classmates. But in November of their Freshman Year, the two young lovers spent a night in a Delaware motel room where, after hiding her pregnancy from her family and her friends for nine months, Amy gave birth ...more
Published April 15th 2000 by St. Martin's True Crime (first published February 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Always In Our Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always In Our Hearts

Koren
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: true-crime
This is exactly the way I like my True Crime books. The research is incredible. He doesn't just tell us what happened with these two teenagers who had a baby and then threw it in a dumpster. He gets into their background and the background of the whole town to let us get into the minds of all the players. He also gives us a history of what has happened to other similar cases. Did these two teenagers get a break because of their upbringing? Should they be charged with murder?
Cindy
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly gut-wrenching!! I read this book at the same time I was enrolled in a legal program at our local college. Though it wasn't planned that way, it did help me understand the court system so much better. I found this book thorough and perfect in description in every detail. Doug Most did a fabulous job walking the reader through a very emotional situation that truly tries the readers own values, morals and personal as well as political convictions. I believe it should absolutely be a "mus ...more
Gerry
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Journalist Doug Most has a fascinating but very sad story to tell -- that of Amy Grossberg and Brian Peterson and the baby they didn’t want. Hard to believe that two privileged and educated young people could behave so selfishly, disposing of a baby as just one more piece of trash. Based on his portrayal of the couple, their families, and their communities, it appears that their privileged upbringing and the degree to which they had been protected from ever making the wrong choice, even in littl ...more
Bonni Sweet
A startling story of two high school kids trying to play grown up and not accepting the consequences that went along with it. She becomes pregnant and neither wanted this child, but instead of gong through adoption or even abortion they tried to wish it away and then the night that it was born they threw it away. In the end they turned on each other but child was still unwanted and sacrificed none the less. A very sad sad story but very well told by the author.
Sandy
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I considered this a good book. It was well told. I was torn in my feelings about the whole story. I felt for the baby. I couldn't believe two eighteen year olds could be this ... stupid, for lack of a better word.
I finally felt more sympathy for Brian, the father of the baby, than with Amy, the mother. I wanted to slap Amy's Mom. I just did not like the lady. I felt it was more her fault than anyone. She needed to let her child grow up and be responsible for herself, just a little bit.
Atlantis
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
I ran across this book at the library looking for something else and on a whim checked it out. While the real-life story is disturbing I thought reading about it would be beneficial. It is hard to accept that our kids might not be the perfect creatures we want them to be and how denial plays a part in that. I sincerely hope that if my kids find themselves in a situation where they need help they they ask for it before it is too late.
Fishface
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: true-crime
A very, very good read. Never bogs down with boring details and places the crimes under discussion squarely into historical context. Worth keeping and re-reading. I have to say this book needed a thorough re-editing before its final publication; the story moved right along but some of the usage and sentence structure was just plain clumsy.
Mrsreader
Educated guess about when I read this.
Mellanie C
Jun 12, 2016 marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
♥ Marlene♥
Sep 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Not the best true crime but not that bad either.
Angela Dominguez
Nov 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another true crime book. Excellent read.
April
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Book was well written... story is simply heartbreaking.
Monica Sweet
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really, how selfish can some people be!
Paula
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great read! So very sad. The author did an outstanding job of putting forth the feelings of all involved in this tragic story.
Leslie Spangler
I saw the movie before I read the book and the story is sad no matter how one hears about it.
Geof
Apr 18, 2017
Brooke
Dec 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Doug Most is the deputy managing editor for features at The Boston Globe. He is the author of Always in Our Hearts: The Story of Amy Grossberg, Brian Peterson, the Pregnancy They Hid and the Child They Killed. He has written for Sports Illustrated, Runner's World and Parents and his stories have appeared in Best American Crime Writing and Best American Sports Writing. He lives in Needham, Massachu ...more
More about Doug Most...