Start by marking “Freefall” as Want to Read:
Freefall

Freefall

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  3,202 Ratings  ·  205 Reviews
Deception, betrayal, and romance as Jade determines why she is in Hawaii with no memory of who she is or how she got there.
Published November 1st 2006 by Bethany House Publishers

Amanda G. Stevens
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Heitzmann read ever, I picked this book up because of the cover (and no shame in that: the cover did its job). I read the back blurb and thought, Hm, okay, maybe. I read the first two pages and bought the book.

In reality, Christians know life is gritty at times. Even those ready to "give an answer for the hope that is within" us sometimes struggle with those answers. Our fellows in fiction ought to struggle, too. Kristen Heitzmann understands this and writes this. Brilliantly.

Jade's m
Dani (Pen to Paper)
I wanted to approach this book with an open mind (having never read any Christian Fiction before), but I will admit that although I had my intentions, I was still sceptical. However, before I knew it I'd passed page 100 and found myself fully involved with the story. I found the characters mostly amiable, and I found them convincing enough to want things to work out at the end. Although too idealistic in some ways, I enjoyed Gentry and Cameron's relationship and found it to be convincing most of ...more
Loraine
SUMMARY: When a young woman stumbles out of the Hanalei Mountains on the island of Kauai with no memory of who she is or how she got there, Cameron Pierce reluctantly agrees to investigate the mysterious circumstances surrounding her arrival. As pieces begin to fall into place, he suspects her injuries were no accident, but he's far from convinced she's an innocent victim. And there's that nagging feeling he's seen her somewhere before....
Now known as Jade, the woman begins to recall fragments o
Tiffany
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*sigh. One of those books that ive re-read a few times because of how good it is. Freefall captures the story of a young women who wakes up and finds that she remembers nothing. Not even her name. Cameron, a young man that she mets soon after, thinks that there is more to her story and decides to investigate. Through vivid description and a breath taking plot we slowly learn the story of what happens to our girl and what exactly has brought her to the island of Kauai. Not only does this book hav ...more
Sarita
I have read a few Kristen Heitzmann books, and this one was my favourite.

There was a great balance between character build-up (of which there were quite a few - Gentry, Cameron, Nica, TJ, and other secondary characters), characters dealing with heavy issues and the suspense.

The mystery was continuous throughout the book with an action pack ending. There was a lot going on in the first 50% of the book which made for a slower start but I felt the last 50% flew by.
The interaction between the charac
Tara C
Apr 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though I feel like Heitzmann is repetitive in her description of things from book to book, I liked the uniqueness of her setting. Hawaii is a beautiful place that not a lot of people are able to visit. She really put you there, in the culture and in the traditions. I enjoyed the plot and story line. Instead of one climax, she structured it to contain several. I did feel some parts were predictable, but I really enjoyed the love story and the transformations you see in some of the characters. I d ...more
Kate
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the suspense of it: the manifold mystery. I had pegged someone as the culprit, but then decided they were harmless, only to find out later that perhaps they weren't so innocent after all . . .
I really liked the characters of "Jade" and Cameron, and how their relationship grew from mutual distrust to friendship. However, my favourite characters were Nica and Okelani.
Reading about Hawaii in this book made me long to go there: not to the commercialised Hawaii, b
Dana
I liked this book I loved the setting of it and want to go visit Kauai now. I loved that you got a peak at the natives and got to hear how they speak it made me want to learn Pidgeon brah. I really loved the storyline but for some reason I wish the book moved a little bit faster. I felt like it took me forever to get through. But yet I don't know how that could of happened! I loved how it all wrapped up nicely and felt content with the ending. A nice read.
Lynn Spencer
I know this book is beloved by many an inspy reader, so I don't know why I took so long to give it a whirl. While not perfect, I will say this is one of the very few amnesia stories that's really worked for me.

Set in Hawaii, a local healer finds a disoriented hiker who has stumbled out of the woods. The woman does not remember her name or how she came to be in a fairly isolated part of Kauai, so the healer, Monica Pierce, takes her home. For the timebeing, she and her foster mother call the woma
Barbara
"Another reviewer summed up my feelings about this book pretty well. The dialogue is good, particularly between Jade and Cameron (Kai), the protagonists of Heitzmann's novel. The book could have benefited from some judicious editing, but overall the story flows along nicely, like a stream exiting a mountain.

The one nagging problem I had was with Jade (aka, Gentry Fox, an actress). Why on earth would any Christian assume that he or she could immerse themselves in the world of acting, film and te
  • Flee the Night (Team Hope, #1)
  • Distant Echoes (Aloha Reef #1)
  • Before I Wake
  • Betrayed
  • Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice, #1)
  • Protection for Hire (Protection for Hire, #1)
  • Wolfsbane (Discarded Heroes #3)
  • The Trouble with Tulip (Smart Chick Mysteries #1)
  • Attracted to Fire
  • Line of Duty (Newpointe 911, #5)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
Kristen Heitzmann is the award winning author of contemporary romantic suspense, psychological suspense, and historical series. An artist and musician, she'll also be found hiking the Rocky Mountain trails.
More about Kristen Heitzmann...