Start by marking “Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1)

Fantasy Lover (Hunter Legends Series #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  76,149 Ratings  ·  3,178 Reviews
It might sound like a man's favorite fantasy -- to live
forever, destined to be the lover of thousands of women. But for Julian of Macedon, it's a nightmare. Once he was a proud Spartan general, now he's a love-slave, his essence magically held captive in a book, cursed to spend all eternity pleasing women. Then, one day, Grace Alexander summons Julian to fulfill her passi
Audiobook, Unabridged, 337 pages
Published June 19th 2009 by Macmillan Audio (first published February 18th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Fantasy Lover, please sign up.

Megan Hansen She writes them through 4 different series, here is the recommended order to read them all in. http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/wp-con...
Britney You read it through the site where you buy it. I get mine through amazon and it sends it to my iPad/kindle to read.

Mel
I couldn't wait to finish this book... but for all the wrong reasons. Even a 2 star rating seems generous.

Back in 2002, when this book first came out, it was probably fresh and exciting. But from then on a lot has evolved in UF/PNR-land and I think I've been 'spoiled' with good quality writing.

The writing was extremely simplistic, repetitive and annoying. The POV changing wasn't done well at all. The story was (I know: even for a PNR about a 2000 year old Spartan demi God) totally unrealistic.
Ana
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology, fantasy
I've been in fantasy mode lately. Hence this book. If I could give more than 2 stars, I would. Sadly, I cannot.

Beth F.
Nov 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who doesn't feel the need to take romance novels seriously
With a title like “Fantasy Lover” I was not expecting this book to be so riotously funny! Gorgeous man, yes. Sexual tension, for sure. Hot sex, hell yeah. But comedy? Who knew?!? HAHA! I’m on the verge of busting out into one of those snorting, wheezing laughs that makes your cheeks hurt just remembering the hilarious heinosity (I realize that isn’t a real word) that filled the pages of this book.

Him
Julian of Macedon is an ancient warrior of the Macedonian variety (hence the name “Julian of Mace
Exina
"So, what’s your style preference?"
"For what I have in mind, nudity works best."

Fantasy Lover is an amazing prequel to the Dark-Hunter series, based on Greek Mythology, the love story of Julian and Grace.

Julian, who was the most feared Macedonian general of his time, was betrayed and cursed to be a love slave for all time. Grace is the only one who is able to break this curse.

Grace is always rational, maybe too rational: she tries to find sense even in lust.
She couldn’t very well let him joi
Maya
This is not my first book by this author and I actually started off with this series by reading the sequel of this story. I know, strange, but it worked for me. I liked the sequel enough to read this story. And I love, love, loved it!!! The story is a mix of greek ancient time, where gods still rulled the world and the present time where the gods sadly still rule but more so in the background. But it's not just gods and myths, there are also some other supernatural beeings that make the plot rea ...more
Pam
3.75 wishful stars
Blessed by Aphrodite’s divine touch, he grew into such a man that no woman could deny him her body. For when it came to the Art of Love, he knew no equal— his stamina far beyond that of any mere mortal man. His desires hot and wild, he could never be tamed. Or denied.

Fantasy Lover is the first book in the Dark Hunter series, a delicious paranormal take on the genie in the lamp, except instead of rubbing the lamp you make a birthday wish, substitute a Greek love-slave for th
Julianna
Fantasy Lover is the first full-length novel by Sherrilyn Kenyon that I have read, and I absolutely loved it. It was packed with thoroughly romantic moments and beautiful sensuality that was sheer perfection for me, and that was even without the hero and heroine actually having sex until the very end of the book. I consider myself to be a very girly girl, and I find that Ms. Kenyon's writing style has a very feminine quality that is very appealing to me. I like the balance that she finds between ...more
Beatriz
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro romántico hasta la médula, con una muy buena dosis de erotismo. Es una novela livianita, pero muy, muy entretenida. Debo reconocer que me la devoré.

Al principio, la utilización de la mitología griega para sustentar la parte fantástica se hace un poco absurda (probablemente es así hasta el final), pero la historia se va poniendo tan entretenida, que hasta eso se perdona.
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Well, this is the first book from the Dark Hunter series, and I have to say there wasn't any dark-hunting in this one XD As is with all the first books, we get to see the introduction in this whole new world the author created (Greek gods! I mean - YUMMY!) I was always fascinated with mithology, and this one is right up my alley :)

Julian is a half-god, cursed in a book to be a love-slave through eternity. He is immortal, and has been cursed for two thousand years (!!!). One night, Grace and her

This was an okay paranormal romance, but it dragged a bit.

Grace was a woman who didn’t have much experience with men, but knew that she didn’t need one, no matter what her best friend told her. I liked that she didn’t immediately drag Julian to bed when he showed up, even though she was attracted to him.

The storyline in this centred on Julian trying to break his curse, and Julian and Grace slowly falling in love. That being said, although they spent time together, it still seemed like one moment
Jilly
The best part of this book? Grace's dinner: Four pieces of pizza, two Hostess cupcakes, and four glasses of wine. Now, that's something I can relate to. Conjuring a Greek-god sex slave that finds the normal, slightly chubby Grace irresistible? Not so much.

Considering how much this guy has been around....

Anything Greek mythology related and I usually love it. There was a little bit of mythology, along with some Roman and Greek history. *But*, there was mostly a romance that included a lot of "hea
Jen
The only way this book is even remotely tolerable is to read it aloud with a friend so that you can truly appreciate the ridiculousness of it. It is repetitive, stupid, and horribly written. I can't believe this woman is being published, and is a best-selling author on the NYTimes list. It's kind of scary. This books also takes the prize for being the worst book I've ever read in my life, and that includes that ones I read during my 8th grade romance novel phase.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Fantasy Lover is the 1st book in The Entire Dark-Hunterverse Series and whilst it was not one of my favorites, I did enjoy reading it.

One of the things I liked about it was the main character, Julian –son of a legendary Spartan general becoming commander of the Macedonian army.
 photo f3eb57fe198458799ce502bc667ec223_zps3y3hmnus.jpg
Betrayed and angering the Greek gods, he was cursed for all eternity, trapped inside a book and released once a month to be used as a sex slave by whoever opened the said book.

Now, that doesn’t sound too bad!!!! To be u
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
What a great book. Definitely an A+. Sherrilyn just has a gift for making characters that you shed tears for and fall in love with. Julian really touched my heart and I felt for him in his pain. SK also has a great way with telling ancient history so that you're riveted. I admit I'm a history buff anyway, but she just brings it to light in a vivid and interesting way. And she seems fairly accurate in a way that Xena and Hercules aren't always. Her books make me want to go out and buy a book on a ...more
Grecia Robles
4 STARS

Julian de Macedônia, Julian de Macedonia, Julian de Macedonia

NADA, no aparece mi esclavo sexual.

Ya poniéndome seria, me gustó mucho este libro y es que todo lo que tenga que ver con mitología griega me encanta sacan mi friki interior.

Es una historia muy romántica, en muchas partes me conmovió sobre todo Julian por todas las cosas que tuvo que pasar y también tiene partes divertidas y otras sexys. Julian y Grace eran muy monos hace tiempo que quería usar esa palabra hahaha me encanta
Buggy
Opening Line: "Honey, you need to get laid."

This was my first Sherrilyn Kenyon book and honestly it was a struggle to get through. All I could think was what am I missing? I mean the Dark Hunter series is SO popular there must be something wrong with me because this, well this was a grind.

Fantasy Lover has its moments, the premise is unique and intriguing; an ex Spartan general cursed to spend eternity as a love slave trapped inside a book. He’s released every so often to be the sexual playthin
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Kübra Yağmur
Bu kitabı bin kere de okusam tepkim resimdeki gibi olacak sanırım.

description

Kitap, beni PNR romanlarına âşık eden iki kitaptan biri olması bir yana (diğeri de Sisli Dağların Ötesinde) gerçekten, bambaşka bir adamın, Makedonyalı Julian’ın, tüm o çekiciliğini kelimelere yansıtılıp iliklerinize kadar hissetmenizi sağlayan bir kitaptı. Çünkü adam duygusal ve yaralı! İki bin yıl boyunca bir kitaba hapsolmuş olmakla kalmamış yaşamı boyunca sevgi nedir bilmemiş bir adamdan bahsediyoruz.

Ah Julian, Juliah, Julian.
Maria Clara
Pues la verdad no sé qué decir... La historia está bien, me ha gustado, pero hasta ahí; no hay más tras cerrar el libro. Supongo que leeré alguno más, a ver si soy capaz de enamorarme de esta serie. :)
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
23/8/2016
Yeap... I'll re-read the whole series!!

***********************************************

Dark Hunter is a very loved series for me. Being Greek  I grew up with the legends and myths the series is based on and that just makes the series extra special.

Growing up I had this set of books(eight of them) that were the re-telling of Greek Mythology written in simple words and illustrated for children. I loved those books. Since kindergarden my mother would read them to me every night. I remember
Stacia (the 2010 club)
This is going to be a comprehensive review for my thoughts on the 13 books and novellas that I've read in the series up to this point, so this review could be on the long side. Since I spent the past couple of weeks plowing through several of these books, I wanted to get some of my thoughts down on the series as a whole (so far) instead of writing out long reviews for each book, especially since many of my thoughts overlap from book-to-book. I might get up some mini-reviews/notes on the other bo ...more
Valerie
Aug 13, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Fantasy Lover is a book rooted solidly in ancient Greek history. I quote:

Blessed by Aphrodite's divine touch, he [Julian of Macedon:] grew into such a man that no woman could deny him her body. For when it came to the Art of Love, he knew no equal -- his stamina far beyond that of any mere mortal man. His desires hot and wild, he could never be tamed.

Who knew mythology could be so hot interesting? I especially appreciated the capitalization used for emphasis in "the Art of Love". That's when I k
Carmen
Feb 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
I read this because after reading The Pleasure Slave by Gena Showalter, everyone told me that her book was a pale imitation of this one.

Not so.

While I found Showalter's novel to be silly, funny, and sweet, this one seemed dark, sad, and clichéd. (All romance novels are clichéd...but this one was worse than normal, IMO).

I expect one or two problems in the novels - personal problems that the characters have - that will be solved by love and good sex. However, instead of presenting me with a manage
Arlene
One moment while I confirm my blush in the mirror…. Yup… I’m still crimson after reading this book. Holy Greek GAWDS this book was steamy, but definitely a helluva lot of fun to read. :D I loved the two main characters Julian and Grace. Their dialog, their interactions with each other, their moments… wow!! All very squee-worthy and exciting.

Fantasy Lover is definitely not my normal read, but every now and then, I enjoy putting some spice into the mix and this book definitely delivered. It’s fast
Dina
This was my first book by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I've read (and liked) some of the books she wrote under the name Kinley MacGregor, but I didn't know if I could use them as a reference because authors who change their pen names usually do it to establish different writing styles. Anyway, this couldn't be "bad" because, WTH, it's still the same person writing the books, right?

Well... I liked this book but didn't love it. I had some laughs - which weren't always from laughing with the story, but from l
Marulett
OH MY GOSHH!!!! Thanks to Aly, Ive found a new series to obsess about :)

I was hooked to this story right from the start, I thought the story was going to be SUPER cheesy with all the guy steps out of a book and ends up falling for the girl...but NO, its not cheesy AT ALL.

Grace is one of my fave heroines from this point on...and Julian, oh my...he is to die for!!!!

Im in love with this series, and I hope this level of epicness goes on and on!!

Şeyma
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Sayfalarca anlatmak istiyorum ama hiçbir şey yazamıyorum çok güzeldi be..
MissCherry
Lo que era una lectura y luego se convirtió en una relectura. Es un libro entretenido y divertido, sin mucho más. Puede que siga la saga aunque no me he quedado con ansias de más.
PNR/UF Addicts & ...: December 2015 Adult BOTM: Fantasy Lover 10 82 Jan 15, 2016 08:19PM
What's The Name o...: Help I can't remember the name of this book! [s] 6 96 Dec 11, 2014 03:19PM
Recommendations? 9 102 Apr 02, 2014 08:46AM
Kenyons Minions: Fantasy Lover BOTM 120 126 Dec 11, 2013 11:43PM
Sherrilyn Kenyon books 23 134 Aug 06, 2013 10:14PM
Sherrilyn Kenyon Books on sale for $1.99 on Amazon 2 36 Aug 06, 2013 10:07PM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dark Demon (Dark, #13)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Hunter Legends Series (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
“You know, I would date, if I could find a man worth shaving my legs for. (Grace)” 493 likes
“Cupid, you worthless bastard, I summon you to human form! (Julian)
Gee, I can't imagine why he wouldn't respond to that. (Grace)”
329 likes