Start by marking “Temptation (The Soul Collection, #1)” as Want to Read:
Temptation (The Soul Collection, #1)

Read eBook

Temptation

(The Soul Collection Series #1)

Times are tough for the demon, Temptation. Once he enjoyed his work entici ng humans to sin so their souls could be marked for collection. Now no one needs inducement from him. Lying, stealing, and cheating, has become the mortal's way.

This tiny gold-mining town in northern California and the bar he has just entered appear as corrupt as all the other places he has visite

Published December 30th 2011 by Createspace (first published December 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation

Start your review of Temptation (The Soul Collection, #1)
Rick F.
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
As the book discription goes "Times are tough for the demon, Temptation", TEMPTATION,#1 the first in a new series by acclaimed author Tina deCoux is nothing short of stunning. One's typical view of demons are utterly turned upside down as we meet "Temptation" - a demon with a new found conscience!!! Ms. deCoux' plot and characters are so original and appealing that,once finished, the reader yearns for TEMPTATION #2- a must read.
RICK FRIEDMAN
FOUNDER/MODERATOR
THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB
Marsha
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
After reading the plot description for "Temptation," I was anxious to read the book. Unfortunately, the read was extremely disappointing because the storyline was predictable, boring, and without "soul." Temptation made me realize that with so many authors self publishing it will be more challenging to discern which books are worth purchasing/reading. We can no longer just rely on book retailers story descriptions. That is why Goodreads is so important.

Temptation is a demon whose job is to tem
Ruth Albarran
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book was the first one i have ever won as part of the goodreads giveaways, it was a roller coaster ride. It was a breath of fresh air to read something else aside from Vamps a weres. It was thrilling and the suspense did not allow me to put the book down. overall it was a very good and entertaining book.
Tobyann Aparisi
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
I just love the cover of this book! It really looks scary! Pretty cool
C.V. Hunt
Apr 17, 2011 rated it liked it
This story is based around a demon, Temptation, and his job is to do exactly what his name states. He roams earth, trying to tempt humans into sin. If a human gives in to the sin, their soul is marked for the Collector, another demon. But Temptation has grown jaded about his job, and forces sin on humans instead of letting them choose. An angel of war visits him, and informs him that he has to right his wrongs or the ultimate war will wage, bring an end to everything, including Temptation. Why w ...more
A'lina
Feb 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Temptation 3.5 stars

The demon Temptation has unknowingly broken the rules and must set things right or risk a war. The Devil wants the war to break out and the Collector is to see to it but when Temptation refuses to let this happen the Collector punishes him by turning him human. No longer the demon Temptation but Sam the human he now has to deal with the chaos of human emotions. Then he meets the kind hearted Sunset who takes him in.

This was a quick, entertaining read. It takes place in a sma
Amy
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was ok

**More like 2.5 stars**

When I first read description detailing this book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it... and then I did and things quickly went downhill from there. Unfortunately, while the storyline had so much potential, the execution fell hopelessly flat for me.

The sentence structure was poor and choppy, making for a difficult read. The story was rushed in areas... areas I felt were critical spots in the plot that needed a slower pace or greater, lengthier descriptions if you will
Deb
Jan 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Yay! I won a copy through the Goodreads First Reads program! I can't wait! :D

More like 3 and a half stars...
Interesting story for sure but I have to admit I was expecting a bit more of a "horror" element to the book. But instead, you feel sympathy for Temptation when he's in his human form (Sam). I can understand his frustration with humans and not really having much to do in the way of tempting them to sin; that just seems to be the way of the world now. Sunny was overly trusting, but in this c
 Bella Marie
Dec 20, 2010 rated it did not like it
These are the things you need to know about this book: First the only interesting in this book is the storyline. Temptation becames human, falls for a mortal girl and sves the girl and the world.Second is o poorly written that after the first chapter you will want to hit your head on the wall. I only read it becuse I had nothing to read while trying to tan. Avoid it for the love of God.....

PS. It is not a series based on temptation....
Baxter
Feb 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love thrillers and this book didn't disappoint ......I was hooked from the very beginning! Once I reached the halfway point, I couldn't put it down. The struggle between good and evil mixed with the paranormal makes for a must-read.
Leslie Whitaker
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this one! I really liked Tina's other books, but I think this one is really the genre of stories I really go for. I think this was a great story! I am looking forward to her next installment!
Tamara
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this first read on GR. I like the writing style but the plot is a bit predictable. However I did enjoy reading it and it kept me entertained.
Zachary Harless
Jan 05, 2011
Molly
rated it did not like it
May 10, 2015
I grew up in Portland Oregon, and now live in a small town in Northern California with my husband, Alan, and our Great Dane, Baxter. I am currently an AVP/Branch Manager for a local community bank, as well as a novelist and bass player for The Genuine Draft Band.

I want my readers to feel free to contact me, make comments, and to leave real reviews, good or bad. Thank you,
Tina deCoux