Start by marking “Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye (The Baby-Sitters Club, #13)” as Want to Read:
Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye (The Baby-Sitters Club, #13)

Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye (The Baby-Sitters Club #13)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  2,787 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
The McGill family is moving back to New York City, and Stacey doesn't know whether to rejoice or cry! Who will fill her place in the club when she's gone?
Hardcover
Published May 1st 1996 by Turtleback Books (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye

Logan Hughes
Stacey’s father is transferred back to New York City, so obvs they have to move, because it's not like Stoneybrook is basically Westchester or anything.

This book concerns the lead-up to the move, as Stacey says good-bye to her friends and her sitting charges, packs, organizes a yard sale, and has a farewell party. Instead of a specific kid-oriented B-plot, we get a couple of unconnected kid vignettes, some of them setting up future storylines: Jeff Schafer confides in Mary Anne about his desire
Ciara
so not into this book. the plot: stacey gets a call from her mom right after a babysitters club meeting, requesting that she hurry home right away. she does, thinking that someone died or something. but in fact, mr. mcgill is being transferred back to new york. the whole family has to pack up & get ready to re-locate in a month.

stacey doesn't know how to feel. she's excited to go back to new york & hang out with laine again & be in the city, close to shopping, museums, & broadway
Shira
this is the first time I've read this book!

stacey finds out she has to move to new york. her friends want to throw her a going away party but don't have any good ideas and don't have money for it. they have a big yard sale to earn money and then invite their baby-sitting charges to the party (which they have paid for with the yard sale money). that's pretty much it. not really a very interesting book.

highlights:
-when she finds out stacey is moving, claudia is particularly upset and tells her tha
Reese
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacey is my favourite baby-sitter out of all the baby-sitters. It is really sad when she leaves because everybody in Stoneybrook loves her! Anyway Stacey is still excited because she is moving to New York where she used to live. So she still has all her old friends. But Stacey is still really sad that she has to leave Stoneybrook and the BSC.
Karina Halle
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating this five stars because STACEY FINALLY LEFT. Good riddance, you rotten-egg smelling poodle-haired NYC reject.
Swankivy
It was nice to have a book that was about a realistic life issue and not really a contrived "mystery" or plot about boys or miscommunication. I like that Stacey had decidedly mixed feelings about her situation: she loves her friends from Stoneybrook, being in the Baby-Sitters Club, and a lot of the kids she sits for, but she also has always been a New York City girl at heart and misses her best friend from NYC, Laine. So it was cool to see her conflicted feelings. I didn't really get how Stacey' ...more
Rachel Brand
I really loved this book. I barely remember it from my childhood but like nearly all of the earlier, non-ghostwritten BSC books I adore the focus on the girls' friendships and families. Although the later books move on to boys and mysteries and drama, this one was simply about Stacey moving back to New York and the girls coping with this. When I was fourteen my best friend moved to Birmingham, which is a 4 hour train journey away from Edinburgh, so I could relate to Stacey and Claudia's anguish ...more
Elaine Mullane
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used to love the Babysitter's Club! My friends and I used to swap them between us when I was in primary school. They were so popular at the time, there was a waiting list at the library if you wanted to read them in chronological order! I used to be allowed to buy one book a week on a Friday when I was younger; this was usually an Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, Point Horror or one of these! I would love to revisit them at some stage, just for nostalgia's sake!
April Thompson
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The feels! Even though I cried like a baby a couple of times, this book's good times outweighed the sad times. With Stacey moving back to NYC, it's time for the junior babysitters to come on board for more fun.
  • The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)
“She was wearing a wonderful Claudia outfit — a purple-and-white striped bodysuit under a gray jumper-thing. The legs of the bodysuit stretched all the way to her ankles, but she was wearing purple push-down socks anyway. Around her middle was a wide purple belt with a buckle in the shape of a telephone. And on her feet were black ballet slippers.” 0 likes