Start by marking “Nothing Else Matters” as Want to Read:
Nothing Else Matters

Nothing Else Matters

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A powerful and moving story based on real events in the Lebanese civil war in the 1980's. Lamia and her family are caught up in the fighting, with tragic consequences. Lamia struggles with the hatred that threatens to destroy her, until she grasps that forgiveness and love are the most important things. Nothing else matters.
170 pages
Published 2002 by Scripture Union (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Else Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Else Matters

Eric Boot
May 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
School read. Not even trying to explain how bad this was compared to the other books I read at the same time (THE AMAZING, FANTASTIC, FREAKING EPIC CROWN OF MIDNIGHT)
Marjolein
Not even the worst book I've read for English this year ;)
Shannon
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It was amazing!!! I loved the way that it linked back to a time in history where lots of fighting and stuff happened. I loved the way that the author wrote it from a third person's point of view so that when you read the book you feel like you're there. I loved the way that it was a package. It was the perfect combination of adventure, mystery, romance and comedy. Overall I think that this is the best book that I have read so far, I give it a 5+. I loved the way that the author wrote it so that ...more
Emma Filbrun
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As the story opens, 16-year-old Lamia is concerned about her twin brother Amin, and trying to shield him from their father. Amin is training to defend his Christian community from the Muslims who are threatening them as tensions build between people of the two faiths. Soon, open war breaks out...

Read my full review here.

Hannah Walsh
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We forgive because we have been forgiven, and we love because we have been loved. Lamia, did anyone ever conquer hate with hate, or darkness with deeper darkness?"

Such a powerful, wonderful story. It makes it all the more heartbreaking and impactful knowing that so many of the events in this story really did happen, and not that long ago. I highly recommend this.
mirela Darau
Jul 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favourite books by patricia St john together with Star of Light and Treasures of the Snow. What impressed me was first of all the story and then the strong characters, the drama of Lamia and her tough way to maturity..
Mandi
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mandis-shelf
Beautiful story of Christ's forgiveness + some very important Lebanese and Palestinian history. I love this author and though I prefer her children's fiction, I found this to be an excellent read.
Ivy Rose
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow...this is one of my favorite Patricia St. John books. Be prepared to cry...it's heartwrenching.
Carolyn Schofield
Dec 27, 2013
Amie Geyman
Dec 11, 2014
Debora
rated it did not like it
May 31, 2016
Aug 29, 2014
Bryan
May 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Patricia Mary St. John spent 27 years as a dedicated missionary to North Africa - and was also a prolific children's writer. Her books are loved and treasured around the world; some have been turned into stirring films. Gripping adventures which cover real life issues are her hallmark.
More about Patricia St. John...