Start by marking “E. M. Bounds on Prayer” as Want to Read:
E. M. Bounds on Prayer

E. M. Bounds on Prayer

Prayer That Gets Results
Prayer is the Christian’s lifeline to God, and with it lives are changed for eternity! E. M. Bounds knew the secrets of prayer and that God has established divine principles and promises for our every need. He reveals these principles and illustrates how God has answered the prayers of men and women since the beginning of Bible times. He also unco
Published May 1st 1997 by Whitaker House

To ask other readers questions about E. M. Bounds on Prayer, please sign up.

Mikejencostanzo
May 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
E.M. Bounds on Prayer is the biggest, fattest theology book I ever loved. I read through this book over the course of what must have been nearly a year. Every morning a few pages. It was wonderful.

I so treasure it when others record for posterity those precious, precious stories of answered prayer. I so easily forget that God hears and answers prayer. I need reminders like the ones author E.M. Bounds shares. He intersperses his teaching on prayer with stories of answered prayer at every turn --
Shine
May 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book! Okay so don't plan to finish this in one or two nights. I think it would work best as a devotional study.

Edward McKendree Bounds was born in the early 1800's and died in the early 1900's. So when you read his books you'll see how his writing style is a bit different than what we are used to reading in the 21st century today. Yet, its really easy to follow and you are just left amazed at how he unlocks the secrets to understanding the different paths of prayer in reaching Go
Brenda
This is a phenomenal book on having a powerful prayer life. It actually teaches you in a way that is easy to learn but so deep. I took my time with this one. This book needs to be read over and over because there is just so much information on the hows and whys to prayer. I am finding my prayer life changing and getting stronger. There are many Scriptures to back everything. I have bought this book for everyone in my family because I want to leave a legacy of learning to be strong prayer warrior ...more
Tamara Kronk
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Have finished the first of 7 books...and its been completely transformative for my prayer life. Definitely highly recommend so far!
Sean
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it
I never knew so much could be written about prayer! And I spent 7 years reading this book, and only made it half-way through. It was recommended to me, and it's great, but I just can't read that much at a time. It would be a great resource if you want to focus on a single aspect of prayer (because the book is broken down into 7 books).
Karen
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome book on prayer. Bounds' writing is scripturally based and is full of real anecdotes that bring his points home. Every time I read it, I go to a deeper level of prayer.
Kare
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW. BRILLIANT. This took me two years to read, because it is so heavy, but it was well worth it. Full review to come.
Amy
Nov 18, 2008 added it
love this book. i've been reading it for a long time, i read alittle at a time, it is so rich.
Leah
Sep 09, 2007 is currently reading it
Recommends it for: Christians
E. M. Bounds is a historical Christian minister. The book is something t read weekly for direction and encouragement. He encourages Christian's to grow stronger in the discipline of prayer.

I learned: If I pray about everything then I'll have greater peace.

Bounds has motivated me to pray more then last year. Also, he gives examples of Christian leaders falling because of a weak prayer life. So I won't let my life get in the way of prayer. Continue to pray and grow in the discipline of prayer.
Laura Carlton
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent and powerful book exhorting believers to have an active prayer life. It reminds us of the importance of praying expectantly. It reminds us of the Almighty power of our Great God! This book convicted and encouraged me to be an active prayer warrior! Let nothing replace your time in Gods Word but add this one to your library.
Jan
Jan 07, 2009 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Christ Follower
There is nothing new under the sun. This book was written at the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century. the subjects and items he was addressing at the time of the writing is just as timely today. You would think he was writing about problems in the church today!
Seth
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Best for slow, contemplative reading.
Mark
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read this along with "The Kneeling Christian" once every year - It will change your heart toward prayer.
Judith Scott
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God
  • Smith Wigglesworth on the Holy Spirit
  • You May All Prophesy
  • Do What Jesus Did: A Real-Life Field Guide to Healing the Sick, Routing Demons and Changing Lives Forever
  • A Diary of Private Prayer
  • Footprints Of A Pilgrim
  • The Gospel According to Peanuts
  • Bible Prayer Study Course
  • They Smell Like Sheep
  • Overcoming the Enemy: The Spiritual Warfare of the Believer
  • The Faith of Leap: Embracing a Theology of Risk, Adventure & Courage
Edward McKendree Bounds was a Methodist minister, revivalist, author and lawyer.

Unsuccessful in the California gold rush of 1849, E.M. Bounds returned home to Missouri and became the state’s youngest practicing attorney at age 19. In his early twenties he was deeply impacted by the Third Great Awakening, and at age 24 he was ordained for ministry. During his lifetime he pastored churches, traveled
“To pray is the greatest thing we can do: and to do it well there must be calmness, time, and deliberation; otherwise it is degraded into the littlest and meanest of things. True praying has the largest results for good; and poor praying, the least. We cannot do too much of real praying; we cannot do too little of the sham. We must learn anew the worth of prayer, enter anew the school of prayer. There is nothing which it takes more time to learn. —The Power of Prayer” 1 likes