Start by marking “Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 3 (Highschool of the Dead, #3)” as Want to Read:
Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 3 (Highschool of the Dead, #3)

Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 3

(Highschool of the Dead #3)

The high school escapees are joined by elementary-schooler Alice and a brave little dog as they make their way to the next safe house, not a soul (or corpse) in sight. The Alice's presence eases the tension, but as Marikawa-sensei drives farther into the neighborhood, "they" seem to be out in greater numbers. The car struggles to shake the relentless zombies while Takashi ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Yen Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 3

BUN
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hirano is such a amazing nerd of army and guns, how a normal high school student using gun so good like him. LOL
Yoyomaus Die Büchereule
Zum Inhalt:
Achtung: Infektionsgefahr!

Überall auf der Welt ist ein unbekannter und tödlicher Virus ausgebrochen, der die Infizierten in torkelnde und sabbernde Zombies verwandelt. Die Notrufnummer ist dauerhaft besetzt, Handynetze lahmgelegt, Brücken und Zufahrtsstrassen militärisch abgeriegelt. Die menschliche Zivilisation steht vor einem Kollaps und noch gibt es keine Erklärung für den blitzartigen Ausbruch.

Während des Ausbruchs der unheimlichen Epidemie, befindet sich Takashi Komuro in seiner
Michael
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOTD #3

Black & White version of the Manga "Highschool of the Dead". Continuing the story of a group of Japanese students trying to survive a Zombie apocalypse in a supposed suburb of Tokyo. They make their way to the home of one of students who's father is a Right Wing Political leader. Lots of action and gore with some sexy fanservice in the mix. Great series!
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

Gah. I forgot how awful the illustrations of the women are. Why do their boobs look like pineapples?? The dialog often makes no sense, but the scenes with zombies are fun. I have a few of these checked out from the library - not sure how many I will read before I give up. I am not the target market for this series.
Galion Public Library Teens
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Review by D.B. : "I like how now they tried to find their parents."
Pranta Ghosh Dastider
2.5 actually. This volume was full of talk. I wanted to see more action
(╯`▭´)╯︵ (dǝꓭ ƨ'ɒnɒ⅃) ǝɔnɒꓷ
This series would be ten times better if Rei wasn't a character. She literally adds only more boobs, unnecessary panty shots, and infinite frustration.
Letty Caisse
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich mochte es wirklich, aber warum gibt es so viele Rockansichten?
Ich habe auch die Episoden gesehen
sie speach english
Vorgängerbände: 1 - 2
Folgebände: 4-7
Verfilmung: ja

Inhalt:
Achtung: Infektionsgefahr! Überall auf der Welt ist ein unbekannter und tödlicher Virus ausgebrochen, der die Infizierten in torkelnde und sabbernde Zombies verwandelt. Die Notrufnummer ist dauerhaft besetzt, Handynetze lahmgelegt, Brücken und Zufahrtsstrassen militär
Mike
Highschool of the Dead volume 3 contains chapters 8-12 and is a direct continuation of previous volumes. It's best to start at the beginning.

At this point the style and tone of the series, including the levels of gore and fanservice, are well established and readers should know what they're in for and whether or not it's within their personal tolerances. So I won't be providing as much in the way of warnings about such things from this review forward. See my reviews of earlier volumes more deta
Mark
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, manga
Volume ketiga ini dimulai dengan krisis yang terjadi di dalam pesawat Air Force One, ketika seorang pria yang diangkat sebagai penjabat sementara Presiden Amerika Serikat dipaksa untuk memutuskan apakah akan meluncurkan serangan nuklir ke beberapa kota sekaligus ...

Dramatis sih, tapi ya sudah. Ternyata hanya begitu saja. Lalu kita kembali dibawa ke Jepang, di mana pada akhirnya Pemerintah Jepang secara de facto tumbang akibat serangan virus yang merebak di seluruh negeri dan menjadikan orang-ora
Vicky
This is a non-spoilery blanket review of the first three editions of Highschool of the dead, since I read them so closely together.

The best thing about Highschool of the Dead was the art. It's very well illustrated with a wide range of facial expressions, well designed action scenes and convincing zombies.

From there it was pretty mundane.

The story is pretty much The Walking Dead with teenagers, I didn't find anything unique or exciting about Sato's approach to the zombie apocalypse (at least n
Oscar  Leal
¡Penoso!. No voy a gastar caracteres para escribir lo que ya he dicho antes en las opiniones de los dos tomos anteriores . Más de lo mismo , no se puede esperar nada de una historia que en un principio se maneja perteneciente al genero adulto como un planteamiento del genero zombie bastante maduro y experimentado . Si George Romero e incluso Robert Kirkman vieran este adefesio no sé como responderían . Una historia vacía , plana que nunca termina por arrancar .

¡No puedo creer que haya comprado
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

Highschool of the Dead is where you get your zombie action. Fast and furious and intense. Nothing in this manga is for the faint of heart. I recommend this manga for those over the age of 16 for more of the sexual aspects registered within this series.

For those of you that are shonen fans, this manga is definitely for you. The amount of ammunition that these teenagers are packing is seriously something that you should all take a look at
Miss Ryoko
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, adult
Actual rating: 2.5

I vaguely remembered this episode in the anime but I was trying to recall it because truthfully, the manga volume was really confusing. I'm not really sure what was happening other than the basics - they got to Saya's house... her parents are rich and powerful... and military? Politicians? I'm not entirely sure what... nor was I entirely sure of what their grand plan was that Saya was talking to the "regular" people about.

Also... why do the girls have football shaped boobs half
Emmy Lou
Just as zombie filled as its predecessors, volume 3 shows the gang seeking safety and their folks. After being cornered, the gang is rescued by Takagi's mother and a group of survivors. They take refuge at the Takagi manor, seemingly safe and sound, but mutiny is starting to rear it's ugly head among the citizens the Takagis have taken in. Can peace last or will the barriers crumble down from the inside out?
Ambar Nepomuceno
Sería tonto mencionar que lo encontré un tanto sexista pues es un manga de género shonen y ecchi por lo que usualmente resultan así pero si noté ciertos tonos machistas en este tomo, fuera de eso todo genial e insisto en que el trabajo por parte de la editorial panini es excelente en esta entrega full color de HOTD, no deja de agradarme esta tematica!
Russell
The titillation continues but I am hoping the story builds some more. Introduction to more characters that may be interesting. I'm not sure about the title of the series in that, though the main characters are high school age students, it is becoming farther and farther from being high school.
Jordan Michaels
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Jordan by: no one
They cram a whole lot in there very quickly. It is extremely easy to lose track of what is going on. The impact of the visuals is lost a little in the fact that there is no color. Overall I think they could have done better.
Variaciones Enrojo
Edición argentina. Tomo 3 de los siete publicados hasta la fecha.
Lauren Eames
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
What is with the girls in this manga?!
Mehsi
Some more boobs and more zombies. Still it is a good story, I like it better than the anime. :)
Silver
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this, very eventful and the illustrations, while somewhat sexualized, were nicely executed.
Molly
OK this would be better if the author turned down the damn panty and boob shots!! overall its a pretty interesting story
Christina
I love this manga but that teacher guy should just die. He's f*ing terrible. I can't stand the creepyness he has about him. I hate him but love the others(mcs).
Lynnsey Wisdom
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story seems to be slowing down a bit. Despite it being good, I feel that at times, it seems disjointed. I hope that things pick up in 4!
Jacob Jones
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hotd
Yet another awesome edition! Had so much fun reading it and I adore the characters! This series is one of the best zombie stories I've seen.
Roleplay Central~: The Mall 98 17 Mar 03, 2013 08:13PM

• Gantz /16
  • Cage of Eden 3
  • Saikano: The Last Love Song on This Little Planet, Vol. 03
  • BTOOOM!, Vol. 3
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 2
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #5)
  • Hell Girl 2
Daisuke Satō is a Japanese board game designer, novelist, and manga writer. He is known for the publication of the alternate history novels Seito (Divided Japan like Korea), Red Sun Black Cross (Japan fights against Germany) and so on, and the manga series Imperial Guards (Army with saber-toothed tigers) and Highschool of the Dead (Zombie apocalypse), which he produces with illustrator Shōji Satō. ...more

Highschool of the Dead (7 books)
  • Highschool of the Dead, Band 1
  • Highschool of the Dead, Band 2
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 4 (Highschool of the Dead, #4)
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 5 (Highschool of the Dead, #5)
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 6 (Highschool of the Dead, #6)
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 7 (Highschool of the Dead, #7)