Start by marking “Wicked Lies (Wicked, #2; Colony, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Lies (Wicked, #2; Colony, #4)

Wicked Lies

(Wicked #2)

If At First You Don't Succeed

For two years, Justice Turnbull has paced his room at Halo Valley Security Hospital, planning to escape. Justice has a mission-one that began with a vicious murder two decades ago. And there are so many others who must be sent back to the hell that spawned them. . .

Kill. . .

Laura Adderley didn't plan to get pregnant by her soon-to-be ex-husband
Published June 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Lies

Amandaj
Jun 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a book I received from goodreads giveaways. 529 pages is overkill for this book. I found the content repetitive and a bit too slow for my liking. The book appears to have a lot going on, but the characters interesting traits wear thin and things become dull.
So, there is a killer that escaped with the intent on killing all his relations. There is a woman who is pregnant who can communicate telepathically with the killer. And there is a washed up reporter trying to prove his worth. And of
Dana Burgess
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Being Lisa Jackson, there is a little deception, a little romance, some psychic powers, and a lot of action, filling the pages. I have to admit that I've never read Nancy Bush but the combination of these authors has led to a fast, fun read.

The first thing I loved about this book, and the thing I loved the most, is that these two talented authors named their psychotic maniac 'Justice'. While it's true he was out to execute his own sense of justice on the sssssisssterssss, it would be a justice t
Wanda
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was an absolute page turner. These two sisters wrote these characters so well. The way they wrote this villain was so good that I loved him only because he made the book so interesting. But I hated him because he was so sinister. OMG he was so EVIL!! He's the kind of guy that you definitely want to read about but never want to meet in person EVER. Her other character Laura, was such a sweetheart that you instantly fall in love with her. And then (exhaling) you have Harrison, who doesn ...more
Tonya
Overall I like the book even though I believe the editor didn’t do their job, many inconsistencies in the book were glaringly obvious and, to me, slightly annoying. Things like the ex-husband owning a Porsche but later in the book it’s a Corvette, the characters visiting the same scene within 6 hours doing the same thing they just did, these are things that would naturally occur with two authors writing but the editor should have caught these things and fixed them.

The primary characters were wh
Vivian
Jun 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently chose to read from my ever-growing TBR pile and began Wicked Lies by Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush. I'm so glad I began with this book. It is filled with suspense, romance and drama. Imagine being raised in all-female (namely sisters and an aunt) and rustic environment and leaving for the big city at age 18. Well, that was the life of Laura "Lorelei" Adderley and now she is dealing with her cheating ex-husband and a deranged killer out to finish what he started years earlier . . . killi ...more
Spencer
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspence
This book was definately an awesome read it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Loreli was raised at Siren Song along with all of her illegitimate sisters,by her Aunt Catherine and her floozy quack of a mother Mary who later vanished thought to be dead. As a child Loreli remembers a strange and frightening little boy named Justice Turnbull who would come visit with his mother Mad Maddie Turnbull. All of the women of the family was rumored to have a psychic gift and Maddie used hers to ...more
Joan
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lisa Jackson along with Nancy Bush have written a thriller than will
make you check your doors and windows to make sure they are
locked. If you read this book you will find a serial killer has escaped
a mental hospital, his intended victim has telepathy and knows he
is coming, and amid all this drama there was room for romance.
A good read!
Beth Lechman
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jackson has a knack for keeping you guessing about the outcome until the end.
Amy
CD /unabridged/Thriller: There are soooo many things wrong with is book. This review will have spoilers in it and I don't care because I am not recommending it.
Nutty cousin escapes the mental hospital and is going after his cloistered cousins from a "cult". He and his one cousin, Lorelei, can communicate. When you hear "Sisssteer", take a shot! And you hear it a lot and my eyes rolled every time.
Lorelei is a doormat. Harrison is a cad. But hey, Lorelei is in love with him. Why? Maybe because whe
Scooper Speaks
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Lines: “Even in my cell, I can smell her sickness. Her filth. Her lust.” (p. 1)

Wicked Lies is the result of the collaboration between Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush and is book two in a series about the women of the Colony. The colony is a haven for a group of gifted sisters led by their aunt. The outside community thinks it is a cult, but it’s a safe place for the psychic women to retreat from society.

Wicked Lies is a romantic suspense with a slight paranormal tone, that stands alone desp
Audel
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il s'agit du tome 2 de la série Wicked.

L'histoire se situe deux ans après l’incarcération dans un asile psychiatrique de Justice Tunrbull. Malheureusement, celui-ci parvint à s'en échapper et va alors reprendre ce qu'il avait commencé deux ans auparavant. cette fois-ci, sa proie est une infirmière Laura qui a déjà du mal à ne pas se noyer dans les méandres de sa vie à ce moment-là.

Dans ce tome on en découvre plus sur Justice et donc sur les raisons de ses actes. De même, au travers de Laura on s
Serenity
I can smell her! Another one whose scent betrays her! Even inside my cell, I can smell her sickness. Her filth. Her lust. There have been others, too, while I've languished here. Others who need to be avenged. Others who, with their devil's issue, must be driven back to the deadly fires from which they were spawned! Oh, sick women with your uncontrollable needs. I am coming for you... This is the paragraph that drew me in from word one. Therefore, Lisa Jackson & Nancy Bush will always be my ...more
Pamela
Feb 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I was skeptical of this because sometimes the books by one author more famous than the other seem to be a way to push the lesser known writer's work. But, Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush are sisters, so I gave it a shot. The book certainly wasn't totally believable, but it was fast paced with romance, mystery, telepathy, evil serial murderers, crazy psychitrists, lighthouses, dramatic rescues, whatever. It wasn't so graphic that it kept me up at night, and it had a few loose ends, but overa ...more
Suzanne Mueller
May 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book was VERY slow reading. It just did not grab my attention and suck me in to the story. I also got irrated by the Colony because the story just never got to the point of their history and secrets. I usually LOVE Lisa Jackson books but this is a waste of time. I probably would not have even finished the book..... but I am kind of anal about starting a book and not finishing it. I just keep thinking it is bound to get better...... but this one never did. :-(
Harriet
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It had a lot of suspense, some romance, and some very unexpected things happen. Really great, I did not like the book that came after this one, Born to Die. But Wicked Lies is well worth reading!
Marianne Stehr
I am not a ghost story person. I read the first in this series and thought it was ok, this one was better. It had twists and turns and the "ghost" story or mystical component was lesser than the first. IT is a good read, probably even a great read if you love the mystical story!
Heather
Jun 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
This book was a good thriller. It was a good overall story and each chapter left you anxious for the next. I felt like of the "secrets/surprises" weren't as exciting as the authors revved them up to be.
Julie
May 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didnt realize this biook was the second in a series and I thought there was a lot of unanswered questions that may have been answered in book one.
It was supposed to be a "supernatural thriller" and I found it to be less than thrilling and only MILDY supernatural.
Patsy
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it

Kill. . .

Laura Adderley didn't plan to get pregnant by her soon-to-be ex-husband, though she'll do anything to protect her baby. But now reporter Harrison Frost is asking questions about the mysterious group of women who live at Siren
Ericka
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the storyline. I lt was an easy read, I couldn't put it down (I finished it in two days, staying up late at night to finish it!). My only issue was the romance aspect. I wish we had a bit more time on that front to develop the budding romance between them. I also like to note that when I read this I wasn't aware it was part of a series. That being said I was still able to enjoy it and understand what was happening. I'm excited to go back and read the first one.
Chuck
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Published in 2011, Wicked Lies is written by two sisters who both have many novels to their credit. I don't think this is the best of either, but it is a good action story with some suspense and interesting characters. If you are not too critical or demanding this story will keep you well entertained for 530 pages.
Casandra Rodriguez
Great Sequel!

The book picked up with the ladies of Soren Song but in a more parallel-type sequel rather than the traditional sequel. The characters were built nicely and the existing characters stayed consistent as we were given peaks into where their lives have led them now. Good read for sure.
Sherry Arrasmith
Excellent novel.Riveting until the last page. Sherry Arrasmith

Excellent. Riveting to the end. I enjoyed it tremendously and am reading her other novels as well as Bush. Sherry Arrasmith.
Lisa
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy-bush
Another great book in a great series. Like the first in this series, this story too had several areas where the author seemed to repeat things over and over again. But I did enjoy reading it and it was a very suspenseful read.
Cyndi
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was dragged out and too many details that made it unnecessarily long. The story line was good, but just disappointing in how this was written. I've read Lisa Jackson before and I like her writing, but I do not recommend this one written with her sister, Nancy Bush.
Jennifer Baratta
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Nancy Bush and Lisa Jackson do tell another interesting story
Kristi
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I love Lisa Jackson reads but this one seemed to drag on and on... I couldn’t wait for it to get over with.....
Jennifer Jager
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't read this book fast enough. What a great thriller.
Padraig O'Sullivan
Great Read

I cannot wait to read the next novel in the series. Would like to find out more about the women from Siren Song.
Jo Sandgren
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Prolly a 3.5....Suspenseful
  • Blind Spot
  • Enchantress (Medieval Trilogy, #1)
  • Undercover Lover (Covert Attractions, #2)
  • Love on the Range
  • In the Dark / Person of Interest
  • Before She Dies
  • Innocent as Sin (St. Kilda Consulting, #3)
  • Dead by Morning (Griffin Powell, #12)
  • Forever Mine
  • Scared To Death (Live to Tell #2)
  • Rasputin's Revenge
  • Eyes Of Fire

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

Wicked (4 books)
  • Wicked Game (Wicked, #1; Colony, #1)
  • Something Wicked (Wicked #3; Colony, #5)
  • Wicked Ways (Wicked #4; Colony, #6)