Start by marking “Solomon's Porch” as Want to Read:
Solomon's Porch

Solomon's Porch

Broken and alone, suffering through the consequences of his sin, Peter Carson is overwhelmed by pain and guilt as he sits in prison. The most unlikely of divine messengers, Peter is prophetically destined to provide the world with hope and miracles, to proclaim the kingdom of God at a time when the children of Adam have forgotten who they are. Satan is quick to strike back ...more
Published March 30th 2010 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Solomon's Porch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solomon's Porch

Start your review of Solomon's Porch
Clare Crosswell
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It's a complete change to what I normally read but I simply couldn't put it down. Would definitely recommend.
Ed
"Solomon's Porch: A Christian Suspense Novel" wasn't quite -- that is, it was very Christian, but not very suspenseful. At ~450 pages, the suspense sorta got buried in the long pauses where the characters examine and re-examine their lives and their conversions.

The story: Peter Carson is an embezzler who basically stole from his circle of friends and acquaintances to please his wife and impress her with his "worth". Imprisoned (sort of) in a Federal prison camp, the somewhat atheistic Peter
J.E. Grace
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found Solomon's Porch to be an exciting and fast paced read. This was a modern day tale of men, who like the ones Jesus chose to do great things in the Bible, were very flawed and filled with sin. The angel Gabriel comes to each person to remind them of their sordid past and provide hope for their future.

I found the main character very interesting, filled with the Holy Spirit, and it was plain that he took no credit for the good things or miracles performed, but gave all the credit to God.
Jim
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, christian, kindle
The cover declares this to be a "Christian suspense" novel. I suppose that describes a portion of the story, but the suspense was not very intense, and unfortunately it never resolved! If this was book one of a trilogy, I could at least accept the leave-you-hanging ending, but I have seen no such claim.

The story is of a white-collar embezzler who was caught, and while serving time receives a vision from the Archangel Gabriel. This starts a personal ministry, and brings together a collection of
Amazin2843
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solomon's Porch is a fast read because it's difficult to put down. It tells a story of per-Armageddon. What would happen if God quite loudly gave us one last chance to accept love and deny hate and violence? His last chance come about through Peter Carson, a prisoner in a white-crime jail. How? Does it work? Gee, I guess you'll have to read it. Great insights into our own little lives.
Nicole Lynn Dean
Couldn't put it down

Just finished this book in a few days. Amazing! Never highlighted a book so much before. Can't recommend it enough.
Graham Downs
This is a difficult book to review. I liked the story, but it wasn't anything like any Christian fiction I've read before.

In most Christian fiction, the protagonist believes in God (or comes to believe in God) as a given. He's there, in the background, and characters make their big life decisions prayerfully, trying to discern what God wants in a given situation.

In this book, it's almost as if God Himself is the protagonist, and there isn't a single scene, or practically a single line of
Deb
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book had a really interesting premise, but sometimes the "preachy" part got in the way of the story. It did make me wonder how the world will react when the Lord is resurrected. Would we recognize a prophet? How would the present-day world react if Jesus was among us. We're all so cynical now. Anyway, it gave me a lot to thing about, and overall I liked it.
Kathy Phelan-delauro
Superior read

Not a story I'd issue pick, but Thank God I did!! So well written, with characters that jump off the page! The storyline is both fascinating and fearful as it could happen in this time as it is written. Seriously- read this book! Will be looking out for Wid Bastian books in the future.
Ross Lucas
Oct 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Do not buy this book. This book teaches that God's word is not perfectly accurate.
The main character says, "Those pastors who insist that the Bible, especially the Old Testament, must be interpreted literally, meaning it does not contain spiritual truths presented as parables, well, they just miss it" (p. 139).
This author has bought in to the postmodern assertion that there is no absolute, ultimate truth. The Bible ("especially the Old Testament) must be interpreted by those who are smarter
Ginger L Levan
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read. This book will lead you to re-examine the way you see the world and want to become more Christ-like.

Although I disagreed on a few Biblical points such as taking the Bible as is, this book will make you think about how very lacking we as Christians really are when striving to be more Christ-like.
Ruth Scaife Scaife
Good

I gave a 4 star rather than a 5 because of the language in the book. I think the cursing was not needed and it would have been just as good. There were e also a couple doctrinal differences in the book I did not agree with. Over all good plot but unfortunately I do not think it is for tween reading due to language. It is a shame I won't let my children read it.
Kathryn LaCoss
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Divinely inspired writing.

This is God's call to our world and this book calls to us to be more mindful of what Jesus called us to do. We are at war with powers and principalities in dark high places and not with flesh and blood. A call is out to return to Apostolic faith and this book mirrors that.
billy
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riveting!

Great book with only a couple of complaints. I take the complete bible as truth. The author looks at the old testament stories as parables. He also considers all faiths to worship the same God. There is only one true GOD. The story itself was good though.
Sandi
Jan 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish it.
Faith Stanfill
T.

This book is written for a younger audience than I expected , moving in some ways . There should be a follow up coming along , don't leave the tale half told.
Linda
Feb 19, 2014
Mike
Jun 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Casting the First Stone (Reverend Curtis Black, #1)
  • Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black, #2)
  • The Best-Kept Secret (Reverend Curtis Black, #3)
  • Though I Stumble (Promises of God #1)
  • If I Believe (Promises of God #2)
  • If You're With Me (Promises of God #2.5)
  • When I'm Tempted (A Promises of God Novel Book 3)
  • I Am Rahab
Wid Bastian is a novelist and screenwriter. His screenplay work includes the upcoming feature film Themi scheduled for release in 2016. As a ghostwriter, Wid has penned numerous novels and memoirs that have been published both in America and abroad. An avid scuba diver since the late 1980s, Wid loves the ocean in general and whales in particular. When he’s not working in Los Angeles, Wid enjoys ...more