Start by marking “Real Solutions for Busy Moms” as Want to Read:
Real Solutions for Busy Moms

Real Solutions for Busy Moms

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Ready for real solutions?  Are you a mom who is feeling overwhelmed and unappreciated? Are you trying to balance a marriage and raising kids with managing a household, a budget, and a career? Need help? Do you want real solutions... right now? Kathy Ireland understands. She’s been there as a wife, a mother of three, and the CEO of an international business. In this audiobo ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 12th 2009 by Oasis Audio (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Real Solutions for Busy Moms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Real Solutions for Busy Moms

Kristi
Nov 21, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book from the dollar store for a buck, and I got my money's worth! While the information and solutions weren't at all new to me, I really did enjoy Kathy's perspective. She comes across as a truly genuine, kind, positive, caring Christian woman who lives her life for Christ and it was nice to read an uplifting, motivating little book. She inspired me to continue to live my life for Him.
SKN83
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would say that moms as well as dads should read this book at least once!
Tanya
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
From her Christian perspective, Kathy Ireland shares her tips on money, a happy and healthy home environment, keeping kids safe including information about computer safety and current trends in substance abuse, and making oneself a priority. Not much new here, but a useful reminder of the need to have your priorities in order and then make choices based on those priorities.

p 41 - "What does having it all really mean, anyway? Your "all' needs to be just that -yours. You need to define it. Don't
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
After her modeling career, Kathy Ireland focused on her family and building a business. Here she shares some simple ideas for balancing your life. Based on Christian principles she offers up a casual, easy to read book about being the best wife and mom you can.

For the most part, there is nothing new or groundbreaking here. But, as I read, I found myself being reminded of those obvious things we sometimes forget: better ways to manage money, communicating with our children, making our home a pla
Lanette
May 17, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After seeing that the very first chapter didnt' apply to me, I decided to skim the pages until I found something applicable. Before I knew it, I'd come to the end of the book without finding anything to catch my attention. I found the advice to be too general and sugar-coated. I did not find one tidbit or piece of wisdom to take away from this book that hasn't already been said in every other 'mothering' book out there. Like many moms, I struggle with organization and keeping the house clean... ...more
Debra Oehlberg
Aug 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young moms, those wanting to know how to live the Christian faith among families
Recommended to Debra by: n/a
The only reason why I gave this book an average rating was because I knew most of the information in it, when it came to cleaning house and financial advice. However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Kathy is a Christian, and seems to know how to handle so many personal situations in life the Christian way. If I was only rating on that perspective (and the last chapter concentrates heavily on that), I would have rated it 5 stars. Kathy gave so many good examples of what to do when in ...more
Stacy
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good advice. Personally I had to get thru the financial info at the beginning since I already knew that info, then it got interesting. I esp. liked her comment that whenever you add a responsibility, you're giving something up time-wise. She also had good thoughts on defining a happy life and your dreams. This helped me to define my expectations for myself as a mom and then I was happier with what I accomplish each week.
Susie
May 09, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kathy Ireland will be speaking this month at the Mothers of Preschoolers meeting I attend, so I thought I would preread her book.

I enjoyed this book, and thought that parts of it were very insightful. Most of it reiterated common sense and common advice. It is a very Christian-based book; keep that in mind if you plan to read it.

It turns out that I will be missing the meeting when she is speaking; I was really looking forward to meeting her. =(
Ashes
Jun 04, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I could not finish reading this. I got about half way through and stopped. I thought there would be more substance - how to build a stronger foundation or stepping stones to where you want be or achieve in life and still be a great parent. I was greatly disappointed because that is not this book. It's a of a Q & A type of book and nothing in it that I don't already know or haven't already tried. Too bad.
Elissa Barbosa
I did not read this book cover to cover but I do admire Kathy Ireland, she's beautiful inside & out, loves the Lord and is genuinely happy and has great balance in her life...she uses great ideas and puts them in a nice read to remind you of practical things to help a busy mom, such as myself! I will go back & refer to this when I need some mom role support and refreshing reminders! Thanks to my mom for this great read & addition to my Library :)
Yara
Sep 23, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lifeskills, s-k
Christian perspective on motherhood. Nothing ground-breaking, but I liked her analogy of anchors and engines. "What happens when the speedboat's anchor is resting on the bottom of the lake? No matter how much you gun the engine, the boat goes nowhere. Too many of us . . . are stuck because we're trying to drag an anchor along behind us."
Howard Books
Dubbed a "best friend to working mothers" (The Times, London), former supermodel and a supermom herself, Kathy Ireland maintains that moms "can do it all, just not all at once" in this invaluable resource.
Kelly
Sep 07, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was kind of common sense stuff. I agreed with most stuff in the book but didn't get much out of it. Not worth the read really.
Tawni
Feb 10, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
okay, more about the finances of a mom not so much life as I was thinking it would be...
Jessica
Dec 14, 2011
Martha Boland
Jul 07, 2009
Sara
rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2010
Stephanie
Nov 24, 2014
Samantha
Jan 08, 2012
Kathleen Marie "Kathy" Ireland is an American former-model, actress, entrepreneur, CEO and designer of her eponymous brand product marketing company, Kathy Ireland Worldwide.

More about Kathy Ireland...