Start by marking “How to Meet a Guy at the Supermarket” as Want to Read:
How to Meet a Guy at the Supermarket

Read Excerpt

How to Meet a Guy at the Supermarket

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Join Quinn on a hilarious journey of self-discovery and dating. Will she find a beefcake or a rotten apple? Will Quinn find love or sour grapes at the supermarket? Quinn is a successful journalist who has been so busy trotting the globe looking for stories that she sort of forgot to invest in her private life. Eventually, she takes on an assignment with a nationally-syndic ...more
Published November 4th 2010 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about How to Meet a Guy at the Supermarket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Meet a Guy at the Supermarket

Tim Roux
Dec 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Well you can shop for anything nowadays and I reckon we are becoming more and more consumerist in everything we do. Statisticians have shown that we choose politicians like soap powder, so why not lovers too - great packaging, not too battered about, hours of fun and pleasure, dispose after use?

Well, the heroine of 'How To Meet A Guy At The Supermarket' thinks so. She's ready for a mate; time to go out and snag one. And, as a journalist, she can devise a syndicated column while she is at it.

What
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
quinn is feeling lonely and over the hill, so she devises a plan wherein she will meet and date men from the supermarker. she's a journalist, so she manages to sell her editor on the idea. quinn is a klutz, and has quite a few pratfalls along her way to happy ever after. she meets several people in the grocery store who become her friends through her months of trying to date. during this time, quinn does meet someone, and while she is attracted to him, something feels off about him, so
Cyndi Tefft
Jan 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
How To Meet a Guy At The Supermarket is a fun, flirty tale about Quinn's epiphany on meeting single men, and the crazy lengths she goes to in order to try and meet a great guy that way.

DeGarmo's great sense of humor permeates the book as she takes us through one bad dating experience to another, each guy flawed in his own special brand of nut.

This is a quick, easy read that will leave you smiling and wanting more. I'd have given it 5 stars instead of 4 but for that reason. I think it could have
Tracy
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was a tad unsure what to expect before I read 'How to Meet....' - it sounded like a self help book tbh.... How wrong I was!!!

Found the book to be laugh out loud funny. Really enjoyed the story - though for a clever lady, Quinn drove me near to frustration at times....

Characters were good - likeable, worked well together and believable.

Would thoroughly recommend that you give it a read!!!
K.J. Kron
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I got married when I was 38. Before finding my wife, there was a lot of pressure to get married from friends, family members, and colleagues. Inevitably they’d say something like, “You might be able to find a girl at the supermarket or laundromat. You just have to keep your eyes open.”
I did. And going to the supermarket for 15 years as a single guy, I might have had a conversation once or twice with an eligible woman. So the book How to Meet a Guy in the Supermarket grabbed my attention. Was the
BecksBookPicks
Jan 19, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a cute read. Quinn is tired of being single and is ready to meet Mrs. Right and the supermarket seems like the perfect place. She has tons of stunts that she decides to use to meet the right guy. The only person she remotely attracts is the guy is the meat department, whom she calls "Shrimp boy." He is a bother to her to begin with and after a few months, she finally starts to have a friendship with him. Quinn does dive into several relationships in this book as she struggles to find M ...more
Jo Notary
Jan 24, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
211pgs, contemporary humor, Join Quinn on a hilarious journey of self-discovery and dating. Will she find a beefcake or a rotten apple? Will Quinn find love or sour grapes at the supermarket?
Jay-me (Janet)

2 & a half stars.

Just found the heroine a little annoying at times.
Katherine Holmes
Jul 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked the way the slapstick at first settled with the dilemmas Quinn encounters. Realistic dialogue and good detail all the way through. Tje book takes you back or forward.
Bernie
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How to Meet a Guy at the Supermarket review

How to Meet a Guy at the Supermarket is a sweet and funny romantic comedy written by author Jessica L. Degarmo.
Kate
Jan 03, 2013
Lisa Konet
Sep 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Jessica Degarmo grew up in Upstate New York and now lives with her husband, children and dogs in rural Pennsylvania. When she is not writing, she is an insurance agent, the lead singer in a classic rock band, a country music DJ and an avid collector of gemstones.

Her publishing credits include:

How to Meet a Guy at the Supermarket (November 2010)

Hooking Up (May 2011)