Start by marking “Nana, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Nana, Vol. 4

Nana, Vol. 4

(Nana #4)

This is the story of two 20-year old women who share the same name. Even though they come from completely different backgrounds, they somehow meet and become best friends. The world of NANA is a world exploding with sex, music, fashion, gossip, and all-night parties.
Published October 3rd 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 10th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Nana, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nana, Vol. 4

Start your review of Nana, Vol. 4
Hiba Arrame
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohh myy ='( ='(
Bookishrealm
Review 2019: My thoughts that I gave in 2017 are definitely no different than the thoughts that I have now. Read below to see what I thought.

Gosh it's so good to be back in this world. I definitely missed reading about Nana and Nana! This picks up with the remnants of the affair of volume 3. I won't say who's involved because it's a spoiler. But what I loved about this volume was the fact that Nana K learns more about Nana O. She definitely doesn't understand how much Nana O goes through and
DonutKnow
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, angst
Trane
Feb 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: girls, ladies, women, boys, men, grandpas and grandmas (but not if you're easily shocked)
Shelves: manga-and-comics
I'm completely addicted to Ai Yazawa's shojo manga Nana. Nana is the story of two young women, both from small towns, who meet on the bullet train and end up moving in together in Tokyo. Nana Komatsu (a.k.a. "Hachi") is a small-town girl who has big city dreams of romance and leaving her old life (and self) behind, while Nana Osaki has come to Tokyo to try to find success as the singer of her (psuedo) punk rock band, Blast. This all sounds like pretty standard fare so far, but once you throw in ...more
Alexa
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm truly just loving this series, you guys. It's so fun to read about these two main characters who I just so happen to ADORE completely, and this volume was yet another one where we learned more about them both.
Jenny Clark
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shojo-beat-manga
I'm almost afraid to read it any faster than I am, cause I know 21 is not the end, but Yazawa is sick and has not done any more... I love the characters, though it does seam like Nana O is rather static, but I guess that'll change as more is actualy revealed about her. I love how Hachi is changing. She is so sweet, and lover her style, Nana's too for that, but she is still flawed makeing her real.
Kristine Hansen
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Hachi finds out about Ren and Nana and finally starts looking at the world outside of herself. Is she maturing? I sincerely hope so as I've been annoyed with her for quite awhile now on how self-centered she is.

Still loving this series. Yes, it's a soap opera, but it's a delight to read and just so much fun that it's the perfect story for a blustery December day. :)
Sara
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this soap opera!

Getting to know the Nanas better - watching them grow up and learn the ways of love and friendship, careers and money.

As always, I enjoy Junko's Place at the end of the book.
Laurianne Uy
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Hachi finds out about Ren and Nana!!! The Sachiko fallout!
This manga has such great character moments everywhere. Ai Yazawa is brilliant.
Paige
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jacob
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am very much in love with this series. While I rate this a touch under what I rated the prior few volumes, that says less about v.4 than it does my own personal preference for how these volumes unfold. Most of that boils down to foreshadowing. While other volumes have dabbled in foreshadowing future loss, it's become a much more regular part of v.4. I should just get used to it--and given I've watched the anime, I shouldn't even let it worry me--yet I can't help but feel stress every time ...more
Gabby
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Rating - 3.5

Hachi/Nana still irritating & problematic. Love other Nana. Honestly I’m reading this series purely because of her! I love her storyline and character - and love the punk rock elements to this story.

Read for Mangathon March 2019
Briana
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I can not wait until I finish this manga but then I can.
Miss Ryoko
The two Nana's friendship is really touching!! Makes me want to say "Awww"
Chloe
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite so far
Clara
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much I could cry
Abeer Albossany
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
The volume starts with Hachico finding about Shouji and Sachiko, and then all through the chapters Hachico realizes that Nana was in love with Honjo Ren and tries to make them meet.
The Inked Reader
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Nana Komatsu is a 20 year old with a penchant for falling in love at first sight. After a year at art school, her best friend and her boyfriend move to Tokyo, so Nana decides to save up her money and follow them after a year.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer in the band Blast with her boyfriend Ren. When Ren gets an offer to join an up-and-coming band in Tokyo, he leaves Blast and Nina behind. A year later, Nina heads to Tokyo as well.

The two women meet by chance on the
EroMaru
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well, now Shoji is out of the picture and Nana K. is swearing of men. We'll see how long that lasts, hopefully Nana K. will find happiness with in her self instead of trying to fill the emptiness with shallow love. I must admit Nana O. Seeing Ren was such a treat and i was surprised that Nana K. was able to hold out on asking about the relationship for as long as she did. Way too go, and think its really great how Nana O. said thank you for bringing me I wasn't expecting it. This was a great ...more
Evelyn
For the sake of sanity, I'm going to call Nana Komatsu 'Little Nana' and Nana Osaki 'Big Nana'.

I wasn't sure I'd like this series but it's grown on me. Partially because now that Little Nana has grown up a little, I see her having the same adult problems that I do. Job, rent... lack of a boyfriend... oh wait, that's just Little Nana's problem.

This series is currently on hiatus at 21 volumes.
Mazohyst
Jan 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teens, manga, online-manga
I always forget which volume is which. But all I can say is finally! Hachi finds out about Ren and Nana and she's determined to get them back together. And finally, we see Trapnest in the flesh. Well, not really, but we get to see them live. :D I just love Nana! The art and all this drama just captivates me.
Aleina
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
Such a great book! I could picture the music at the end (because I've seen the anime) so well and the whole thing just chokes me up! I love Nana! It may not have the action/adventure or fantasy/sci-fi genres in it all, but the romance and reality of how life can be just paints a picture in your mind that you just can't let go of. :) [3
Antoinette
Sep 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga fans, best friends
Shelves: manga
I have dedicated my book budget for the month to Nana. This is the best in the series so far. Blast performs, and the art is so well done I swear I could hear music. The mystery just keeps continuing, and the narration is beautiful. I can't wait to read more!
Summer
Aug 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
Volume 4 has some great artwork - it's the first time both bands are shown performing, and Yazawa's love for fashion and rock really show through.
Danielle
Nov 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: NANA fans!
Shelves: graphicnovels, 2007
The story gets deeper! I couldn't wait to get my hands on this volume and all it does is make me want more!
R
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a fun drama to read!
Bruna | TinyGirl Reviews
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This volume is worth a 100 stars!!
Inkling
Nana's life 1 3 Nov 18, 2013 02:35PM
the good Tokyo and Bad Tokyo 1 3 Nov 07, 2013 06:38AM
the good Tokyo and Bad Tokyo 1 1 Nov 07, 2013 06:38AM
Love and Hate 3 6 Nov 07, 2013 06:34AM

• アオハライド 4 (Ao Haru Ride, #4)
  • アオハライド 6 (Ao Haru Ride, #6)
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 2 特装版 [Tongari bōshi no atelier 2 Limited Edition]
  • アオハライド 5 (Ao Haru Ride, #5)
  • 青のフラッグ 2 [Ao no Flag 2]
  • 青のフラッグ 1 [Ao no Flag 1]
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 3 [Tongari Boushi no Atelier 3] (Witch Hat Atelier, #3)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 15
  • 青のフラッグ 3 [Ao no Flag 3]
  • 青のフラッグ 4 [Ao no Flag 4]
  • アオハライド 2 (Ao Haru Ride, #2)
  • Emma, Vol. 06
  • 椿町ロンリープラネット 11 [Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet 11]
  • Tokyo Tarareba Girls, Vol. 3
  • 魔法使いの嫁 10 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 10] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #10)
  • 海月姫 11 [Kuragehime 11] (Princess Jellyfish #11)
  • Tokyo Tarareba Girls, Vol. 2
Ai YAZAWA (矢沢 あい) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over ten series on Ribon magazine. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie (in which Nana is serialized), series like

Nana (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Nana, Vol. 1
  • Nana, Vol. 8
  • Nana, Vol. 9
  • Nana, Vol. 10
  • Nana, Vol. 11
“I wasn't really able to love someone but I couldn't help but want to be loved.” 43 likes
“But I wonder if there is a place I fit in?” 19 likes