Start by marking “Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)

Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  4,752 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
This is the story of two 20-year old women who share the same name. Even though they come from completely different backgrounds, they somehow meet and become best friends. The world of NANA is a world exploding with sex, music, fashion, gossip, and all-night parties.
Published February 7th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 11th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Nana, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nana, Vol. 2

Macarena Yannelli
Al fin Nana y Hachi se mudan juntas. No puedo esperar a que Hachi madure un poco y deje de ser tan insoportablemente insegura, pero la quiero igual, como a un perro (jajaja)
Hiba Arrame
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
Now I'm asking myself why didn't I start reading manga before now!? I never thought it would be this much fun.
This volume included the two Nanas departure to Tokyo and how they're trying to settle down after they've found a house together.
Sara
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Ah, Nana, Nana.

The story of the two of them rooming in Tokyo is okay. Nana #1 is still annoying. Nana #2 is still super cool but sad inside. They're both looking for love. . . .

There were so many pages ripped out of this manga! Actually, there wasn't much lost as far as story continuity which is good.

I plan to watch the Japanese movie when I get it from the library. It will be subtitled in English. It's ages since I've seen a Japanese movie. Looking forward to it. Not sure if my husband will be
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
3.0 Stars
This volume felt a little more shallow than the first. However, I'm looking forward to reading further into this cute story.
Carla Dente
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5
Pues, aparentemente hay gente a la que le encanta,gente que lo odia y gente que lo considera mediocre... como son los primeros mangas que leo no tengo nada con lo que comparar, no sé si es mediocre o no dentro del género, lo que sí sé es que no lo podía soltar, porque la historia me atrapó de una manera impresionante (y eso que, al haber visto primero el anime, ya sabía todo lo que iba a pasar).
Lo amé, me gustó más que el primero, pero lo más probable es que los siguientes tomos me enamoren m
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I rate this book 3.5 stars.

This one is definitely better than the first one, but it still didn't blow me away.

I had one problem, I don't like the way the characters speak, I don't know if it's because of the translation or if that's what the mangaka intended. All I know is that I don't talk like that (I'm going to be 20 in a little over a month). They kept saying stuff like, "that's cool, man." or "what's with that face, man." At first I didn't mind it, but then after the second time, I got real
J
After being without internet access for an unholy amount of time, I found myself digging through some books I hadn't touched or thought about in ages. NANA was amongst them.

Nana O. is still as great as I remembered her to be. I'm also feeling much more...sympathetic to Nana K. than I remember being but of course I don't think I became irritated with her until somewhere further down the line.

I found out with a bit of googling that 2013 showed some signs of activity on the part of Ai Yazawa. Her
Sara
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I love these covers- so pretty!

So our 2 Nana's have met and become roommates. Nana Komatsu, a.k.a. Hachi, has developed quite the crush on Nana Osaki and is very devoted to her. Nana Osaki is carefree and haunted at the same time, and Hachi is unable to see it. Each chapter is written from Hachi's POV, looking back on her relationship with Nana- almost like a journal. This format keeps it interesting and makes you wonder where they are now.

Definitely better than volume 1, but still not phenomena
Princolitas
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simplemente ¡me encanta! la historia sobre 2 chicas con el mismo nombre pero personalidades diferentes que se encuentran en un tren rumbo a Tokyo, cada historia es interesante y quieres saber más y las notas del autor en algunas páginas te hacen sentir que te está hablando directamente a ti, súper genial.
Jenny Clark
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Nana O. It's kinda funny how they are both so inexperienced in living alone but yet Nana O is so cool and laid back with it and the table scene was awsome.Love how flawed Hachi is but yet she realizes it and tries to overcome it. Translation was meh but did not take too much away as they are country girls.
Bookishrealm
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another cute volume!!! If was so good to see how the two were able two interact with each other. This is probably going to turn out to be one of my favorite manga series.
Róka
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jazzi Kelley
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I still don't know. It's either full of boring stereotypes or building up to something painfully honest.
Briana
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Quick cute read learned more about Nana and Nana's relationship and moving in.
Emile Mirra
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pending.
Diego
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aquí comienza realmente la historia, que enlaza con el pasado de las dos protagonistas. Mágico, no puedo decir más.
Eva
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lucy
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
recommend to everyone
Booky Mary
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une suite à la hauteur de son prédécesseur et qui le surpasse même, par l'aisance que l'auteur prend avec sa narration, et par la rencontre des deux Nana que l'on attendez tant : http://bookymary.blogspot.fr/2016/11/...
Trane
Feb 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: tokyo (pseudo) punks, the hair tribe, lovers of shojo manga, smilers
Shelves: manga-and-comics
I'm completely addicted to Ai Yazawa's shojo manga Nana. Nana is the story of two young women, both from small towns, who meet on the bullet train and end up moving in together in Tokyo. Nana Komatsu (a.k.a. "Hachi") is a small-town girl who has big city dreams of romance and leaving her old life (and self) behind, while Nana Osaki has come to Tokyo to try to find success as the singer of her (psuedo) punk rock band, Blast. This all sounds like pretty standard fare so far, but once you throw in ...more
Cera
Nov 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Maite
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-shelf, reviewed
En este segundo volumen de ナナ Nana, Ai Yazawa nos presenta el comienzo de la amistad entre 小松 奈々 Nana Komatsu, ahora ハチ公 Hachiko o simplemente ハチ Hachi, apodo que no puede ser más acertado por su parecido a una mascota ansiosa y hambrienta de atención y, quien le otorga este apodo, 大崎 ナナ Nana Osaki, que muy lejos de tener la actitud de un perro, actúa como un gato callejero: salvaje, libre y orgulloso.

Tokio como puesta en escena de dos extrañas: una, que lo ha dejado todo para perseguir un sueño
Sarah Sammis
Jun 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc, read-in-2009
Back in July I reviewed the first volume of the shojo manga, Nana by Ai Yazawa. I had been interested in it since Amazon had recommended it to me but I didn't start the series until Dewey also recommended it.The series is rapidly becoming one of favorite "guilty pleasures." I plan to review more in the series over the course of 2009.

Nana Volume 2 finds both Nanas on the train to Tokyo. They expect to go their separate ways but fate (or the demon lord if you ask Nana Komatsu) brings them back tog
MC
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The adventures of the two Nanas continue as they finally meet and begin their unlikely friendship in volume two of the fun manga. On a cold night with the snow blowing, the train from they both are taking to Tokyo is delayed, and so the seatmates, Nana Osaki and Nana Komatsu (eventually called "Hachi" by the other Nana) meet up and begin to talk.

After the train arrives in Tokyo, the two Nanas believe they never will see each other again. Somehow, they do, and they end up sharing the rent on a ra
Yoda Bor
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
C’est à peine le deuxième tome et c’est déjà un énorme plaisir de retrouver mes deux Nana qui partent à l’assaut de Tokyo.

Le récit est raconté du point de vue de Hachi, qui nous parle depuis le futur, et on s’attache donc à la suivre dans son installation chez Shöji et les premiers désagréments qu’elle rencontre.
Toujours aussi fofolle, elle passe évidemment son temps à se faire des films sur son petit ami et sa rivale virtuelle Sachiko.

Bien que les choses ne se passent pas aussi bien que prévu e
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Nana Komatsu is a 20 year old with a penchant for falling in love at first sight. After a year at art school, her best friend and her boyfriend move to Tokyo, so Nana decides to save up her money and follow them after a year.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer in the band Blast with her boyfriend Ren. When Ren gets an offer to join an up-and-coming band in Tokyo, he leaves Blast and Nina behind. A year later, Nina heads to Tokyo as well.

The two women meet by chance on the tr
Valeriane
Deuxième tome de cette série. Nana part à Tokyo et Nana part à Tokyo. Dans le train elles se retrouvent assises l'une à côté de l'autre et font connaissance. Est-ce une simple coïncidence que ces deux jeunes femmes, portant le même nom et ayant pris une décision similaire se retrouvent côté à côté pour un voyage vers une destination commune?
Arrivée à Tokyo, Nana-fleur bleu décide de se trouver un appart. Arrivée sur les lieux à visiter, elle tombe sur Nana-rockeuse qui comptait également louer c
Vicki
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2012
In this volume both Nanas take off for the big city and find each other in Tokyo. The volume largely centers around the two's burgeoning friendship through the furnishing of their new apartment.

I think what I adore most about this series is the artwork. It is incredibly easy for Nana K. (aka "Hachi" as Nana O. nicknames her) to be seen as shallow and silly. However, the way she is portrayed (paticularly in scenes where she is alone) gives this wonderful beauty and fraility to her that causes the
Bbabri
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Egy óra alatt elolvastam. Imádom nézegetni a képeket, olyan szépek.
Ismét csak Anna, és Olivia dalait hallgatva olvastam ezt a részt is. Így sokkal jobban beletudom élni magam a történetbe.
Ez a kötet is amolyan ismerkedős, mint az előző. Hachi végre elindul Tokióba, csakúgy mint Nana. A vonatos rész elég jóra sikeredett, bár nekem inkább a kötet vége a kedvencem, amikor Nobu beállít a két lány lakására.
Tetszett, hogy a két lány összeköltözik, és együtt indulnak el, hogy mindenfélét vásároljanak a
Inkling
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A review of the first two volumes which seem to set up the story.

The first novel is cleverly divided into two parts: the two stories of the two girls who will become flat mates. That gives time for the reader to get to know the characters, their friends and their different backgrounds. Starting with the second novel you can see them interacting and it's genuinely entertaining. There's also a hint or two as to where this is going but I won't say anything so as not to spoil things for any potenti
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Mars, Volume 03
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 5 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #5)
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 3
  • Gravitation, Volume 08
  • Princess of the Damned
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 11
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 10
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • 恋だの愛だの 1 [Koi Dano Ai Dano 1]
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 5
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 2: To Plant
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie
More about Ai Yazawa...

Nana (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1)
  • Nana, Vol. 3 (Nana, #3)
  • Nana, Vol. 4 (Nana, #4)
  • Nana, Vol. 5 (Nana, #5)
  • Nana, Vol. 6 (Nana, #6)
  • Nana, Vol. 7 (Nana, #7)
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Nana, Vol. 9 (Nana, #9)
  • Nana, Vol. 10 (Nana, #10)
  • Nana, Vol. 11 (Nana, #11)
“Vivienne Westwood, The Sex Pistols, Seven Stars, coffee with milk and strawberry cake. And Ren flowers.

Nana's favorite things never change.

It was so cool for someone like me who keeps on changing their mind.”
18 likes
“As expected life isn't that sweet at all.
When I came to Tokyo I thought I could achieve anything with my own two hands.
It's not like that. To get something in these hands, I have to fight a horrible fight. But... there's not much time to grab the things you want with your hands.
Why is that?
And more importantly what is that I want?”
12 likes