Start by marking “The Silent Bride (April Woo Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Silent Bride (April Woo Mystery, #7)

The Silent Bride (April Woo #7)

NYPD Detective April Woo-the heroine of Leslie Glass's Tracking Time, Stealing Time, and Judging Time-is back to solve the case of a serial killer who targets young New York City brides.

Leslie Glass is "one terrific writer." (Tami Hoag)
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Silent Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silent Bride

Peggy Blair
Jun 24, 2015 Peggy Blair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author! I am devouring her entire series (I had to buy copies on Abebooks.com because most of it's out of print. LOVE her.
Ana T.
had never heard of Leslie Glass before when R. gave me this book as a gift. I was a bit worried when I started it and realized it was part of series (it’s nº 7) but the fact is that it can be read as a standalone.

The main character of the series is April Woo, an American of Chinese descent who is a police detective in NYC. That was one of the things I liked the most about this story, the fact April was Chinese and that her partner and lover is of Mexican descent. There so many different people
Gwenn
Jun 10, 2011 Gwenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a great deal. I had a difficult time deciding who was the "bad guy". Thought it was 1 person and then it turned out to be another but the first suspect turned out to be "someone of interest". it was a very fast read since you didn't want to put it down. But I would have liked to have seen Isles involved more. She wasn't featured much at all. I will have to read other books in this series to see if they are as good.
Vicki
Sep 07, 2013 Vicki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I read in what is apparently a series, but I'm not sure if it made a huge difference since I didn't feel like I was missing much in the way of background. I got lost at times trying to figure out which character was narrating the story, so I had to flip back and forth. Although the book was okay, I wouldn't go out of my way to look for other stories about this character or by this writer.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
I missed a few of the books that go before this book but I couldn’t wait. This was a really good story with a killer who targeted brides on their wedding days. All this is going on while April Woo’s childhood friend is planning her own wedding and could be the next victim. April and her lover/partner Mick Sanchez are working against the clock to catch the killer and get to the church on time. I hope this writer does not plan on stopping this series any time soon. I can’t get enough of April.
Marti
Aug 20, 2015 Marti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting story--three brides get shot before their weddings. Our heroine, April Woo has a sister cousin who is getting married soon, so she is very involved. Her boy friend is Hispanic, which doesn't sit well with her mother. This seems uneven--some parts are exciting, and then the pace slows down a lot.
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
Mildly interesting read, that I picked up for 99 cents. The most interesting parts are when the character Woo is talking about her Chinese heritage, and especially her domineering mother, known as Skinny Dragon. There is a whole series about April Woo, a NYPD detective, but I wasn't impressed enough with the story or the writing to pursue any more.
Hildegart
The thing that stands out most to me in this series is that the main character is Chinese American. It's nice to read books where the characters are not all caucasian. Around the time I got to this book by Glass, I was getting burned out on her writing. I haven't been in the mood to go back and find more books by her. I'm sure I will one of these days.

Carolyn
Feb 07, 2015 Carolyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The mystery is not nearly as complex as the layers upon layers of stereotypes. Asian stereotypes, Jewish stereotypes, Latino stereotypes, gay stereotypes, mother-of-the-bride stereotypes, cop stereotypes. The Welsh guy may be a stereotype too, I just don't know enough about Welsh stereotypes... All of which was distractingly annoying and made it hard for me to get through the book.
Hildy Peterson
Aug 11, 2012 Hildy Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, listmania
Grade: B+

I am really liking these April Woo mysteries. Although they are not really mystery mysteries because you can't really determine who the killer as you are reading because there are no clues...you get there when you get there! But I like it anyway. And I appreciate that there are no gratuitous sex scenes and the the language is manageable as well!
Jason
May 11, 2016 Jason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only was this a great little thriller-it was a wealth of great cultural information. The author managed to explain various cultures throughout the book without making it preachy or taking you away from the action-it perfectly blended into the story line.
Alice Harbin
Jan 09, 2014 Alice Harbin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery. The murderer is not who you might suspect, as the plot twists and turns. The two detectives working on the case end up getting married.
Ssbrandes
fun read, brides being murdered on their wedding day...interesting to see the motivation and the killer unfold through the pages.
Rose
This was first book I have read by Leslie Glass. It will not be my last.
Denise
Nov 15, 2012 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Denise by: Deidre
Shelves: mystery
I liked this one. Fast and interesting!
Sue Martin
Mar 23, 2008 Sue Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great murder mystery with lots of twists. Hard to put down.
Toesnorth's mom
better than Tracking Time but not great
Tanya Schaub
Tanya Schaub rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Vanessa Gomez
Vanessa Gomez rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2017
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2015
Sherri
Sherri rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Mykhe
Mykhe rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Maurynne  Maxwell
Maurynne Maxwell rated it really liked it
May 18, 2009
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2007
Adele Dawn
Adele Dawn rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2010
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2009
T
T rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Reflecting the Sky (Lydia Chin & Bill Smith, #7)
  • Let There Be Blood (A Lord Ambrose Historical Mystery)
  • Bloody Waters (Lupe Solano, #1)
  • Honky Tonk Kat (Kat Colorado, #7)
  • Introducing Aunt Dimity, Paranormal Detective: The First Two Books in the Beloved Series
  • The Windsor Knot (Elizabeth MacPherson, #5)
  • The Magyar Venus (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #8)
  • Miss Zukas Shelves the Evidence (Miss Zukas, #8)
  • Rite of Spring
  • More Than Love Letters
LESLIE GLASS has worked in publishing and has written for a variety of media. She was a journalist at New York magazine and a short-story and feature writer for Cosmopolitan and Woman’s Own in Great Britain. A playwright and the author of the critically acclaimed mystery series featuring NYPD Detective Sergeant April Woo, Glass is also the author of Over His Dead Body. She lives in New York City a ...more
More about Leslie Glass...

April Woo (9 books)
  • Burning Time (April Woo, #1)
  • Hanging Time (April Woo, #2)
  • Loving Time (April Woo, #3)
  • Judging Time (April Woo, #4)
  • Stealing Time (April Woo, #5)
  • Tracking Time (April Woo, #6)
  • A Killing Gift (April Woo, #8)
  • A Clean Kill (April Woo, #9)