Start by marking “Killing Red” as Want to Read:
Killing Red

Killing Red (Alex Chapa #1)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  127 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
He's Been Waiting. . . On death row, serial killer Kenneth Lee Grubb has six days to live. His last request? An interview with reporter Alex Chapa. What begins as a dream story soon turns into a nightmare for Alex. For amidst Grubb's taunts and boasts lies the horrific claim that someone is carefully repeating his past crimes. . .

For The Moment. . .

When nine people suddenl
Published June 1st 2009 by Pinnacle Books

To ask other readers questions about Killing Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Red

Tim Smith
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can read my review at http://world-of-sleuths.blogspot.com/....
Levent Mollamustafaoglu
Serial Killers have always been the interesting theme in crime fiction. "Killing Red" by Henry Perez is using this popular theme. Kenny Lee Grubb is awaiting his execution in Death Row for killing several young children, bur he has had one survivor, Annie Sykes and he has been fixated on her for the last fifteen years.

Alex Chapa is the reporter who has first covered the saga of Annie Skyes at that time and he is still feeling a little bit guilty about the way he portrayed her in his first big-hi
Helene
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had the makings of a brilliant book, but didn't really live up to it.
The beginning is great. Alex Chapa is asked to conduct an interview with child killer Kenny Grubbs days before his execution. After the interview Alex begins to wonder ( as do the rest of us) what the role of Annie was? Why is Grubbs so insistent she has to die?
Answer you never find out.
During the course of the book and Alex's search for Annie, the characters become very dull and stereotypical.
The last few pages did bring
Peggy Twigg
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense mystery/thriller. This book was intense! It's a great mystery/thriller. It has really good characters and an interesting plot. It keeps your attention throughout the book with what's going to happen next and a surprise ending. I wasn't expecting that ending. I would recommend this book for sure.
Kimber Burnett
I found this to be an interesting read. The characters were believable and I felt as if I knew the main characters. I was also surprised at the identity of the antagonist...didn't see that one coming! I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense and to anyone who enjoys a really good story.
Kathryn Bain
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good first book by this author. It was a bit slow to start, but that was more, I think, him building up to a good ending. Some repetitive stuff, but overall good writing. Curious to see what he comes up with next.

Loved the FBI character. Great relationship between the lead character and the fed.

Some curse words, but over all not too bad.
Christy Gibbon
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good writing. Keeps you guessing right until the end. I really was beginning to wonder if "Red" was involved with the murders. I could see that being a possibility after what had happened to her as a child.
Cheri
Sep 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readandstillown
What a great first novel! I enjoyed the story and the characters. Sure there were a few times when you really had to suspend belief (would someone REALLY do that?), but I enjoyed it, and look forward to more by this author.
William
I found it slow. I was interested in reading about serial killers, not down on their luck reporters. I found none of the characters engaging or interesting. It took me forever to finish this as I couldn't get into it.
Katie
May 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, mystery
Not bad. I've been in a reading slump all week and honestly if this story hadn't been as good as it was I'd of never finished. Liked the story, loved the main character and the FBI agent. I'll be reading more of this author.
sallie
Jul 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Just released. Received advanced copy from book giveaway. Debut for author. Defininately will look forward to reading more from this author.
Diane
Apr 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe3.5 I was ready for a mystery/thriller. This book was good but slow in places. But til the end I thought that Red still had a play in murders...not.
Rebekkila
I couldn't get into this book.
Wendy
Donnie Light
Aug 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killing Red is a very good book. Tight writing, but not too tight. You really get to know the main characters. Great plot - great writing. I really enjoyed Killing Red.
Terry
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was kind of ho-hum for the first
bit. But boy did it get good. I read it
awfully quick. Will be looking to Perez'
next offering!
May 16, 2010
Sue
Sep 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Henry Pérez has worked as a newspaper reporter for more than a decade. Born in Cuba, he immigrated to the U.S. at a young age, and lives in the Chicago area with his wife and children.
More about Henry Pérez