Start by marking “Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)” as Want to Read:
Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)

Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  10,367 Ratings  ·  206 Reviews
Unable to avoid being drawn into the terrible conflict, Auraya, now protector of the Siyee, fears she will be unable to meet the conditions of the all-powerful gods she once served. And an offer from a mysterious woman may be impossible for Auraya to refuse, but, if revealed, would brand her an enemy of the gods. Now, the immortal Wilds will not be deterred in their quest ...more
Published 2007 by Orbit (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Voice of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voice of the Gods

Iris
Jun 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle, 2010
I pretty much read this book in one day flat! Towards the end of the second book the storyline really picks up, and then this whole third book is literally unputdownable!

I'm just so impressed with the whole storyline; how different people's stories overlap and intertwine to combine into this really rich and complex narrative. Most of the characters were really well fleshed out and believable. Some of the points of view are more interesting than others (personally I always enjoyed the bits with
Charlie
5 immortal stars!!

Every time I read this series it just gets even more enjoyable. After 10 years it's still my favourite fantasy series of all time.
Trevis
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would have given this more stars if I could but alas... I started reading this book on 5pm Thursday 15th Sept 2011 and finished at 6am Friday 16th Sept 2011... then put it down... took a 5mins respite, got up drank one more coffee and went about my day.

If there's one thing I can say about AoF, its damningly original, easy to sink into and don't let up until the last page of the trilogy. I have personally never read any other of Trudi work but that's is about to change.

I'm very surprise at how
Ian
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-fantasy
This review has previously been posted at Another World Book Blog.

It’s fair to say that the first two books of The Age Of The Five Trilogy were underwhelming to me. In spite of this I held on to the hope that history would repeat itself; that the third instalment of this Trudi Canavan trilogy would blow me away in the same manner as book three of The Black Magician Trilogy, had done. Regrettably, my hope was misplaced. Not only is Voice Of The Gods not in the same league as, The High Lord, it i
Raven
Oct 20, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, owned
I feel conflicted. In the beginning of this novel or more like the first half of it I thought that the writer had finally started getting somewhere and I actually was enjoying it more then the first two novels. With the last, say, 200 pages though, I wasn’t feeling enjoyment as much as frustration. The fact of the matter is one of the characters is so moronic in that part you want to throw the book across the room. It doesn’t help that she keeps going over a question to which you’ve possibly fig ...more
Dannii (lilbob1980)
Oct 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
Why oh why did it take Auraya so long to wake up and figure things out, it is rare that i figure things out before the main character as usually i am so emmersed in the story that i just take it as it comes. It was slightly annoying that she was so slow.

Other than that this was a great end to the trilogy, although when i first started reading this i thought it was going to be a series of five books. It was quite an easy read and i was able to emmerse myself in the book fairly easily.

If you have
Tierney
Caution : Spoilers!!

Omg. Best book in the series by far, but it had a crap ending. I mean, i wanna know if Auraya and Mirar got back together, how the world survived without the gods, what happened to everyone. AHH. But i asked the author if she's writing another and she said no :/. Ah well, atleast it ended kinda well. But still, too abrupt with too much info left out.
This was the only book in the series that i actually looked forward to reading, i was really getting into it and couldnt wait to
Gabriel
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I pushed through today so I could finish this. Nothing really happened until the last 200 pages and hooollyyy shit the last 50 pages!! I was so close to believing this would turn out to be bad, but it took a massive turn.

I absolutely love the way Canavan explores the uses and ways of magic in all her books.
Stuart
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anthony Fisher
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed all of the books written by this author and once again this book achieved the same high standard. You either enjoy this genre or you do not. Pure escapism.

This book was the last of the 'Age of 5' trilogy and all of the loose ends were skilfully dealt with. However, I had guessed the main twist regarding the 'Gods' well before the end of the book - I will not spoil this aspect for any other readers. This did not detract my enjoyment of the book, which I found to be the usual page
Dhia Citrahayi
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, fantasi
Apa yang kamu lakukan bila kamu melihat tumpukan buku tebal + diskon dengan harga yang sangat menggiurkan, lalu menyadari bahwa genre buku tersebut merupakan genre yang kamu sukai?
Apa kamu akan mengabaikan tumpukan buku-buku itu?
Cuma melihat-lihat dan sekedar lewat saja?
Atau kamu akan kalap dan mengacak-ngacak tumpukan buku itu demi mendapat buku yang kamu inginkan?

Dan saya melakukan pilihan ketiga

Saya mendapatkan ketiga buku ini dengan harga yang cukup murah, yaitu 75000 untuk tiga buah buku.
Magda Pais
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own, 2017
Inesperado. Apesar de se algumas situações reveladas neste terceiro livro da trilogia, a verdade é que algumas das revelações são surpreendentes, tal como a forma como se chega lá.

Confesso (e sem querer ser spolier) que a visão dos Deuses que A Idade dos Cinco nos traz é algo semelhante com a minha. Mas Trudi Canavan vai mais longe nessa visão e mostra como os mortais (e imortais) se podem revoltar contra os Deuses, tomando as rédeas do seu próprio destino.

Fiquei, mais uma vez, encantada com est
Bakasura
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Globally, I enjoyed reading these books. While it took me time to get interested in the story due to a start that I found slow, it became much more interesting in the 2nd book. I liked most point of view characters, how the world was built, the fact that things are rarely what they initially seem to be. What I liked less was that I found the ending to be a little bit rushed, what happens in the 3rd part of the 3rd book could have filled an entire book in itself. It will be hard to discuss with m ...more
Hayley
Kai
Dec 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
started 07/10/2009

This was a fantastic conclusion to a very good trilogy. I'd figured out most of the ending before I got to the second book, but I loved the interaction between the characters and the whole character build up. Canavan has a style of writing that really appeals and keeps you wanting to turn pages and finish the novel. My only problem was that I was looking for the next chapter right up until the last page and found I was disappointed there was no more.
Marzouq
Jan 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book
The conclusion of the trilogy is surprising and satisfying. That is why I like this series, there is a satisfying ending which leaves you like a full meal but you like it so much you still want more. Trudi knows how to make her trilogies, I just hope she comes out with new ones soon.
Assia
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Finally i've finished it. Basically the same complaints that I had with the other two books. Majority of characters were boring and the story was so so slow and the ending was so abrupt.

The magician trilogy is better. Also not the best fantasy out there but much nicer to read.
Dune Elliot
I enjoyed the entire 'Age of Five' trilogy but found that this final installment was a tad too predictable; I could see the end coming at the end of Book 2.
I did enjoy this book but would like to see more stories about 'The Wilds', they are what make the books more intriguing.
Hassaan
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Been years and years since I read this, but I still remember the big reveal at the end. It was brilliant, well executed, and brought a whole different meaning to the interactions characters had had since book #1
MJ
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW what a story! I loved this last book of the trilogy, although the last 3 pages I was a bit hmmmm naaaww. I found myself swept up in all the characters. The good the bad and the downright evil. Filled with hope, laughter , tears , agony and wonder. A definite must read!
Arinamidalem
Jul 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-series
Nicola
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
at the start it felt like it was another 'why am i bothering' book however at the end i was really glad i kept reading. there was a point to the story line !
nicely written
Alcalina
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Increible, épico, no me lo esperaba para nada. Trudi se sobrepasa más con cada libro
Rivalie (Le Petit Photograph)
3.5 out of 5 stars
Ida Electra
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, part-of-series
I really enjoyed reading this book, though it felt slow at times, as I was impatient to see how it would all play out. As the last book in the series, we get a lot of revelations in this book - some I suspected before having finished the first book, others were more surprising.
I enjoyed the continued character development in this book, and I especially love all the wilds. They are truly interesting characters that I would love to learn even more about.
The religion is, as it has been throughout
Sylvia van Bruggen
Elen-Hâf
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished-series
I enjoyed the first book in this series and the second book was pretty good, but this book was a little bit of a let down.
I did enjoy it at the beginning, but towards the end I just had enough. I could see what was going to happen about 150 p.g before it even happened and I got frustrated at the main characters for not getting it too.
I do wish that the story carried on just a little more at the end since it's been 50 years since the events happened. Just so that we know what happens with all t
Ale
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitivamente esta autora nunca me deja indiferente y menos descontenta.
Es una trilogía fascinante en la cual Trudi sabe como crear personajes para después desarrollarlos perfectamente y con personalidades únicas en toda la trilogía.
Como siempre mis elogios irán también al desarrollo de los personajes femeninos. Protagonistas, antagonistas o personajes secundarios; todas por igual son maravillosas. Ideologías claras, pensamientos propios, sin caer en los estereotipos.
Tres libros dignos de leer
Nicole
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • Lord of the Shadows (Second Sons, #3)
  • Emissary (Percheron, #2)
  • The Reluctant Mage (Fisherman's Children, #2)
  • Stormlord Rising (Watergivers, #2)
  • The Forbidden Land (The Witches of Eileanan, #4)
  • Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished, #5)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T
More about Trudi Canavan...

Age of the Five (3 books)
  • Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1)
  • Last of the Wilds (Age of the Five, #2)
“Wisdom and knowledge is everywhere, but so is stupity.” 63 likes
“Better to know the quick pain of truth than the ongoing pain of a long-held false hope.” 52 likes