Start by marking “Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)

Nana, Vol. 2

(Nana #2)

This is the story of two 20-year old women who share the same name. Even though they come from completely different backgrounds, they somehow meet and become best friends. The world of NANA is a world exploding with sex, music, fashion, gossip, and all-night parties.
Published February 7th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 11th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Nana, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nana, Vol. 2

Hiba Arrame
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
Now I'm asking myself why didn't I start reading manga before now!? I never thought it would be this much fun.
This volume included the two Nanas departure to Tokyo and how they're trying to settle down after they've found a house together.
Sara
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Ah, Nana, Nana.

The story of the two of them rooming in Tokyo is okay. Nana #1 is still annoying. Nana #2 is still super cool but sad inside. They're both looking for love. . . .

There were so many pages ripped out of this manga! Actually, there wasn't much lost as far as story continuity which is good.

I plan to watch the Japanese movie when I get it from the library. It will be subtitled in English. It's ages since I've seen a Japanese movie. Looking forward to it. Not sure if my husband will be
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
3.0 Stars
This volume felt a little more shallow than the first. However, I'm looking forward to reading further into this cute story.
DonutKnow
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, young-adult, angst
angst is the word for this series. I get the twinge in my heart every time I read a volume of 'Nana'.
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I rate this book 3.5 stars.

This one is definitely better than the first one, but it still didn't blow me away.

I had one problem, I don't like the way the characters speak, I don't know if it's because of the translation or if that's what the mangaka intended. All I know is that I don't talk like that (I'm going to be 20 in a little over a month). They kept saying stuff like, "that's cool, man." or "what's with that face, man." At first I didn't mind it, but then after the second time, I got real
J
After being without internet access for an unholy amount of time, I found myself digging through some books I hadn't touched or thought about in ages. NANA was amongst them.

Nana O. is still as great as I remembered her to be. I'm also feeling much more...sympathetic to Nana K. than I remember being but of course I don't think I became irritated with her until somewhere further down the line.

I found out with a bit of googling that 2013 showed some signs of activity on the part of Ai Yazawa. Her
Sara
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I love these covers- so pretty!

So our 2 Nana's have met and become roommates. Nana Komatsu, a.k.a. Hachi, has developed quite the crush on Nana Osaki and is very devoted to her. Nana Osaki is carefree and haunted at the same time, and Hachi is unable to see it. Each chapter is written from Hachi's POV, looking back on her relationship with Nana- almost like a journal. This format keeps it interesting and makes you wonder where they are now.

Definitely better than volume 1, but still not phenomena
Jenny Clark
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shojo-beat-manga
I love Nana O. It's kinda funny how they are both so inexperienced in living alone but yet Nana O is so cool and laid back with it and the table scene was awsome.Love how flawed Hachi is but yet she realizes it and tries to overcome it. Translation was meh but did not take too much away as they are country girls.
Bookishrealm
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another cute volume!!! If was so good to see how the two were able two interact with each other. This is probably going to turn out to be one of my favorite manga series.
Gabby
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Rating - 3.5

Still can’t stand Nana/Hachi. She needs some character development soon or I’m gonna scream. Love the other Nana, she’s badass and independent and has a lot more interesting storyline going for her.
I can’t tell wether this is going to be a love story or a story about friendship. Maybe both.
I enjoyed this more than vol. 1 and am excited to continue!

Read for Contemporaryathon Feb 2019
Suleyka Bonifacio
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book Nana O. and Hachi move in with each other and become roommates after they have just came to Tokyo together without knowing each other. At first Hachi or the other Nana had moved in with her boyfriend but he kicked her out so she had to become independent. Also in this book it was about Nana/Hachi and her past life and how she became the woman she is today. About things she went through and things that happened before she moved to Tokyo. I love this book and i recommend it.
Abeer Albossany
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
The volume started by the two Nanas meeting and separating only to meet again on hunting a flat. They decided to live together and things started looking good for them. Nobo comes at the last chapter and with Nana they managed to make that night a great live concert for Hachico, the other Nana.
Gʀᴇʏʜᴀᴍᴇ
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness this series is so good!
Jazzi Kelley
I still don't know. It's either full of boring stereotypes or building up to something painfully honest.
Mary Shyne
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DAMN does this perfectly capture that “just moved into my first apartment in a big city with a woman who’s much cooler than me” mood.
The Inked Reader
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Briana
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Quick cute read learned more about Nana and Nana's relationship and moving in.
Louise
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one focused more on the cool Nana, so I liked it more.
Classical Lady
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
recommend to everyone
Trane
Feb 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: tokyo (pseudo) punks, the hair tribe, lovers of shojo manga, smilers
Shelves: manga-and-comics
I'm completely addicted to Ai Yazawa's shojo manga Nana. Nana is the story of two young women, both from small towns, who meet on the bullet train and end up moving in together in Tokyo. Nana Komatsu (a.k.a. "Hachi") is a small-town girl who has big city dreams of romance and leaving her old life (and self) behind, while Nana Osaki has come to Tokyo to try to find success as the singer of her (psuedo) punk rock band, Blast. This all sounds like pretty standard fare so far, but once you throw in ...more
Cera
Nov 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Sammis
Jun 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc, read-in-2009
Back in July I reviewed the first volume of the shojo manga, Nana by Ai Yazawa. I had been interested in it since Amazon had recommended it to me but I didn't start the series until Dewey also recommended it.The series is rapidly becoming one of favorite "guilty pleasures." I plan to review more in the series over the course of 2009.

Nana Volume 2 finds both Nanas on the train to Tokyo. They expect to go their separate ways but fate (or the demon lord if you ask Nana Komatsu) brings them back tog
MC
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The adventures of the two Nanas continue as they finally meet and begin their unlikely friendship in volume two of the fun manga. On a cold night with the snow blowing, the train from they both are taking to Tokyo is delayed, and so the seatmates, Nana Osaki and Nana Komatsu (eventually called "Hachi" by the other Nana) meet up and begin to talk.

After the train arrives in Tokyo, the two Nanas believe they never will see each other again. Somehow, they do, and they end up sharing the rent on a ra
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Nana Komatsu is a 20 year old with a penchant for falling in love at first sight. After a year at art school, her best friend and her boyfriend move to Tokyo, so Nana decides to save up her money and follow them after a year.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer in the band Blast with her boyfriend Ren. When Ren gets an offer to join an up-and-coming band in Tokyo, he leaves Blast and Nina behind. A year later, Nina heads to Tokyo as well.

The two women meet by chance on the tr
Vicki
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2012
In this volume both Nanas take off for the big city and find each other in Tokyo. The volume largely centers around the two's burgeoning friendship through the furnishing of their new apartment.

I think what I adore most about this series is the artwork. It is incredibly easy for Nana K. (aka "Hachi" as Nana O. nicknames her) to be seen as shallow and silly. However, the way she is portrayed (paticularly in scenes where she is alone) gives this wonderful beauty and fraility to her that causes the
Inkling
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A review of the first two volumes which seem to set up the story.

The first novel is cleverly divided into two parts: the two stories of the two girls who will become flat mates. That gives time for the reader to get to know the characters, their friends and their different backgrounds. Starting with the second novel you can see them interacting and it's genuinely entertaining. There's also a hint or two as to where this is going but I won't say anything so as not to spoil things for any potenti
Kereesa
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Nana and contemporary, adult romance
Recommended to Kereesa by: Christine Cornell
I'm still kind of shocked how good Nana is. It's so effortlessly wonderful in all the right ways, and is a really nice balance with comedy and some really crucial, serious issues. It's so fascinating the way Yazawa writes about insecurities, even if sometimes you feel a particular Nana is exaggerating them a bit, and her ability to write a series that feels real, honest, and really gets to the core of what it's like being a twenty year old out in the world and terrified of your future.

The art i
Antoinette
Sep 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga fans, best friends
Shelves: manga
Absolutely fantastic. During the first volume I could not figure out why Nana is so well respected. The story was ok, the characters were normal, and the plot seemed to be nothing special. However, volume two has completely blown me away. The friendship between the two Nana's is incredibly entertaining and touching. The dialog is very unusual, and compelling. I love the art, and the way photographs are used as some of the backgrounds. This is a manga unlike any other I have read, and I can't wai ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 5 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #5)
  • Mars, Volume 11
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 11
  • The Heavenward Path
  • Princess of the Damned
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 16
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 4
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • Gravitation, Volume 08
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 3
  • Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars, #2)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 3
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie

Nana (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1)
  • Nana, Vol. 3 (Nana, #3)
  • Nana, Vol. 4 (Nana, #4)
  • Nana, Vol. 5 (Nana, #5)
  • Nana, Vol. 6 (Nana, #6)
  • Nana, Vol. 7 (Nana, #7)
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Nana, Vol. 9 (Nana, #9)
  • Nana, Vol. 10 (Nana, #10)
  • Nana, Vol. 11 (Nana, #11)
“Vivienne Westwood, The Sex Pistols, Seven Stars, coffee with milk and strawberry cake. And Ren flowers.

Nana's favorite things never change.

It was so cool for someone like me who keeps on changing their mind.”
22 likes
“As expected life isn't that sweet at all.
When I came to Tokyo I thought I could achieve anything with my own two hands.
It's not like that. To get something in these hands, I have to fight a horrible fight. But... there's not much time to grab the things you want with your hands.
Why is that?
And more importantly what is that I want?”
13 likes