Start by marking “The Gilded Tarot” as Want to Read:
The Gilded Tarot

The Gilded Tarot

The Traditional Tarot for the 21st Century

Most Tarot decks with really spectacular designs are really just art collections. The Gilded Tarot transcends this limitation by having some of the most strikingly beautiful art on any Tarot deck, yet follows the Rider-Waite-Smith model. The result is a unique deck that any person with some Tarot experience will find instantly fami
Cards, 168 pages
Published September 8th 2004 by Llewellyn Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Gilded Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gilded Tarot

Start your review of The Gilded Tarot
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absoutely hands down the most beautiful tarot deck I have ever owned and the companion book is delightful.
Stephanie Taylor
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first deck! Simple but very much RWS. Guidebook is clear and concise!
John Marani
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I first saw this deck in 2007 at my favorite metaphysical store. I knew right away it was special when the owners told me the deck was so popular she couldn’t keep it in stock for long. I haven’t heard that about any Tarot deck before, so of course I had to buy it and see for myself.

The deck is a standard 78-card deck with Rider-Waite-based images. But the first thing I noticed was the colors; they are incredibly powerful and bright, much more so than many decks I have seen. They seem to radiate
Amanda-Lee (StoryWings)
Feb 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
Ok, I know what you’re thinking. “What is a tarot book doing here? OMG!!!” But it’s ok, I promise, I’m not mad, and I’m not even suggesting you read it, this book is only for the leisure of those who read cards, me being one of them.

I put this book up because when I started reading cards three years ago, I desperately wish I’d had this book at my side. I only picked it up two weeks ago and the depth of which this book teaches you is incredible.

Things are explained clearly and all throughout you
Maggie
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
Well, this will make me go down in the estimation of all those folks out there who need to be very serious in their approach to things. I bought this deck (and accompanying book) because it is pretty, no, let me correct that, because it is beautiful. I have a significant collection of Tarot and this is the most beautiful of them all. Friends who also have more than 3 decks lust after this one. The cards and meaning of the cards they outline in their book is definately a gentler approach than in ...more
Alisa
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-age, grc, 2012
I definetly liked the fact that this companion had spaces to write about the cards in the book itself. Not only do they give you a description of the meaning of the cards themselves, they give you space to write your own interpritation.
Jack
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Tarot - as a divination medium - has never really 'spoken' to me personally. I've had others read my tarot and they have been uncannily accurate. This just isn't the medium for me. Nor was the book all that helpful.

Not saying it's a bad book. I'm just not into it.
Briana
My first tarot reading was done with this beautiful deck and I've been in love with it ever since. Thankfully, hubs got me the deck as a surprise gift. :3 The theme has an Arthurian/Avalonian feel to it. So so beautiful!!! <3 <3 ...more
Tammy Setzer Denton
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful cards. Good quality with a good feel to them.
Gina
Jan 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
These cards are beautiful!!!
Lori
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful deck of cards and companion book. Gorgeous illustrations that will enhance one's readings. I highly recommend this deck to anyone interested in Tarot. You will not be disappointed.
Andrea Howarth-Salazar
I found this book a little less helpful than others I have read.
Kyle
Denise Cook
Dec 18, 2012

• Shadowscapes Tarot
  • Revelations Tarot
  • Dark Descent (The Arondight Codex #1)
  • Soul Marked (After the Fire, #1)
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: The Apocalypse Suite
  • The Druid Craft Tarot
  • Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
  • Tarot Plain and Simple
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 3: Hotel Oblivion
  • Psychology of criminal behaviour: A Canadian perspective (2nd edition)
  • The Little Book of Crystals: Crystals to attract love, wellbeing and spiritual harmony into your life
  • The Care and Keeping of You 1: The Body Book for Younger Girls
  • Misbegotten (L.A. Nocturne #1)
  • BOSH!: Healthy Vegan
  • Celtic Myths (The World's Greatest Myths and Legends)
  • To the Lighthouse
  • Shadowscapes Companion
The tarot has been a part of my personal and professional life for nearly twenty years. I first discovered the Tarot in college. Right from the start, the tarot intrigued me with its marvelous blending of mythology, psychology, art, history mystery, and magic.

My education in the tarot has been and continues to be broad and enlightening. I am grateful to have been blessed with the opportunity to s