Start by marking “Cable & Deadpool, Volume 3: The Human Race” as Want to Read:
Cable & Deadpool, Volume 3: The Human Race

Cable & Deadpool, Volume 3: The Human Race

(Cable & Deadpool (Collected Editions) #3)

With Cable recuperating on his island haven of Providence, who else can investigate when there is "A Murder in Paradise?" You know who. Say it. Go ahead. Picture it: Deadpool, as a detective, interrogating the most brilliant pacifists on Earth. Monk and Columbo have nothing to fear. Plus: Deadpool is brainwashed by the mysterious group known as the Black Box to become a mi ...more
Published February 7th 2007 by Marvel (first published November 16th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cable & Deadpool, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cable & Deadpool, Volume 3

Start your review of Cable & Deadpool, Volume 3: The Human Race
gabi
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Well this was bizarre. But I really enjoyed it. Cable and Deadpool are some very complex characters.

There were some sexual comments and more language than the last one. But it wasn't too bad.
Strawberry
Apr 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
This series is so weird. But maybe every Deadpool-story is weird. I can't say that I like it, but then again I can't stop reading it, because I'm so curious to know what crazy thing might happen next.
C
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Continuing the great x-read of 2017...

I just continue to be surprised (in a fabulous way) by this series. It is so comic-booky but manages to always interject some interesting philosophical discussions between the punching and the punchlines.

Can't wait to dive into the next volume. It is these type of books that keep me slogging through this x-book catch-up.
Ralph Wark
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And it ends in Intercourse, Pennsylvania...

Always funny, always bizarre, always creative, always fun, and yet thought provoking. This time Deadpool travels through dimensions to save Cable. That's the basics, the rest is too complex/gives away too much to describe here. Just an amazing character.
Johnny Andrews
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cable has disappeared so DP is to the rescue hopping between alternate realities that are just bonkers but before even that there has been a murder in Cable's paradise, but it's okay-Deadpool is on the case.
Will Deadpool solve the case? Will Deadpool and "friends" find the real Cable of their universe and finally will DP get to go to the toilet?
Jdetrick
I think this is a concept which would have been good as a limited series, but it begins to wear thin in these issues.
Luke
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reality hopping DP
Drizztl
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-2018
6.5/10
I usually do not like alternate worlds stories, this was relatively interesting, but a let down compared to the previous volume for me.
Roman Colombo
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel
This volume was fun, but not as good as the first two. The M-Day story line was really weird.
Enigmaticblue
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this one. I enjoyed seeing all the possibilities.
Judith Groen
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jaime
1) Cable & Deadpool, Vol. 1: If Looks Could Kill ★★★
2) Cable & Deadpool, Vol. 2: The Burnt Offering ★★★

content warnings: violence, gore
representation: pansexual main character

The first two issues of this were so great, and then the subsequent four were really average. The Wade Wilson, Private Investigator, aspects were so interesting, and then it turned into a story about chasing Cable throughout dimensions and that was a lot less interesting. Or at least should have been an entirely separate th
Lissa
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Now that Cable is non-lobotomized once more, he and Deadpool return to Providence. There is a murder, however, and Deadpool attempts to solve it. The problem? He's the one who did it; he just can't remember the murder itself or why he did it. A fracture develops in their friendship, and Cable kicks Deadpool off Providence because he can't be trusted.

Deadpool hunts down Black Box, because he wants to find a way that he can be killed. While receiving "treatment" from Black Box, Deadpool is implan
Brandon
Mar 30, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Marvel comics (particularly either of the two titular characters)
Shelves: own
The third volume of the Cable & Deadpool saga begins with Cable recooperating from the partial lobotomy, loss of most of his powers, and his "resurrection". Providence continues to thrive and the world's governments have backed off, giving Cable a chance now that he poses less of a threat. Everything appears to be going to plan until Providence encounters it's first murder: that of world-reknowned terrorist Haji Bin Barat. Life for our main characters only gets worse from there.

This volume (cont
Cai
Cable sets off to find Skornn and in turn Deadpool, accompanied by Siryn and Cannonball, set out to find Cable. Through their adventure, they encounter the likes of Apocalypse, the Four Horsemen, the Black Box and Sinister. They eventually find Cable, but not how they expected.

This was my first foray into the world of graphic novels and I quite enjoyed it. I have always loved watching the cartoons and am a huge fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so it was about time I picked up a comic book.

R
Gayle Francis Moffet
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 2012, series, june-2012
The heart of this book starts to show through in this arc, and I couldn't be happier. As much as I love super-wacky Deadpool, I adore when writers really explore Wade as a person, and this arc of C&D (which encompasses a 2-parter and 4-parter) showcases Wade's deadlier instincts and his less deadly need to be loved on at least some level. He's vulnerable in this run, confused and trying to deal with who he is. It's a great balance between Deadpool as the wacky guy and Wade the human.

Cable's part
Silas
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable romp that managed to navigate the House of M storyline while still making sense and establishing a new beginning for the two main characters that didn't invalidate what came before. It was done rather well, all things considered, and I rather enjoyed it. The future of the stories is pretty much wide open, and there were plenty of laughs along the way without going too far over the top. This is just about where I would like most Deadpool comics to be, but with just a bit mor ...more
Hussain Elius
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
The characters are nice, which is why I am still reading this, but I am afraid the story arcs are all tried and tested well before. And with as much books as I have been reading the past two years, they do feel a tad overused. The alternative reality thing with different Cable's for example... well executed, but nothing new.

Maybe I am expecting too much from comics. They are fun and easy read and obviously targeted to teenagers, so I shouldn't complain much.
Michael
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of the first three volumes of "Cable & Deadpool", Volume 3, "The Human Race," is clearly the best. It's a perfect culmination of everything Fabian Nicieza had been building toward in his first two volumes of work. After 18 issues, the relationship between the titular characters has grown in both complexity and in depth, which adds emotional weight to each of the stories. It's a fantastic collection of issues and it more than makes up for any misgivings I had with Volume 2. ...more
Batsap
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, library
This book had some awesome Deadpool moments - especially him as a detective and the sequence where he was fighting clowns.
I think I prefer the Cable and Deadpool series to the Deadpool comics that are out currently, because although Deadpool is still wacky, he has his thoughtful times which make him a more rounded character.
Tommy
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
An amusing plot with Deadpool alternate reality hopping and meeting different versions of Cable and ultimately bringing back a baby/child version who is aging rapidly. It was a cute gimmick but it did lack a little bit of heart compared to the earlier storylines. Still better than many titles but I'm looking forward to an adult Cable and Deadpool and more direct interaction.
Patrick
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to go ahead and make this one a five star rating.

Why? Because the art and writing were honestly a step up from the previous volumes and they were 4s for me.

Also? Because this story was pivotal to the relationship between these two characters. I can't imagine a fan of Deadpool not reading this line.
Eric Mikols
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-men, deadpool
Wacky stuff. It cracks me up that Deadpool travels to the House of M universe, but since he's traveling through a whole bunch of universes any way, it's no big deal for him.
Also, I love the art. It's great, colorful and expressive. Sure, this book reads like a Deadpool solo series with guest star Cable, but it's good stuff.
J.
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it
The mystery story portion of this book was good, but the second half was bizarre and silly--very '90s-type X-men stuff. Did Cable really need more confusion added onto his story? He's already easily one of the most confusing characters in existence--why muddle it up further?
Suge
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Deadpool's search for Cable across many different worlds. A little bit more enthralling than the last volume, my favorite part was Deadpool's interaction with baby Cable. Very good read. Lot of classic Deadpool here and some Cable as well.
Ingenue
Jul 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn
(RE-READ. FROM LOVE.)
Sharon
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Heather
Dec 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this one better than previous volumes, but some of the humor is still a little off and I can't get into it.
Jedhua
ABSOLUTE RATING: {2.5/5 stars} (Rounded Down)

STANDARDIZED RATING: <2/5 stars>
Max
Dec 18, 2015 marked it as to-read
Can't read it help me please

• X-Men: Phoenix - Endsong
  • Astonishing X-Men, Volume 2: Dangerous
  • Madrox: Multiple Choice
  • Wolverine: Enemy of the State, Volume 1
  • House of M
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier, Volume 2
  • Amazing Spider-Man: Edge of Spider-Verse
  • Uncanny X-Men: The New Age, Volume 3: On Ice
  • Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe (Deadpool Killogy, #1)
  • All-New Wolverine, Volume 1: The Four Sisters
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier, Volume 1
  • L'Enfer, le silence (Blacksad, #4)
  • Deadpool: World's Greatest, Volume 1: Millionaire with a Mouth
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 5
  • Young Avengers, Volume 1: Sidekicks
  • All-New Wolverine, Volume 2: Civil War II
  • X-23: Innocence Lost
  • Civil War II
Fabian Nicieza is an American comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable and Deadpool, and Thunderbolts, for all of which he helped create numerous characters.

Cable & Deadpool (Collected Editions) (8 books)
  • Cable & Deadpool, Volume 1: If Looks Could Kill