Start by marking “A Killing Rain (Louis Kincaid, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Killing Rain (Louis Kincaid, #6)

A Killing Rain (Louis Kincaid #6)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  542 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
A deep freeze is bearing down on the Florida Everglades, the kind of brutal storm the locals call a killing rain. For Detective Louis Kincaid, the coldest night of the year has brought a terrifying new chill- a grisly discovery that tightens his every nerve in warning........

The body proves this is no routine case. It's the start of a nightmare. & When the killer choos
Mass Market Paperback, 383 pages
Published February 1st 2005 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about A Killing Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killing Rain

Naomi Blackburn
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
PJ Parrish is just good readin'...There has not been one of the sisters books that I have not given a minimum of 4 stars to I believe. The Louis Kincaid character is one that a reader can easily buddy up to and looks forward to getting to know more and more!
Susan
Jan 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is another in the excellent series featuring detective Louis Kincaid. This time the ex-husband of Louis' current girlfriend snatches their son and Louis goes after him. Generally, I avoid books around stolen children. They are cheap as plot devices and way too predictable. But, Parrish avoids everything obvious and turns out an excellent story - once again. I am a little concerned, however, since their (P.J. is actually two sisters) website has been shut down. I hope they are busy writing i ...more
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
A KILLING RAIN was the first book I read by this duo author. It is the 6th installement in a series. Although I have not read any of the previous books, I was still able to get into the storyline very quickly! It was fast paced- action from beginning to end. I found Louis to be a very likeable character and I look forward to reading more of his story and his previous and next cases to come. Excellent read!!
Jenn
May 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I know I'm reading these out of order, but they aren't easy to get my hands on. I was glad I read this one though. It explains where Joe comes from in the other one I read. And it explains more about Louis's aloofness, his loneliness. An excellent series.
Marianne
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good character Louis Kincaid. Well drawn. Complicated and real.
Linda
Jan 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting better and better. On to the next one.
Rusty
Feb 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: detective
The characters are all pretty stereotypical, and don't show much growth. And the plot isn't brilliant. But the pacing is very impressive. Tense, taut, tightly written.
Kay
Apr 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Even though this one is classified as a mystery I think of it as a suspense or thriller. It was the usual great book written by Parrish.
Jill
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This was the sixth book in the Louis Kincaid series and just didn't grab me like the others have. The mystery seemed a little drawn out, but finally picked up towards the end. Louis is still in Florida and appears to be getting involved with the attorney, Susan Outlaw until her ex-husband comes back into the picture and the mystery starts with him and her son. Louis ends up meeting a detective from Miami, Joelle Frye, that his dectective friend Mel Landetta refers him too for assistance on this ...more
Juno
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think this series gets better with each book. I'm a fan.
  • Shadow of Death (Brady Coyne, #21)
  • Marked Man (Victor Carl, #6)
  • The Vanished (Nameless Detective, #2)
  • Double Vision
  • Bitter Finish (Michael Spraggue Mystery #2)
  • Heart of Ice (Emily Kenyon, #2)
  • A Minister's Ghost (Fever Devilin, #3)
  • Third Strike (Brady Coyne/J.W. Jackson #3)
  • The Body Lovers
  • Bitter Legacy (Matt Royal Mystery, #5)
  • Pulse
  • Primal Threat
  • A Dark Devotion
  • Too Many Cooks (Angie Amalfi, #2)
  • Kat's Cradle (Kat Colorado, #3)
P.J. Parrish is the New York Times bestselling author of ten Louis Kincaid and Joe Frye thrillers. The author is actually two sisters, Kristy Montee and Kelly Nichols. Their books have appeared on both the New York Times and USA Today best seller lists. The series has garnered 11 major crime-fiction awards, and an Edgar® nomination. Parrish has won two Shamus awards, one Anthony and one Internatio ...more
More about P.J. Parrish...

Louis Kincaid (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Dark Of The Moon (Louis Kincaid, #1)
  • Dead Of Winter (Louis Kincaid, #2)
  • Paint It Black (Louis Kincaid, #3)
  • Thicker Than Water (Louis Kincaid, #4)
  • Island Of Bones (Louis Kincaid, #5)
  • An Unquiet Grave (Louis Kincaid, #7)
  • A Thousand Bones (Louis Kincaid, #8)
  • South of Hell (Louis Kincaid, #9)
  • The Little Death (Louis Kincaid, #10)
  • Heart of Ice (Louis Kincaid, #11)