Start by marking “Trapped on the D.C. Train! (Capital Mysteries, #13)” as Want to Read:
Trapped on the D.C. Train! (Capital Mysteries, #13)

Trapped on the D.C. Train! (Capital Mysteries #13)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  173 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
It’s a red, white, and blue mystery from popular A to Z Mysteries author Ron Roy!

Trapped on the D.C. Train!

In the thirteenth book of the Capital Mysteries—an early chapter book mystery series featuring fun facts and famous sites from Washington, D.C.— KC and Marshall have tickets for the express train out of Union Station. It even has a VIP car at the back for the vice p
Published May 24th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trapped on the D.C. Train!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped on the D.C. Train!

Amy
Feb 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-sfic
I absolutely love this series! This mystery takes off on a train out of Union Station and moves quickly from there!
Beverly McCall
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Ron Roy takes his main characters, K.C and Marshall, on another adventure. The characters are well developed and play off of each other. Their camaraderie makes them endearing to young readers. I love the way he develops his plot line. I can see classroom teachers using this book to help students understand the narrative arc.
Christy Love
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: el-230
This book is full of expense. KC, the main character, has a great imagination and also picks up on little details that others just let slip by. Even the way that the author writes coaxes the reader to pick up on the small little details. I think this would be a good topic starter on learning to be aware of your surroundings.
Dolly
Feb 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We are really enjoying the Capital Mysteries series by Ron Roy. We moved to the Washington DC area last year and love that we are learning more about the various historic locations nearby. Our girls enjoy the exciting plots and I like that they are interested in seeing the places we read about. This is an exciting story about a kidnapping plot on a train and it reminds me that I need to take our girls to Union Station sometime soon.

We are looking forward to the next book,Capital Mysteries #14:
Ernie Garcia
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book "Trapped on the DC Train" by Ron Roy is about KC and Marshall who are in a VIP car in a train with the vice president. When KC and her friend go to the snack cart Mandy puts something in the vice presidents coffee and in the secret services that makes them fall asleep. When they returned to the cart after 30minutes KC and Marshall go exploring meanwhile the people that drank coffee falled asleep and some guy that was pretending to work there unhooked their car because they wanted to kid ...more
M.
Apr 20, 2012 rated it liked it
3rd grade mystery, series book. Nice, gentle mystery for young readers. KC and Marshall are traveling by train with the US vice president to visit her farm for the weekend. On the way, some bad guys uncouple the vice president's railroad car and the vice president disappears. Not only that, it appears that the same someones want to kidnap KC. Where is the vice president? Who are the bad guys, and what do they want with KC? What can KC and Marshall do about it all?

With some ingenuity and some luc
Luke Ewell
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3rd-grade
KC is the step daughter of the President and criminals know that. If she was kidnapped she would be worth a lot of money. She, Marshall and the Vice President are going to her farm. They go to Union Station to go to the farm. No one is supposed to know they are on the train and the vice president is captured. Two secret service agents rescue the kids and vice president from the robbers.
Kaytee
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
they were in a train but evrey time the ligts went out then they did not see the vice president or the secret agents then they realized they were stuck on the train then the thiefs were the fake conducters and the snack bar lady! it was awsome
Caleb
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it. They have to get hidden because they are with a vice president in a back train car and then it gets unhooked, but they aren't in the car at the time so the train goes along without them and they have to hide.
Sydney
Oct 13, 2004 rated it it was amazing
when KC and Marshall get tickets to ride on the express train they sneak out of the train to go explore without the service agents even knowing and when they figure out that this person is going after them there trapped on the train and now where to run.
Luca
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Thta one is really creepy, I mean being searched for on the train? Scary.
Payton
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Its how KC and Marshall are going with the vice president to her house and they figure out that someone is trying to capture them.
Nathaniel
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked it. It's about KC and Marshall get trapped on a train in Washington DC and it's interesting.
Sara
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i was a little surprised when they where told there was no cute caboose.
Zachary
Apr 13, 2014
Sarah K Barksdale
Jan 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • The Zombie Project
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3)
  • Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #28)
  • The Abominable Snowman Doesn't Roast Marshmallows (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #50)
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • What Color Is My World?: The Lost History of African-American Inventors
  • The Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An Expedition to the Cloud Forest of New Guinea (Scientists in the Field Series)
  • The Final Battle (Tales from the Odyssey, #6)
  • The Story of Buildings: From the Pyramids to the Sydney Opera House and Beyond
  • Mermaid Queen: The Spectacular True Story Of Annette Kellerman, Who Swam Her Way To Fame, Fortune  Swimsuit History!
  • The Period Book: A Girl's Guide to Growing Up
  • Worst of Friends: Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and the True Story of an American Feud
  • Human Body: A Book with Guts! (Basher Science)
  • Ms. Frizzle's Adventures: Imperial China
  • Doodle Dandies: Poems That Take Shape
  • The Rainbow People
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)