Start by marking “Alpha Born (True Blood Mate #2)” as Want to Read:
Alpha Born (True Blood Mate #2)

Alpha Born (True Blood Mate #2)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  956 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
[Ménage Amour ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Ménage a Trois Romance, M/M/M, werewolves, vampires]

Alpha Caleb Redding has spent 20 years trying to bring his first love back into his life. When he finally devises a plan, the Council of Elders agrees to it, but they add their own stipulations. In order for the mate covenant to happen, Caleb has to agree to give up his
Published December 8th 2010 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Alpha Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha Born

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
1,037 books — 1,410 voters
Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyWith Caution by J.L. LangleyCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceChange of Heart by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Paranormals
991 books — 787 voters

More lists with this book...

Cori
Dec 08, 2010 rated it liked it
If I had a dollar for every misused word in a Stormy Glenn book, I wouldn't have to pay for my books for a while! Aside from the usual errors and a slight Pinky and the Brain moment when the bad guy announced that he wanted to take over the world, it was an enjoyable few hours of reading. Stormy Glenn fans won't be disappointed.
Serena Yates
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a great book! The idea of having not just two, but three alpha-type personalities was interesting on its own. The way Stormy Glenn executed it, though, was fascinating.

Going in, I didn't really know what to expect, but I was curious. Three macho guys would surely mean lots of posturing - and it does. But, interestingly, it wasn't so much about the testosterone (except in a few very funny encounters), it was much more about the way these three arranged themselves with each other. The way
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Stormy Glenn is a bit of a conundrum to me. She's not a very good writer, but her stories are interesting. Maybe she's one of those people who would be great at telling a story around a campfire, but she runs into trouble when she has to put the words on paper. I'm constantly finding mistakes in her books, not just typos, but the wrong words being used. For example, she once used "perspective" when the correct word would have been "respective", then used "prospective" when it should have been "p ...more
Christy
After a re-read done 5/17/16, I revised and updated my review:

I really liked the many challenges brought about in this book. Grayson and Caleb are both alphas who are trying to mediate peace between their packs. Caleb, unbeknownst to Grayson, has spent years priming the Council of Elders for this, and he's finally gotten them to agree to a mate covenant between the packs. This means Grayson and Caleb will mate, and one will have to submit to the other.
Throw in Joel, the vampire mediator, who get
Tj
Dec 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013

Grayson and Caleb were childhood sweethearts whose romance lead to their werewolf fathers fighting to the death. Since their fathers were alphas they both have to assume leadership of different clans. Caleb never wanted to leave Grayson and has been fighting since that day 20 years ago to get back to Grayson. Now he has a way. Peace must be achieved between their two clans and Caleb will risk all to have Grayson and peace. Joel is their vampire mediator that is kidnapped on his way to the meetin
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
This is an author who is a bit like crack for me - I always buy it, smoke it, and then am left craving after a few minutes. The stories are good, formulaic for the most part, and often a bit too short to really get me fully invested. This one is different

For one - it's longer. That gives it more time for development and boy does it deliver so much better than what I've come to expect. Secondly the characters and their connection is more emotional, more heartfelt - well developed and interesting.
Gwengwel
Some personage change of name suddenly. And no I don't talk about Joel (and why not used his name? That's sound a little racist.)
A fews plot hole...Nothing major. Better than the first one. I love that all three men are not weak, but each had his force, they make an interesting team.
Problems with the edition.

...because it was whispered in his mind through their telepathic link.

NO. Whispered it's the action of talking softly, without your full voice. I don't see how you can do that while you u
adrienne
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
typical stormy glenn romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical stormy glenn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

laziness dictates i will use this as my template for all books by the following authors unless a book is remarkably good/bad :
stormy glenn
lynn hagen
scarlet hyacinth
joyee flynn
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

Hc

The review I just typed was EATEN by goodreads!

So, I enjoyed the book.. out of the three MCs, Caleb was the most well rounded of the bunch. Grayson, not enough give from alpha even in private with his mates. Joel, not enough alpha seen in sexual situations. Caleb should have been..looser.. when 'following' his alpha's orders seeing as he is also alpha born but chose to give it up in favor of getting his love back.
Felicia (Ferishia)
I'm slightly disappointed in this book even though I still liked it. It's the typical Stormy Glenn storyline (as my girlfriend and I refer to them) that I'm use to reading that has sex, Alpha wolf/male crying/tears, sex, giggling, sex, sexual thoughts at inappropriate times, and did I mention there is sex? But it was missing the actual menage a trois? What's that all about? How can you have a threesome story without the threesome? *isconfused*
Manda
Feb 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifter-sex
What's-his-name is so much the alpha that a) he takes other alphas as mates b) he renames his vampire mate and everyone goes along with it.

"Oh, you think name is Alex? Isn't that cute. I will call you Joel. No, I don't care that you are a few hundred years old and a leader among your people. You will now refer to yourself as Joel as will everyone else. No one question me!"

Timeforme
Until recently I haven't read a lot of Stormy Glenn books because the first couple I read seemed to have one alpha male character and the other male character seemed to me to have originally been written for a woman and the gender was just changed to accommodate to make an m/m storyline.

If this book is any indication, those days are long gone. This is a wonderful book with three strong alpha characters who become mates. There isn't anything weak or feminine about any of the main characters and I
Lizzie
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay, I'm rereading this series on my way to the new one that was just released on the 9th and after reading some of the other reviews ( some older than others) I'm not sure if we're reading the same book. While I agree there were more grammatical errors than I usually find in a Stormy Glenn book, I was able to overlook them because in general her books are well written.

As far as the name changing episode, it wasn't done for the reason of Grayson being ***grunt, grunt, grunt-me name you Joel be
Lee
Dec 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
I swear, if I hadn't read the first book in this series, Heart Song, and already bought the third book, Love Sexy, I wouldn't have read Alpha Born.There are several holes in the plot, numerous editing mistakes, and some very peculiar conventions like (view spoiler) Additionally, as pointed out by several other reviewers, how can a book about a menage a trois not include a sex sc ...more
Joy
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
OMG ... the hottest story i've ever read!!! Alpha wolves, Vampires ... All Males too! Definitely love how this lady writes! Not your usual wham, bam, thank-u-mam kinda love/sex fest, ok, scratch that, to others, they may think that but i found that i really enjoyed reading this, ultra strong stubborn alpha male characters with a slight sensitive humourous front that crack me up ... if that makes any sense!! lol 2nd book so far in the True Blood Mate series ... i'm actually looking forward to rea ...more
pbj
What is the purpose of renaming one of the main characters? Is this to show us that Grayson is an idiot who can't pronounce anything with more than one syllable? Or maybe it is to illuminate that fact that 'foreign' names like Alejandro are bad?
The JOEL acronym joke might have been cute as an aside - you know straight out of 'Back to the Future' where they think Michael J Fox's character is named 'Calvin' because of his underwear. But just to say 'I'm renaming you because it's easier' is the rud
Janelle
Jun 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
I wasn't thrilled with the changing of one of the main character's name "just because it was hard to pronounce". I mean if you are supposed to be changing with the times, wouldn't that be a part of it? I'm just sayin'. As for the overall book itself it was a good read. Knowing that what happens to the villains in this book is poetic justice.
Deanna Against Censorship
I enjoyed this story. I liked the characters and they were made real by the author. I had a problem with the grammatical errors. I also had problems with similes and metaphors that did not fit coming from an old vampire. A better proof reader and another rewrite by the author would have made this story a higher rating.
♥~♥❇ ★~Lyne~★ ❇♥~♥
I'm a little disappointed in this book. Excellent beginning, but the story sort of lag in the middle. I found it unrealistic although Grayson was worried about Joel. There wasn't an immediate reaction to locate his missing mate right away. Contradicting the whole protecting you mate in a shifter story. I also found the plot to be very lacking... to many editing mistake... book felt very rushed.
Miralinda
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Полкниги я была уверена, что это на 3 звезды средненький романчик (слишком много внимания уделяется теме подчинения, кто альфа и хватания всех подряд за горла по поводу и без), но ко второй половине, во время поисков Джоэла, меня книга захватила и стало довольно интересно, несмотря на смехотворность главного злодея.
Blackravens Reviews
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The plot is exciting and mysterious. Are vampires the villains or are werewolves the source of dark subterfuge? Or… are there other forces at work? Who can be trusted? To read the rest of this review, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Meme
Sep 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Dafy
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
La idea de los tres alfas fue bastante innovadora, pero el problema principal y el malo no me parecieron algo bueno para esta historia, me hubiera gustado un poco más de acción y problemas, no me desagradó pero definitivamente no la mejor novela M/M que he leído
Sair
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
re reading on the way to the new one
Fairy / Anna
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
For unknown reason, I liked it. Somehow, in a twisted way ;)
I think I was in the mood for: "less plot, more sex". Who cares that it doesn't have any sense... No sense at all!
Karen K
I gave this one 4 stars because I loved the thought of 3 alpha males becoming mates and learning to live that way.
Whitney
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Didn't really like this one. The name change for Joel was pretty ridiculous. I could barely get through this.
Betryal
Dec 08, 2010 rated it liked it
**** 3.5 ****
Juan
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Two Alpha Werewolf's And A Vampire Alpha Together ... I Have Never Read A Book Like This And It Was Nicely Done. Up Till Now I Have Never Thought Of That Idea And I Have To Say I Really Like It <3
Clover
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
a good vamp/werewolves menage story by one of the best author of the genre.
  • Dragon's Bloodmoon (Deadly Mates #4)
  • My Little Kitty (Purrfect Mates #2)
  • Torem (Zeus's Pack #4)
  • Softly Spoken Lies (Moonlight Breed #4)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn

True Blood Mate (6 books)
  • Heart Song (True Blood Mate #1)
  • Love Sexy (True Blood Mate #3)
  • Redemption (True Blood Mate #4)
  • Wolf's Bane (True Blood Mate #5)
  • Seeing is Believing (True Blood Mate #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be