Start by marking “Nothing Else Matters (Sam Casey Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nothing Else Matters (Sam Casey Mystery, #2)

Nothing Else Matters (Sam Casey Mystery #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  166 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A staunch opponent of gambling is found murdered on a riverboat casino.
Hardcover
Published by Full Moon Publishing (first published June 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Else Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Else Matters

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman AlexieThe Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman AlexieBeyond Oria Falls by Sheryl SealLove Medicine by Louise ErdrichCeremony by Leslie Marmon Silko
Native American Fiction
614 books — 590 voters
Keeper of the Unicorns by Sahara FoleyHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingFate Twister by Owen  JonesBeltane by Lenora HensonA Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Witches
287 books — 192 voters

More lists with this book...

S.D.
Jul 22, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Book Description:

He's known by the code name, Sparrow. Authorities can only identify him by the tattoo on the back of his hand. Sparrow is a gun for hire and his next target is Reverend Emmett Smith. His orders are to kill the Reverend on the River Queen Casino. But just before he pulls the trigger, someone beats him to it.

The Reverend is carrying $50,000 in counterfeit money. Sparrow soon realizes the fee he was paid is counterfeit. Sparrow is one man you don't want to cross.

Detective Sergeant
Adrienne Testa
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sam, Jake, Jackie and Carl are back, with a story that continues to build with each chapter. The pace so much better than the first story, you just keep turning the pages to learn the truth of the man known as Sparrow. Sparrow is a mercenary, who comes in to Sam's life due to the murder of a pastor on a gambling river boat. Jake won't allow Sam into his case, until Sam learns more about Sparrow through her native American gifts. The surprises are plentiful that changes everyone's lives, as the t ...more
NormaCenva
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a total surprise to me. I don't usually read plot lines like that. But I was hooked from the very beginning. Easy, full and heart-warming read. It looks like you really are close to the main characters, the amount of details given are delightfully picture-provoking.
Would move to the next book in the series and will try to catch up with the story lines. Oh, yes and the main character is such a lovely right up, very nicely done!
Wendy Jensen
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
An outstanding read! I am enjoying the series with Detective Sergeant Samantha Casey and her family. Known only as "Sparrow", a killer for hire, you will be amazed how the story of him unfolds. The last sentence of this book is a zinger!

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads as a bonus with The Tunnel!
Thomas Roth
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Surprise ending.
Gordon
Jun 23, 2011 rated it liked it
A good read. I didnt find it as good as the first book in the series.
Rose Zamy
Decent mystery. . . have read the others S. D. Tooley has written.
Judith
May 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
By all of my reading tastes, this series should not appeal to me. Somehow it is breaking the rule and I am enjoying it. There are too many “You’ve got to be kidding me” parts, but all in all not bad.
Janie  R.
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Wow! Intense,suspenseful,mysterious,a page turner-definitely! This is the 2nd book in the Sam Casey series, and if there were more than 5 stars in the ratings- it would have it!
Marilyn
Val
Mar 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Good Die Twice
  • Dead Suite (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #4)
  • Hate at First Sight
  • The Cold Heart of Capricorn (Elizabeth Chase, #2)
  • Modern Disciples: Volume 1
  • Beyond Belief
  • A Corpse's Nightmare (Fever Devilin, #6)
  • Men with Broken Faces - 2014 edition
  • Crone's Moon (A Rowan Gant Investigation #5)
  • Lumpini Park (Abby Kane FBI Thriller, #4)
  • Capture (Cryptid Chronicles, #2)
  • Wrath and Bones (The Marnie Baranuik Files #4)
  • Cataclysm (Supernova Saga, #2)
  • A Murder of Crones
  • Whisper In The Dark
  • All for a Rose (The Blood Realm #1)
  • Dying Light (Jesse Sullivan, #4)
AKA -- LEE DRIVER -- Whenever my husband is asked to describe me in one word, he usually says "strange." I used to subscribe to Dr. J. Allen Hyneks's UFO reporter. And although I was a fan of Nancy Drew in my teens, I quickly segued to Stephen King and Dean Koontz. My interests are all over the place so it's no wonder I have been a car salesman, sales assistant, administrative assistant, seminar c ...more
More about S.D. Tooley...

Sam Casey Mystery (8 books)
  • When the Dead Speak (Sam Casey Mystery, #1)
  • Restless Spirit (Sam Casey Mystery, #3)
  • Echoes from the Grave (Sam Casey Mystery, #4)
  • What Lies Within (Sam Casey Mystery, #5)
  • Destiny Kills
  • The Tunnel
  • Buried Secrets (Sam Casey Mystery #8)