Start by marking “Shades Of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Shades Of Dreams

Shades Of Dreams

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  220 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Stephan Colby is on top of the world. He’s the lead singer of one of the hottest new rock bands, and his best friend is in the band to share the success as well. In addition, Stephan’s madly in love. Yet Fate has a cruel way of kicking a man in the teeth, and when Stephan’s world crashes down around him, he turns to his Rock, his bandmate, the one man who has always been t ...more
Published December 5th 2010 by Amber Allure

To ask other readers questions about Shades Of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades Of Dreams

Deeze
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
This one just didn’t work for me. I was expecting a story about Rock Stars but instead it all takes place on a break, and to be honest they could have been anything.

The main story of Rocky and Stephan should have been sweet and a little heartbreaking, but the emotion never made it for me. Rocky was simply so nice he was bland, and Stephan was pretty self centred. The rest of the characters were never given much of a chance to develop. They were brought in with story lines that were never devel
Phaney
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

Oh crap. I should have known. I really should have known.

Okay, off the bat things were not really that dire, quality-wise, but this is a freaking story about a freaking ghost fixing his soul mate up with said soul-mate’s best friend who’s loved said soul-mate forever. Jeez. This kind of story? It’s super-low on my list of things I enjoy reading. Right above the “f***, no” entries.

I really do this to myself, huh?

And, argh, I really wish authors would stop throwing the STB at me. Guys,
Edina Rose
Dec 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
OK, I've liked the series T.A. Chase created about rock stars or singers. I really loved Be the air... I bought Shades of Dreams because I was expecting something as mature and good as the others. But I am deeply disapointed.

The characters were not well developped, the plot was a bit weak, forced:

-the ever-present ghost and his advice: it would have been more nature if the two heroes came to realise things by themselves, or with just a little bit of insight from friends. They don't have to do na
AliciaJ
3.5 stars***

I actually waffled between 3 and 4 stars, just cuz I felt like the author could have delved deeper into the relationships between the characters. It felt like I was just getting to skim the surface of what was going on between the guys. And also, I really didn't care for how short of a time it was between when Jeremy died and the start of the new relationship for Stephan. It just felt disrespectful and not in keeping with the supposed depth of grief he felt. But I really liked Rocky,
Linda-Grace
sweet,
Lily
ReviewerLarissa
Dec 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Review for Rarely Dusty Books

Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll and some cuties who charm the pants right of you. The ingredients for a good book. Well except maybe for the drugs *wink*. Shades of Dreams is among the latest of releases by celebrated author T.A. Chase. It started life as a blog story, but after a couple of weeks the story was pulled in favor of a complete story. I for one, was very glad of this!

However, the story did not quite turn out the way I thought it would or expected from this
Elisa Rolle
Being the story of how a man overcomes the loss of his lover, Shades of Dreams could have been a lot more angst than how actually is. I think T.A. Chase wanted to prove how much Stephan loved Jeremy, but also how deep the feeling between Stephan and Rocky was, even before Jeremy’s death.

The setting is show business, one that is familiar to the fans of T.A. Chase since it’s not the first time the author chose it; but on the contrary of previous story, this one is more intimate, and the main chara
Shira Anthony
Mar 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-slash, smut
First off, this is a sweet and well-written book. The characters are engaging, and the universe of rock bands is interesting. That said, I kept feeling as though something more was going to happen, but that we just kept skimming the surface.

MILD SPOILERS: (view spoiler)
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Kevin Mullinax
Dec 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Arthur
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Rocky has loved Stephan since they were teens. He had come out, but kept his feeling toward Stephan to himself since he was not sure if Stephan liked men. When Stephan introduced Jeremy, Rocky accepted his fate that his love would never been returned. Until one day, during concert, Stephan screamed very loudly. Jeremy died. Rocky helped Stephan to overcome the mourn, even though he had to supress his feelings toward his best friend. Little did he know, he got help from the most unexpected source ...more
Shaz
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, musicians
4.5 stars.

Shades of Dreams was one of those stories that grabbed me and wouldn't let me go until I'd finished the book...and it left me wanting more! I was definitely not ready to finish with these guys, and I'd love for the other characters in the book to get their story told as well.

I won't say that the book was without flaws. Although I can see where the author is coming from, I still think that the time between losing one lover, and taking another was too short. I would have liked a little
Brenda (b)
The story was OK. Not really one I felt a connection to. I thought the beginning was rather depressing since it starts with the death of Stephan's lover. Then one of the band members (view spoiler). I also felt the furthering of the relationship between Stephan and Rocky happened too quickly. I didn't see where Stephan's deeper feelings for Rocky developed, they kinda of just appeared out of nowhere.
Elianara
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romace
Meggie
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Hm, you wouldn't think, but this is really mature type of writing. I really liked the honesty in this story. Each question I asked myself, I got an answer to it, I mean related to the story. Even if you as a reader would think, this love between Stephan and Rocky is to soon, and can't be real, the writer makes you see it's truth. You believe in their love at end of this story. I totally loved this story and the plot.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READ !!
Jess Candela
Jan 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2011
I liked it, but Stephan's grief seemed to go from extreme to resolved unrealistically quickly. Yes, given the history with Rocky, it's plausible he'd fall in love with him fairly quickly. But the grief trajectory just didn't ring true. Also, it sort of felt like skimming the surface throughout, and I wanted to get down into it more below the surface.
Kiki
Dec 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
3.5
Sandy Malone
This book started out so sad, I cried. But the ending was phenominal..LOVED IT!
Arzu
Dec 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Arzu by: Sarah
3,5 stars

Loved the book. I hope there will be a sequel and we will read what will happen to the other band members and Jeremy's brother.
Ter
Dec 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
I liked this story, and hope we will see more of this band, with maybe some of the other members and friends.
Carissa
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Can't wait to read mor of this authors books.
*Nan*
Marsha Spence
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I really enjoyed this story. The characters were well developed and the relationship was handled nicely. The hesitancy between the characters and everything they were dealing with was well done.
Mashkai
Dec 09, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Entanglements
  • The Far Away Years
  • Squire (Indigo Knights, #1)
  • No Fear (Conquest, #2)
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #2)
  • Adder
  • With the Band
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • Moonlight Becomes You (Lucky Moon, #1)
  • Black Gold (Black Gold #1)
  • Wild Horses
  • The Replacement Guitarist (The Replacement Guitarist, #1)
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...