Start by marking “All She Wants for Christmas (Kent Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
All She Wants for Christmas (Kent Brothers, #1)

All She Wants for Christmas

(Kent Brothers #1)

Big Star, Small-Town Christmas

Country singer Riley Jensen would never have returned to her small Missouri hometown if her publicist hadn't come up with the scheme to tape a Christmas special there. So she never would have known that the man who broke her heart at eighteen—causing her to flee to Nashville—was now a widower with a seven-year-old daughter. Riley has ten years
Published December 6th 2010 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about All She Wants for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All She Wants for Christmas

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

All She Wants for Christmas is a short story from the Naughty and Nice anthology, and since each story has also been released as a short, I'll review them separately.

A deep hurt and betrayal sent Riley Jensen running from her home in Deer Lake, from Amanda, who she thought was her best friend, and from Ethan, who she thought was her boyfriend. But catching them in bed together told her she’d been wrong about all that. She wasn’t about to stick around and ask questions – she didn’t need to – the
Alaina
Cute book that has gotten me in the mood for Christmas - what's Thanksgiving anyways?

All She Wants for Christmas is a book about a second chance of love. In it, you will meet Riley and Ethan. They dated for a while in High School, until the day everything changed for them. With on rotten mistake, their lives were changed. Riley walked into her best friends room and say her and Ethan, naked and in bed. Right then and there, she ran. Ran away from her home and life in that small town. Left without
♡Karlyn P♡
I read this as part of the anthology 'Naughty and Nice'.

Riley Jensen, a famous country western singer, returns to her small hometown against her wishes and reconnects with her ex Ethen Kent, who once broke her heart and later married her backstabbing best friend. Ethen feels terrible for all the wrongs he did Riley years ago. Now a widow with a young child, he finds himself reluctantly hanging with Riley again to please his daughter who is a big fan. Riley’s stage manager does some matchmaking
Dina
The "hero" cheats on the heroine. 'Nuff Said!

Note: This story is also available in Naughty and Nice anthology.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Own in: Jaci Burton The Kent Brothers Trilogy: All She Wants For Christmas\A Rare Gift\The Best Thing

I finally got around to this one - I thought it would be better based on the h finds H in bed w/ her bff and takes off; becomes a country/pop rock star & returns yrs later to her small town.

This one suffers from the short length - if you want the tropes with very light angst and no depth, try this one. h takes H back - even does the pursuing IMHO - and then writes a song how it was her fault.
Arlene
What a pleasant holiday surprise! I definitely enjoyed All She Wants for Christmas and I’ll be sure to check out Jaci Burton’s other holiday books if not this season, surely next year.

Riley Jensen and Ethan Kent were high-school sweethearts until she caught him cheating with her best friend. Riley takes the first bus out of their small town with her suitcase and guitar and heads to Nashville, Tennessee. Ten years later, Riley visits her hometown that she ran-away from, and her town waits with o
Polo
Mar 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
" didn't like it" ..... noooooo its not all that. its more like "oh my god i hate it"
Why oh why cant these heroines have a little more backbone and give these so-called heroes a kick in the ~ wherever they want.
If loving someone means (according to the author) having no self respect or pride or forgiving bastards (pardon my language; am just very much irritated after reading the story) i DON't WANT TO FALL IN LOVE ..EVER ..
The End.
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
I should have read some reviews before starting this one because I didn't realise the hero had cheated on the heroine with her best friend and that was why they split, then he went on to marry the bestie. Ugh. Cheating is one of my limits so it was kind of doomed from like page 5 when it came out what he had done and it was too short to for me to really get over it and like him. This is not a good Christmas read, I'm bummed when I was in the mood for a sweet/sexy romantic Christmas story.
Danielle
Dec 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Holidays so I had to read this novella . Jaci Burton can sure bring the heat, but in this book Burton gives you a sweet, romantic, and a forgiving captivating story.

Riley Jensen is a Country singer that returns hometown after her publicist comes up with the taping a Christmas special there. Riley ran as fast as she could from a town after seeing her boyfriend in bed with her then best friend. She never looked back, never talked to them again until her publicist wanted footage for a bi
LaFleurBleue
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short story - around 85 pages - a format which I usually do not really like as it does not allow much room for characterization, development and emotions. However this one worked out really well on most aspects: both main characters were likable and seemed really humane, the small town used in background did not look too much like a hallmark poster, secondary characters were just outlined though it's a bit too easy to guess the stories of both other brothers. I bought quite easily the ...more
Nicole
Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: 12/6/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

Riley Jensen is a big name country music star, who was talked into doing a documentary in her childhood home town. Not really wanting to go back, she grudgingly agrees and within moments of arriving in town, finds herself face to face with the man who broke her heart and caused her to leave in the first place.

Ethan Kent loved Riley for as long as he could remember, and still dealt with the loss of her every day. But his d
Paige
Jan 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, 2012-books, nook
I wouldn't consider this to be a 'regular length' book. Although in the nook it was 250 pages, there were a number of times that it skipped some pages. The story itself was lovely and I can't wait to read the second one.

10 years ago, Riley Jensen found her boyfriend in bed with her best friend Amanda Richfield. Not waiting to find out the reason behind it, she runs and focused herself on creating the career of a lifetime. Now, she a big time country singer star, known for her heart filled songs
Daphne
Nov 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, romance, series, review
Gone Pecan

Singer/songwriter Riley Jensen steps off the bus in her hometown and runs right into the boy/man who broke her heart, and his seven year old daughter Zoey, who is a big fan. Of course, Ethan was the very last person she wanted to see, but her publicist gives him and his daughter backstage passes to her concert.

Riley and Ethan were high school sweethearts, but she ran off to Nashville as fast as she could when she discovered Ethan had cheated on her. Her entire career was built off the
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Not my favorite Christmas Story. The H and h were high school sweet hearts and in love until the h found the H in bed with her best friend. She runs off and becomes a big country star and returns 10 years later.

So the H ends up marrying the OW because she is pregnant even though he's pretty sure it isn't his. She has a miscarriage but they stay married and have another child and then she dies. The h ends up crying and feeling bad because she wasn't there for her best friend. WAIT A MINUTE - your
Sofia Grey
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh... It was Delicious! Short, heart-tugging without crossing over to cheesy, and sensual n steamy too. It packed a punch for a novella. I was moved to tears at least twice and desperately wanted Riley to finally get together with Ethan. The last time she saw him, 10 years earlier, he'd been in bed with her best friend... How could they possibly recover from there?

I wanted to downgrade it to 4 stars on account of it simply not being long enough... But when I looked on Amazon, to my delight I
MountainKat
I liked it. Even though it was a novella. Even though there was the plot element of suspected cheating. And even though their was the whole cute kid aspect in the story.

I liked that the hero and heroine had both grown up and were able to move on from their pasts. Sure those feelings weren't gone, but they now being handled by adults rather than stupid teenagers. All in all, it worked and I'm glad I read it.
Maggie
Nov 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riley was too forgiving!!! Overall, the story was sweet and I enjoyed it but didn't love it.
Linda Sims
Sep 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tina "IRead2Escape"
I started this series by reading the 3rd book first, so I was a bit worried about now going back and reading the rest of the series in order. I shouldn’t have been concerned at all. All She Wants for Christmas is the 1st book in the Kent Brothers series and what a great read it was. I definitely recommend this book and this series to anyone looking for nice, short and sweet.

Ethan Kent cheated on his high school sweetheart with her best friend. When she stumbles on them in the act, or so she thin
Shari
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coming home sometimes isn’t easy, but when country singer Riley Jensen comes home, it throws up a lot of old emotions that have been buried for 10 years. Filming a documentary of Riley’s young life, Riley and her crew head back to her small Missouri hometown. Riley hasn’t returned in 10 years. Ten years ago she left suddenly when she found her best friend in bed with her boyfriend. Now those hurtful feelings are bubbling back up inside of her.

Ethan Kent made a mistake 10 years ago, but out of th
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Cute stand-alone story. Small town girl who grew up in foster homes runs away at 18 after finding her boyfriend in bed with her best friend. She goes on to becoming a successful country singer. After 10 years she comes back to her hometown as part of a biography video. She comes back to finding her ex-boyfriend had married her best friend, had a kid with her who was now 7 years old and her best friend had died 4 years ago. After the story goes about half way we realize how she found them in bed ...more
sparklyunikorn
4 stars

Riley held grudges for ten years. She came back to her hometown and she had to face her past. Eventually she had to deal with it. She learnt a lot of things and she started to let go, forgive and forget. To start anew, to start afresh.

This one was good. Story was heartwrenching, it got me sad. Anyway I liked the story. Romance was intense. Family gathering was really good. Chemistry and passion were there between Riley and Ethan. Done with this one, had read Book 2 and soon I'd be looking
Rachel
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Ethan and Riley! And absolutely adore Zoey, but how could you not!? I wish it was a little longer, but I really enjoyed it!
CaroB
Full of inconsistencies, and I just didn't like what Ethan had done. I felt the author urned what could have been a gripping premise for a book into a fluffy read.
Mary Baker
I think this novel had the potential to be a better-than-average book. The action was way too hurried to be believable; but then it's a Christmas story, and miracles do happen at Christmas.
Jamie
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All She Wants for Christmas is a quick, light read that is perfect for the holiday season. It hooked me enough to want to read the next in the mini-series.
Blackravens Reviews
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Blackraven’s Review:

All She Wants for Christmas is a magical story about forgiveness and love that will make you all warm and gooey inside. I absolutely loved this story and fell in the love with the characters instantly. Ms. Burton has done a wonderful job of capturing the spirit of Christmas with this compelling story.

Although Riley Jensen is dreading the fact that she’s been forced to face her past and all that entails, she embraces it like a true superstar. But what she learns is that sm
Adensanti
i never like cheater., but somehow i was just curious of how the plot is going to unfolded of what's the reason of the cheating and how the heroine accepted it and forgive the Hero and how sorry was the hero for cheating on the heroine. not many author can dig that up and gave me a satisfying feeling. and this book is one of those who also didnt ended up as my fave.

let's see.. one day, riley saw his BF naked in bed w/her ever BFF, amanda. being 18 at that time, she was enrage and leaving her hom
Lynsey
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listened to on audio. Narrated by Madison Vaughn.

I liked this narrator a lot. There's a lot of different characters in this, including a little girl, and she did a fabulous job of keeping them all identifiable and more importantly, without making your ears bleed. If you listen to a lot of audio like me, you will know how important it is not to be annoyed by the childrens voices in particular!

I love this book because not only is it a fabulously written love story but it really made me question my
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. romance book - cancer/second chance [s] 12 61 Oct 28, 2014 07:44AM

• Holiday Sparks
  • Naughty and Nice: A Holiday Romance Collection
  • It's Not Christmas Without You (Holloway, #1)
  • Believe
  • This Time Next Year
  • Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5)
  • Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers, #1)
  • Naughty & Nice: Three Holiday Treats
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Holiday Hideout
  • The Naughty List
  • Holly Lane (Destiny, #4)
  • Hunk for the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays, #1)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • Mistletoe in Manhattan
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more

Kent Brothers (3 books)
  • A Rare Gift (Kent Brothers, #2)
  • The Best Thing (Kent Brothers, #3)