Start by marking “One Hand, Two Hands” as Want to Read:
One Hand, Two Hands

One Hand, Two Hands

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A delightful way to show little ones how their hands are a blessing from God that they can use to do help others. Written in rhyming text and illustrated with the charming art of Gaby Hansen, this simple message of God's blessing of hands not only entertains . . . as it teaches what wonderful things our hands can do from scratching, latching, and petting a pup to washing d ...more
Published September 14th 2010 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published August 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about One Hand, Two Hands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Hand, Two Hands

Carrie
Oct 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The wonderful illustrations are what first captured my attention in ONE HAND, TWO HANDS. Gaby Hansen has created sweet, colorful, warm, joyful illustrations that both children and their parents alike will enjoy looking at time and time again. The pictures truly invite the reader/listener to explore the book.

Of course, Max Lucado does a wonderful job with the words, too! Since the book is intended for toddlers and preschoolers, the language is very simple, and the use of rhyme engages their minds
Sela
Oct 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-own, review
One Hand Two Hands This is the latest children's story from author Max Lucado, who has written many many books for adults and children.

The story starts by telling some things that our hands normally do, like "clap `em, snap `em, wave `em in the air". It then tells some things that we can choose to do because we have hands, like "Wash dishes with mommy. Put toys in the box." It ends with a sweet and short prayer thanking God for our hands and asking Him to use them again. It also includes a list
logankstewart
Max Lucado's One Hand, Two Hands is a kids book that teaches children important life lessons--like helping others or showing compassion-- through example of what we do with our hands. The book is a nice hardcover, sure to withstand grasping hands and toddler tosses. It's beautifully illustrated (by Gaby Hansen) with splashing watercolors and captivating images.

The book is a simple rhyming style early-learning read, easy enough for young readers to read along or for smaller ones to easily underst
Donna
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"One Hand, Two Hands" is a delightful children's book filled with easy to learn rhymes and wonderful illustrations. The principles of using our hands to be helpful and thankful are not preachy, but rather catchy rhymes that children will love to hear and then use. There is an emphasis on using hands with kindness (petting a dog), creativity (making a card), and love (giving a hug). Toddlers will love having it read to them, beginning readers can easily use it to practice, and older children won' ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 06, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
Caleb loves Max Lucado's children's books (the Pancanello series) so when One Hand, Two Hands showed up on BookSneeze (where I get free books for reviewing them on my blog from Thomas Nelson) I was super excited. But this book is just okay.
The pictures are super cute, though I was confused why a big bear showed up, in second reading I realized that her stuffed animals came to live.
The thought behind the story is wonderful: there are many ways to use our hands that are practical, fun, loving and
Marina
Sep 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Hand, Two Hands tells the young reader (or listener) all the things one can do with one's hands. From tying one's shoe laces to picking up things and praying, one's hands should be used for all the right purposes.

The book finally ends by enlightening the child on how his/her hands can be helping hands, kind hands and loving hands.

The 10" x 10" book is colorfully illustrated by Gaby Hansen with sweet featured characters, making it an attractive book for even very young children to look at.
Bun
Alysha DeShaé
This was a fairly cute little book, but I had to make some adjustments near the end because I'm not going to be an accomplice in brainwashing my niece with religion. Therefore, the last page with "God, thanks for my hands" became:
One hand, two hands, five fingers, ten...
Thanks to evolution, I can use my hands again.

It doesn't make the best sense with the "use my hands again" part, but the book is all about using your hands, so it wasn't too terrible. :-p I wish I had realized it was a religious-
Krista
Sep 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very cute book for children. My 5 year old daughter really liked and thought it was a good book.

One Hand, Two Hands illustrates that their hands are a gift from God. Lucado shows that hands cando all sorts of things but they are best used to serve God by helping others.

There are silly whimsical pictures, but the book ends with a prayer of thanks. A very sweet book, it would make a nice baby gift.
Kathy
Dec 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
One Hand, Two Hands by Max Lucado is about all the wonderful things our hands can do. With cute illustrations and rhyming text this is a great read aloud book for small children ages 2+. From making messes to helping others, digging in the dirt to petting a puppy our hands can do many things
Christina
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute!
Whitney
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-toddler
Cute story about what hands can do.
Taffy
Sep 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads
Cute children picture book! We read it together as a family and talked about service and how we can serve each other, friends and neighbors.
Alyssa Fabik
Apr 24, 2017
Debbie
rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2014
With more than 125 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing September 2017 and is titled Anxious for Nothing.

More about Max Lucado...