Start by marking “Wagamama Cookbook, The” as Want to Read:
Wagamama Cookbook, The

Wagamama Cookbook, The

wagamama redefined the idea of fast food. From its first site behind the British Museum in London in the early nineties, it now has restaurants in Dublin, Amsterdam, and as far as Sydney, and has shown the way of the noodle to countless people in search of speedily cooked nutritious food at low prices.

This cookbook reveals how easy it is to enjoy the unique wagamama

Published September 25th 2010 by Sterling Publishing (first published May 20th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Wagamama Cookbook, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wagamama Cookbook, The

Start your review of Wagamama Cookbook, The
7jane
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(mine is the one that comes with a DVD (showing and teaching cooking techniques))
There are photos for many recipes. The author writes food columns, and has written other cookbooks too (at least one award won, so far, too).

This book has recipes from a restaurant chain that has places in UK, US, Ireland, Netherland, and Australia (at least). The first restaurant opened in London in 1992, and they focus on Japanese inspired dishes, especially noodles. The recipes here and at the restaurants
Julie H.
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook-cooking
I've now perused The Wagamama Cookbook from cover to cover, digesting its advice and guidance, and selecting the first several items that I'll conquer in the coming week to 10 days. The gist of the book is introducing interested readers and cooks who may or may not be familiar with the restaurants of the same name to what is essentially "the way of the noodle" (think the Tao of noodles, you Tao of Pooh fans out there). What I most appreciate, however, is the non-partronizing, non-preachy and ...more
Dominika
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently Wagamama is a chain restaurant similar to PF Changs but specializing in Japanese-style food. I got this book at a yard sale and have never been to the aforementioned establishment, but I enjoy some tasty cultural appropriation to a moderate extent (I also have like 3 other authentic Japanese cookbooks). I mean, this book is great for what it is. I don't bother buying dumpling sauce because I can just make it myself using the recipe in this book. The recipes are tasty, if not entirely ...more
Andrea
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every once in a while I go through phases of using specific cookbooks. I rediscovered this one in my cupboard, and was really glad I did. Although some of the ingredients are more eclectic, the recipes turn out generally really well, and I can imagine recreating dishes at "Noodle Box". Some of the recipes taste quite salty, so I adjust the seasoning.
Elizabeth Judd Taylor
So many yummy noodle recipes! Sauces, desserts, fruits, & juices, too.
Tara
Jul 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I miss all the Wagamama outlets in London, but this cookbook is the next best thing. Recipes are straightforward (and so far have been successful for me), although some that require lots of sauces can be time-consuming. Fun to see all the pictures of familiar favorites (chicken chili men, katsu, amai udon) and to dream about making them.
Rayan Phillips
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this cookbook. I cook from it all the time. I think what I like the most about it is that there are always different and exciting things to try on the next page over, and even though some of the recipes are tough, it's fun having a go. It also has a range of recipes; ramen, noodles, rice, sides, fish, salads, juices... it really shows the variety that Japanese cuisine has to offer.
Angelique
Jul 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first cookbook from one of my favorite (albeit cheesy) restaurants in the UK. I love the concept of Wagamama as much as I love the food. I was thrilled to pick this up a few years ago, but regrettably, I don't cook from it often. When I do, however, the dishes are almost as good as they are in the restaurants.
Jul 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes asian noodles
We found this restaurant when were in London a few years ago. We loved the atmosphere of family dining and the yummy noodles. A few weeks ago my husband was in Boston and found that they had opened one in the U.S. He bought me the cookbook. I have made a couple of the dishes and they are delicious!
Stephanie
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, foodie
I appreciate the accessible recipes for ramen~something that seems more complicated the more I search for it!
Jenks
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant cook book
Rere
Dec 21, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook-baking
Love it from the very beginning to the end. Easy recipes, zero fuss!
Kari
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of yummy things to try and straight-forward recipes so it's stress free!
Jupiter
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookery-books
There's a few recipes in here that you'll probably never every try - they're not all easy - but the instructions are easy to follow and the flavours are delicious. A must for all oriental food lovers
Alexis
Wagamama Cookbook and DVD by Hugo Arnold (2005)
Rachel
Jul 29, 2011

• Soldier Spy
  • How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking
  • wagamama Feed Your Soul: Fresh + simple recipes from the wagamama kitchen
  • Vicious Circle (Hector Cross, #2)
  • Those in Peril (Hector Cross, #1)
  • Chickenhawk