Start by marking “Doctor Who: Relative Dimensions” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Relative Dimensions

Doctor Who: Relative Dimensions (Eighth Doctor Adventures #4.07)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  146 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Christmas is a time for family, they say – which is why the Doctor has invited his grand-daughter Susan, and great-grandson Alex for Christmas dinner in his time and space machine. But who, or what, is the spectre at their yuletide feast?

Venturing deep into the dark heart of the TARDIS, Susan uncovers her past, Alex is told his future – and the Doctor finds himself caught
Published December 2010

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Bettie☯
Oct 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: BBC Radio Listeners
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Bettie
From BBC Radio 4 Extra - Extra Debut:
The Time Lord invites his grand-daughter and great-grandson to have Christmas dinner aboard the TARDIS. Stars Paul McGann.
A Bald Mage** Steve
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: doctor-who
I didn't get on with this story just didn't gel with me if I start losing interest its a bad sign...... 3/10
Tabitha
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get into this one.
Wendy
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Jamie Revell
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Due to its unusual release schedule, this is the second "Christmas Special" of the fourth season of 8th Doctor adventures. The Doctor attempts to have a Christmas uninterrupted by alien invasions and the like by the not unreasonable expedient of spending it entirely on board the TARDIS. Which, obviously, doesn't work.

The adventure elements of the story are fairly basic, with something nasty stalking the TARDIS corridors, but they're really only there as an excuse for bonding between the main cha
sabisteb
Dec 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Lucie Miller ist immer noch sauer wegen der Ereignisse in “Death In Blackpool”, zumindest glaubt das der Doktor. Er glaubt, dass er ihr ein Weihnachtsfest schuldet, nachdem er ihr das letzte ruiniert hat. Aus diesem Grund lädt er sein Familie in die Tardis zum Weihnachtsessen ein, also seine Enkelin Susan und deren Sohn Alex. Doch plötzlich taucht da so ein seltsamer Fisch auf, der durch die Dimensionen springt und auch der Doktor ist gleich mehrfach vorhanden.

OK, zwei Weihnachtsepisoden in ein
Mel
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
"look Lucie SOCKS!"
So at first I wasn't sure about Susan in a comedy Christmas adventure. But it really feels like after all of Susan's trauma she really deserved it. I normally don't like the comedy 8th Doctor episodes but this was quite fun. (Though could have done without the First Christmas narration!)
I liked how Susan kept reminding the Doctor that he left her and it wasn't her choice to stay,except in a way it was and that kind of removed her agency and it was probably better to have sai
Gayle
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, doctor-who
Reminded me a little of the Doctor Who tv christmas special from 2010 with the fish, but apart from that, it was a nice little story. My last 'encounter' with Lucie Miller was in "Death in Blackpool" where at the end she decided not to travel with the Doctor anymore, so I was surprised to see her back (perhaps I should listen to stories in order, in future!). Nice to have the Doctor with his family - granddaughter Susan, and great-grandson Alex (Paul McGann's son, Jake).

This was an enjoyable chr
Nicholas Whyte
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
I am not a huge fan of McGann's Doctor, but this time he seemed to me to nail the character of the moody, neurotic, somewhat needy Time Lord who is trying to do a little bit of good. I wasn't wild about the plot - the idea of pets taking over the Tardis has been done before, and done better; and I'm not convinced by the younger McGann. But as a story about the Eighth Doctor I thought it worked well enough.
Marc Platt is a British writer. He is most known for his work with the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who.

After studying catering at a technical college, Platt worked first for Trust House Forte, and then in administration for the BBC. He wrote the Doctor Who serial Ghost Light based on two proposals, one of which later became the novel Lungbarrow. That novel was greatly anticipated
More about Marc Platt...

Eighth Doctor Adventures (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Doctor Who: Blood of the Daleks, Part 1