Start by marking “Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll (Lije Evans Mysteries #3)” as Want to Read:
Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll (Lije Evans Mysteries #3)

Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll

(Lije Evans Mysteries #3)

Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll is a mystery as old as the Christian church wrapped in a modern-day thriller. Though an unwilling hero, professor Jefferson Burke's intellectual curiosity pits him against the powerful Bruno Krueger in a race to find a 2000-year-old scroll that calls into question the divinity of Christ and could shake the foundation of ...more
Published June 29th 2011 by Zondervan (first published April 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll

Start your review of Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll (Lije Evans Mysteries #3)
Nora St Laurent
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was thankful to receive a review copy of Ace Collins larger-than-life fiction novel. Jefferson Burke reminds me a little bit of three movies, National Treasure, Indiana Jones and Da Vinci Code! What a mix!

Jefferson Burke is a school professor in America who reminds me a little of Harrison Ford’s character. He’s compelled to uncover the mysteries and clues to find the Holy Grail. Jefferson has the same passion and drive to find lost scrolls. If these scrolls were published it could change
Victor Gentile
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of interviewing Ace Collins, on our radio show "Kingdom Highlights", for his new book, "Jefferson Burke And The Secret Of The Lost Scroll" published by Zondervan.

Dr. Jefferson Burke is the Dean of History at the University of Illinois in Urbana. A man on a mission, claiming to be an agent of the Vatican, states that he needs Dr. Burke on a matter of life and death. He is searching for an ancient scroll, another Gospel, allegedly written by Joseph, the stepfather of Jesus. Now
Felicia
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Not exactly sure if this is a book I love, a book I hate, or a book I love to hate. The pace was entirely too slow for me & I honestly had a difficult time staying connected to this book. However, I am so so glad I did. The end is AMAZING to say the least & my jaw dropped on more than one occasion. I did think the reveal of what is in the Book of Joseph was anticlimatic though. I was like, "Really? All that time for this?"

The biggest complaint I have is all the editorial errors I kept
Ellie
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reads like an Indiana Jones story....... :)
Kyle Morgan
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Grammatical errors and awkward sentences suggest that this book was written in a hurry.
Elin
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
freebie from library for Caleb's reading program reward/ young adult
Katelyn Bolds
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
The action-adventure thriller, Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll, is sure to catch the attention of anyone brave enough to delve into it. Ace Collins has created a fascinating plot following the adventures of a history professor on the search for a scroll that is supposed to discredit Christ’s divine birth. The result is a mixture of a fast-paced and complex plot, creative characters, and realistic descriptions.

When an elderly man interrupts his routine college research projects,
Tammy G.
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love a good action/suspense novel! And I was surprised by the action, adventure and pure suspense in Ace Collins book, The Secret of the Lost Scroll!
WOW! When a book begins with "Baltore the priest had no idea where they had come from. Like ghosts, they seemed to appear out of thin air, but he was well aware that his plight was his own making." (p. 11) then the reader knows this is going to be a one.of.those.fantastically.great reads!
Dr. Jefferson Burke is approached by Anthony Columbo to
Jerry
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it
First off: What does this book have to do with Lije Evans? Other than on the cover and in the back matter, his name is never mentioned.

Now, for my review: This Indiana Jones-style adventure is a little bit short on action; instead, historical discussions take center stage. It also ends with a whimper. It still proved to be moderately enjoyable...but nothing terribly special.
Sandy
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book reminded me of an old time serial movie--each chapter ended with some impending problem that is solved in the next chapter. I enjoyed this book. I think it is supposed to be a Christian Indiana Jones adventure --all in all good fun and quick read.
Tom Robinson
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well-written, intriguing and fast-paced. This is one mystery I would recommend to everyone, and anyone. Super-read!
Vlad Stepanov
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A book that grabbed my attention from the beginning. It's one of those that keeps you wondering what's going to happen next, so you start reading the next chapter.
Aug 07, 2018
Aug 28, 2011
Cliff
Dec 13, 2016
hrh
rated it did not like it
May 19, 2018
Sep 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• Twelve Days of Christmas
  • Homeport
  • The Wedding (The Notebook, #2)
  • Paris Is Always a Good Idea
  • No Baggage: A Minimalist Tale of Love and Wandering
  • Lethal Deception (Refuge from Danger, #1)
  • Falls Like Lightning
  • Mount Sinai in Arabia: The True Location Revealed
  • To Hell and Back
  • The Passion of Jesus Christ
  • Stars Collide (Backstage Pass, #1)
  • Double Blind
  • The Gospel According to Jesus
  • No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3)
  • Nowhere to Turn (Hidden Identity, #2)
  • Not Wrath But Rapture
Citing his Arkansas heritage, Christy Award winner Ace Collins defines himself as a storyteller. In that capacity, Collins has authored more than eighty books for 25 different publishers that have sold more than 2.5 million copies. His catalog includes novels, biographies, children’s works as well as books on history, culture and faith. He has also been the featured speaker at the National ...more

Lije Evans Mysteries (3 books)
  • Farraday Road (Lije Evans Mysteries #1)
  • Swope's Ridge (Lije Evans Mysteries #2)