Start by marking “Vampire for Hire (Vampire for Hire #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Vampire for Hire (Vampire for Hire #1-2)

Vampire for Hire (Vampire for Hire #1-2)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  312 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
AMAZON'S #1 BESTSELLING VAMPIRE DETECTIVE SERIES!

Over two million copies sold! Multiple USA Today bestsellers. #1 in Vampire Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Women Sleuths! The #1 vampire series for three straight months!

Included in the set are the first two novels in the "Vampire for Hire" series. All for one low price!

________________________________________________

MOON DA
Published November 29th 2010 (first published August 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire for Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire for Hire

C.D. Gorri
Great series

Samantha Moon is probably my absolute favorite vampire of all time! She is awesome! Rain's writing is gripping, detailed, exciting and everything I want in a serial novel. Highly recommend.
Michelle Douglas
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed these books, they are a great introduction to Samantha Moon. She was a federal agent until the night of her attack which means she now has to work to a different routine. She combines the role of motherhood with the role of vampire P.I. to the best of her ability. I will certainly look out for more of the books in this series
Karla
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was not a box set when I read, but these were the stories that got me completely hooked on JR Rain !!! Absolutely LOVE this series ! Treat yourself and spend a few bucks for the whole series !...don't forget the Novella's and Short Stories, too ! Always left wanting more of Sam !
Anita Clay
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moon Dance is the first book in the Vampire for Hire series. It is about Samantha Moon who has taken multitasking to a whole new level. She is a mother of two, a private investigator and after becoming a late night smack for a hungry vampire, a vampire. She has to balance taking care of her kids, which is really hard when you are allergic to sunlight, running a P.I. business from home and dealing with being newly divorced.

When she is hired by Kingsley Falcrum to find out who had attempted to mu
Natalia
Awesome and very entertaining read...I wasn't expecting much because I found it for free on Amazon, but these two books held me and wouldn't let me go until I finished reading.

It was great, Samantha Moon is a hot, kick-ass vampire trying to balance her new undead life with her husband and kids while working as a P.I. There are both sad and funny moments throughout the books, I loved the bitter, kind of sarcastic humor that Sam has as well as the fact that she's slowly learning more about her va
Margie Doto
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have tried to get into toher Vampire books and just couldn't. These I enjoyed. J.R. is an author that seems so far I like all his books that I have read. This type of book really surprised me that I did like it. The only reason I even tried it was because I loved the other books by him.
Christi
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Go, Sam!

Nice to see Samantha taking back her life and coming a bit more to terms with what she is. I was a bit dismayed to find a cliffhanger at the end. Other than that I loved this book.
D
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Loving the Vampire For Hire series by J.R. Rain. This book contains the first two books in the series and follows Samantha Moon's discovery of some of her talents and the changes taking place in her life and how it affects those around her.
Betsy
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author is really good. Makes you want to keep reading. This book is about a housewife who gets bitten by a vampire, but tries to maintain a normal life. She becomes a private investigator, which is a cool job for a vampire. Can't wait to start the next book!
Hard12luv
See the section of my book 1 and book 2 single reads. I did really like the book series.
  • Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2)
  • Vampires vs. Werewolves (Vampire Love Story, #4)
  • Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Forbidden Drink (Kindred, #3)
  • Breathless/Deathless 2 Book Set (The Blue Fire Saga, #1-2)
  • Blood Bound
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Blood Hunger (Deathless Night #1)
  • Secret Santa (Secret McQueen #2.5)
  • Dark Wine & Dark Blood (The Two Vampires, #1-2)
  • Blood of the Son (Skye Morrison, #1)
  • Blood Marriage
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Dark Tomorrows
  • The Other Side
  • The Scottish Hearts Collection (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #1-4)
I'm an ex-private investigator now writing full-time in the Pacific Northwest, where I live in a small house on a small island with my small dog, Sadie, who has more energy than Robin Williams.

As a kid I was always making stuff: skates, skateboards, skimboards, skis, sleds, clothing, furniture, wood carvings, Easter baskets, comic books, you name it. I was the mother of all nerds. Anyway, I think
More about J.R. Rain...

Vampire for Hire (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire, #1)
  • Vampire Moon (Vampire for Hire, #2)
  • American Vampire (Vampire for Hire, #3)
  • Moon Child (Vampire for Hire, #4)
  • Vampire Dawn (Vampire for Hire, #5)
  • Vampire Games (Vampire For Hire, #6)
  • Moon Island (Vampire for Hire, #7)
  • Moon River (Vampire for Hire, #8)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Vampire for Hire #8.5)
  • Vampire Sun (Vampire for Hire, #9)