Start by marking “Aya de Yopougon, Tome 6 (Aya, #6)” as Want to Read:
Aya de Yopougon, Tome 6 (Aya, #6)

Aya de Yopougon, Tome 6 (Aya #6)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  287 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
À Yopougon, comme à Paris, les histoires se dénouent, les vérités éclatent et chacun va devoir faire face à son destin. À commencer par Aya, qui a toujours un compte à régler avec son prof de biologie, le harceleur. Mais toutes les vérités sont-elles bonnes à dire et les histoires toutes réglées ?

Le sixième et dernier volume des aventures de Aya...

Published November 25th 2010 by Gallimard Jeunesse

To ask other readers questions about Aya de Yopougon, Tome 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aya de Yopougon, Tome 6

Paroles
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
[Read in French, but my review is in English, quand même.]

I didn't expect to be captivated by a graphic novel yet again (after Persepolis), but I was this time. "Aya" oozes charm. You take a volume in your hands and land in a far-away, but irresistibly cosy place where people are so much closer to each other than what you see around. At the same time, although the names, dresses and proverbs are exotic, the relationships and emotions couldn't be easier to relate to.

Also, "Aya" is almost encyclop
Philippe Lhoste
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bd-europ-enne, humour
Aah, en finissant ce volume, j'avais l'impression que tous les arcs narratifs étaient parvenus à une conclusion, et effectivement l'éditeur confirme que c'est le dernier tome.
Du coup, je mets la note maximale, parce que j'ai vraiment apprécié cette série.
Le dessin peut sembler maladroit / raide par moments, mais il est quand même élégant, documenté, naturel.
Et l'histoire est est toujours aussi attachante.
Excellent.
Val
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed that comic book immensely. The author brought up many topics that are still being discussed nowadays such as immigration, LGBTQ, unscrupulous professors etc… It is the first book from Aya’s collections that I read, and I cannot wait to start the other ones.
The author’s explanation at the end of the book gives the book a bit more authenticity and allowed me to understand the text better.
Overall, I highly recommend to someone who is looking to read a comic that offers a different perspec
Ibaia
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is really awesome. There is just some "spicy" parts in the book. So just a reminder...
Judy
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice wrap up of everyone with a happy ending. I hope she writes more with this character !
Buchdoktor
Grégoire hat im Priesterhabit Wunderheilungen versprochen und das Geld gutgläubiger Menschen veuntreut. Ein wild zur Selbstjustiz entschlossener Mob ist ihm deshalb auf den Fersen. Didier wirbt noch immer um Aya. Moussas Vater lässt seinen Sohn aus erzieherischen Gründen bewusst eine Weile im Knast, ohne sich um seine Freilassung zu kümmern. Immo, der noch immer keine Aufenthaltserlaubnis hat, erlebt Frankreich zum ersten Mal außerhalb von Paris, als er mit Sébastien dessen Eltern besuchen fährt ...more
Chelsea
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A compilation of Aya books #4-6, which are kinda teenage soap opera in style (like Betty and Veronica) but less vapid (even though I love Betty and Veronica... I am specifically thinking of how fashion is an important part of the artwork) and set in Paris, Abijan, and surrounding villages in Ivory Coast. I'm going to look for the other volumes as well.
Alvaro Soffia
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novela-gráfica
Una lástima que las historias de Aya terminen con esta sexta y última entrega. Insisto en que amerita una edición integral.

SI bien en esta ocasión se resuelven varios de los nudos dramáticos o argumentales, hay otros que se enredan o que deliberadamente quedan sin resolver. Lo que da pie a pensar que habría una parte 7 o una continuación en cine, no queda claro, porque buscando por ahí no existen certezas al respecto.

La vida en Yopougon sigue a su ritmo y nada la va a detener. Lo que me hace p
The_Mad_Swede
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2017, african
This volume collects albums four through six of Marguerite Abouet and Clément Oubrerie's series about the young woman Aya and her friends in an Ivory Coast suburb in the late 1970s to early 1980s, which began in Aya: Life in Yop City .

It is nice to reconnect with the various characters in the large ensemble, some of whom (like the hairdresser Innocent, who goes to Paris) are given a bit more space in this second half of the series. As such the series continues to deliver on its basic premise of
Taneka
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
This was a really fun read. I wish there were more, but I think that this is the last installment. The graphic novel is suppose to give you insight into how life is in a Côte d'Ivoire or Ivory Coast town. I hope people from this area are not totally like these characters. Aya, the main character, seems to always be in someone else business and they all seem to speak in parables. I couldn't get the reference of some of the parables, but many I understood. If someone talked to me in this form, I w ...more
Koen Claeys
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit is het laatste deel in de reeks en het einde voelt nogal gehaast aan, alsof de auteurs er vervroegd een punt hebben achter gezet. Vooral het verhaal van Innocent vraagt uitdrukkelijk om meer. Helaas hebben de auteurs in interviews laten weten dat we niet moeten rekenen op een nieuwe 'Aya', dat ze er voorlopig geen zin meer in hebben ( bv. : http://www.afrik.com/tout-le-monde-pe... ). Spijtig. Desalniettemin heb ik van de eerste tot de laatste pagina enorm genoten van deze charmante strip die ...more
Michelle
A gem.

There are additional characters and thus more story lines to follow in this volume, so at times it was a little confusing to keep everyone's new relationships and drama in mind, but still wholly enjoyable and charming. These added story lines also mean you spend less time with everyone...but I'm hoping there will just be more books to remedy that!
Abel
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Una buena colección de 6 tomos que termina bien abierta en sus tramas, pero que ofreció una mirada desconocida para mí, pero muy interesante, social y cultural. Muy buen trabajo sobre la cotidianeidad de los marfileños (?)
Hassanchop
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I really like the first book when drawn and quarterly published it and it finally finished but it is real tough reading the last three books at once. All the flaws just jump out at you. I'm happy that the got to finish it but I feel it was a little bit like be careful what you wish for
Adira
Favorite book from series! I seriously hope that this one isn't the end of the Aya series. The way intended seems like there should be more to the story. I'm happy everyone is happy...ok not EVERYONE....,,but I want more!
Msrosie Velt
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome graphic novel about life and love in Yop City!!
Nadia
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, in-french
A couple of the plot thread resolutions were a little awkward and there was too much going on but overall a good read and I'm so glad I decided to go back and finish this series.
Barbara
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious African soapie with feisty heroines, brave heroes, derpy anti-heroes and happy endings for everyone. (Well, almost everyone.)
Saoirse
Énorme coup de coeur pour cette excellente série. Les histoires se dénouent dans ce sixième et dernier tome.
Carole
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable , cultural eye opener
Rena
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. I wish there were more volumes.
Oriana
Apr 21, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-with-pix
man, I get so many amazing rec's from Tuck. thanks bookfriend!
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
There is no way that can be the finale - I guess I'm just supposed to assume the best for everyone but I need more Yop City!
Brownguy
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a conclusion to the series, I think it could have wrapped things up better but it was more of a good thing in all.
Tia
Excellent read, it was better than the first and that's saying a lot. I would recommend these books to all.

Review to come.....
Battista Marie
Feb 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Les ignorants. Récit d'une initiation croisée
  • Le Grand Vizir Iznogoud (Iznogoud, #1)
  • Le Démon de la Tour Eiffel (Adèle Blanc-Sec, #2)
  • The Haunting of Hip Hop: A Novel
  • Megalex: The Complete Story
  • Dieu, le sexe et les bretelles (Titeuf, #1)
  • A Family Matter
  • Gwyneth and the Thief
  • Archie #2
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. II of X (V for Vendetta, #2)
  • Two Brothers
  • Quai d'Orsay. Chroniques diplomatiques, tome 2
  • The Black Order Brigade
  • Idées noires : L'intégrale
  • Paul à Québec
  • When David Lost His Voice
  • Princeless #1
  • Marie (Magasin général, #1)
Marguerite Abouet was born in 1971 in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, in Western Africa. She grew up during a time of great prosperity in the Ivory Coast. At the age of twelve, she and her old brother went to stay with a great-uncle in Paris, where they further pursued their education. Years later, after becoming a novelist for young adults, Abouet was drawn to telling the story of the world she remembered ...more
More about Marguerite Abouet...

Aya (6 books)
  • Aya (Aya #1)
  • Aya of Yop City (Aya #2)
  • The Secrets Come Out (Aya, #3)
  • Aya de Yopougon, Tome 4 (Aya, #4)
  • Aya de Yopougon, Tome 5 (Aya, #5)