Start by marking “No Beginning, No End (Stockholm Syndrome, #3)” as Want to Read:
No Beginning, No End (Stockholm Syndrome, #3)

No Beginning, No End (Stockholm Syndrome #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  539 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Third part in the Stockholm Syndrome trilogy:

Settling back into a normal life is more difficult than anticipated.

Also available in paperback: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback...
Published by online fiction (first published 2010)

Judith
5+ Stars....Amazing series.

He's beautiful because he's not and he doesn't care.

I've had this series on my tbr shelf for ages and it wasn't until I saw a friend's update status that I decided to read them and I'm so glad I did.The story of Lindsay and Valentine is unique.The writing is superb and just drew me in.
What can I say about these two men.They are total opposites and to say they are flawed characters is a massive understatement but,somehow,they work so well together.The story definite
Baba
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, male-authors
4.5 stars. I decided to add another half star. I don't want to be stingy.****Review posted January 29, 2013

photo tumblr_mj7lxuJBH91qbq764o1_500_zps12229fee.gif

Pip and Lindsay are back in London…
 photo tumblr_msz6ufCwyp1qc7c8bo1_500_zps33292f9d.gif

"Hello, Lindsay."
"Hey. What's funny?"
"I set my ringtone for you to Marilyn Monroe. I'm Arthur Miller."
"Get lost. I'm Arthur Miller."
"What do you want?"
"Shall I give you a list?"
"You're a dirty old man."

"I don't want a million little girly boys, I'm not a pedophile."
"You ain't a pedophile no more, you mean."
"Shut up, Graverobber."
(…)
"I do, most of the time
Sheziss
This trilogy is one of those stories in which the main character is insane and lures the other one to be insane together.

"Like it don't matter if you're insane if you find someone who's insane in the opposite way cos then it fits like my Hedwig tattoo."

(A bonus for the author for mentioning Hedwig, now I know he has a good taste in movies *beams* ).

Nothing new under the sun, really. Short version: I love this couple.

Long version: everything that defines them is back, I can't explain how happy
T.J.
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This insane trilogy is over, and I am depressed. Not because of the ending; no, the HEA is there and well earned.

I'm depressed because it's over. This is one of those series that I will be envious of when people read for the first time because the surprises they'll have that I already know about. That feeling of discovery, both wonderful and heartbeaking, is something that I wish I could have again.

The trilogy is best thought of, for me, like this:

Book I is a slow motion car wreck. You can see
Shelley
No beginning No End is absolutely perfect finale to the series. Pip and Lindsay have come full circle and they are still totally insane but it suits them.

They struggle to get over their jealousies, and accept that you can't change the past.
Richard Rider offers up the most hilarious classic Pip - Lindsay scene ever! This is belly clutching laughter that had me snorting and chuckling under the covers in the wee hours.

I advise you to listen to some of Pips favourite music mentioned here he has g
Em
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've read all three books pretty much back to back and have loved them all. This is a fantastic series and not what I expected at all and I'm really excited to learn there may be another book on the way. Can't get enough of the delightful Pip and Lindsay!

Just one of my favourite quotes from the series.

"Can you see a bright white light?"
"Yeah"
"Oh fuck. Fuck! Okay, listen to me, don't go near it okay?"
"What?"
"Stay away from the light."
"What are you talking about?"
"That's death, innit? Don't go nea
Fangtasia
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Perfect ending to a trilogy I will treasure forever. Lindsay and Pip have taken residence in my heart and mind, sharing space with many other special couples I've read about throughout the years. This, to me, pretty much summarizes this book, and the story as a whole:

"He'd almost forgotten all the madness of the night, until Valentine's voice suddenly cuts through the darkness in a searching, hopeful whisper: "Lindsay? Are me and you okay?"

"I think so."

"I know we're fucked up."

"Yeah."

"And there'
Olizia
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Digo Ricardo, un epílogo o me muero.
Vivian
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic conclusion to the trilogy of Lindsay and Pip's off-kilter love affair with all the ups and downs. The crazy tilt-a-wheel they spin on is an amazing ride. It's long journey there and back again, but so worth it. The title gives a clue as to the nature of their love and their affair.

The dialogue is still stellar with bright, sharp exchanges that pounce and roll you flat onto your back. Love is never easy with these two:

"You're a rose, you're a pearl, you're the spin on my world. Now AN
Isabel
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! This book is the perfect ending for Pip and Lindsay story! Finally they talk, they understand each other, and they realize that one can't live without the other... even being crazy as they are! That's something that will never change, they are insane and I love them!

""How could I forget? Talk about being forcibly hauled out of

the closet."

"It's good for you. The closet's rubbish. People need to stop

wasting the space and fill it with clothes instead."

"Speaking of. Honeymoon in Topshop?"

"Y
Steph
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
This is honestly the craziest trilogy I have ever read, there is no other competition. But I loved every single freaking moment of it all.

"There ain't much we ain't already done, hey?"
"You warped me. I was perfectly normal-"
"-drug addicted bisexual hooker-fucking criminal."
"-perfectly normal sensible man with normal sensible urges before you."
"As if you was ever normal. You was just repressed."

Pip is the oddest, most fantastic character I have ever read about and I know I could never forg
MaDoReader
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
4,5 Éste, que me ha gustado mucho también, se me ha quedado corto, sorry, creo que había mucha miga en esa relación, miga del tipo "mierda a capazos" que hubiera necesitado un poco más de meneo.

Hasta el próximo BR, mi Oli del alma, acertaste al elegir esta serie, hemos podido descubrir a ese gran personaje que es nuestro Valentín *fangirleandooooooo* Éste se queda conmigo para los restos, bueeeeeeeno, y Lindsay también, aunque siento que a é le conozco menos que a Pip. Nos emplazamos pues para c
Angela Bee Bee
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Angela Bee Bee by: Em
These boys are frustrating as hell, and totally insane, totally lovable. They are volatile, mean, sarcastic. Not sure if there is enough sweet to balance all the sour.

Pip has the charm of Darian Glitterland but is as annoying as Jory A Matter of Time.

I dunno, part of me wants all the random shit put in order, but the other knows the bizarre pace is the uniqueness here. It's difficult for me to embrace the crazy. It's an uncomfortable, stupid, brilliant ride.
Al
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this,series a while ago . It is remarkable. On one level the plot is odd and unrealistic, but somehow it works, or perhaps it becomes insignificant next to the explosive,relationship of Pip and Lynsey. I love Pip and Lynsey !! They are crazy together , this is not a,sweet love story but yet it rings true. At least it did to me.
This author is extremely talented. I hope he writes more.
Paul
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
5 STARS but. . . possibly 1 if that was the final novel of the series
OK that can't be the end? Seriously, if it is the end it gets 1 star.
I will admit I haven't done an all encompassing search but there is a novella but surely there has to be another novel. Which there is no mention of on the authors site whatsoever???
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Good. Enjoyable. Nice ending.

I kinda feel like I jumped onto roller coaster...and then waited in line for 3 hours afterwards.
Like it was reversed.
Not a complaint!

It makes sense for it to be that way. Pip and Lindsay couldn't maintain that level of craziness from book one...and have the HEA. They would have crashed and burned. Actually, they probably would have killed each other.

Oh, book one crazy was hot and exciting...but does not make for a hea in the long run.

Pip and Lindsay have changed. I t
Ana
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This one is the last statement of an amazing, frustrating, funny, crazy,surreal and original trilogy that I loved it and enjoy it a lot.
Lindsay and Valentine finally settle in this last book, they finally talk about the big elephant in the room, that was bothering me too, and in the end they took the middle path.

"I know we're fucked up."
"Yeah."
"And there's things that will never go away."
"Mmhmm."
"But there's more good than bad, ain't there?"
"You know pillowtalk makes me homicidal.
Katerina
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, dark-side
Stockholm Syndrome was a happy coincidence.
Goodreads recommended me this series, because I've had so much fun with The Administration Mind Fuck and ICoS Evenfall. I wonder how Goodreads has come up with this idea? Not that it would have been a bad idea. Quite the reverse!

As I said, for months already, Goodreads enticed me with this series. And the minimalists cover drew me under its spell.

I have not regretted it.
It was my pleasure to meet Lindsay and Valentine.

Richard Rider has a wonderful way
KatieMc
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These two, Pip and Lindsey, what a bizarrely beautiful thing they have. In the first book their dysfunctional dynamic was like watching a spectacular train wreck. I was mesmerized and couldn't look away. And somehow*, through the miracle of time, love and a bit of self-reflection, they were able to evolve in a good way. They managed to keep their compelling chemistry while actually developing something that resembles a healthy relationship. I guess there is hope for just about anyone.

*Really, it
Jenni Lea
There are no words ...
Katie
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This one will be hard to do justice in the review. It is one of my favorite series and I just finally finished it. I was savoring it and a little afraid of the ending because after the way the first book ended I didn't know how much torture I wanted to endure.

I have to use spoilers in this review because it is too hard not to being that it is the third book. So! Pip and Lindsay are back together. Finally. It took forever. They have both changed over the years and have to come back together on t
Julia
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I've got to keep coming back to the writing. I just really think the writing and storytelling is incredible. One of the highest compliments I can pay is that I refused to read this unless I was able to give it my full attention. (no kids, no husband, no background noise) I just wanted to be able to ignore the world and fully sink myself into this book. It's been a while since I enjoyed a series this much.

I finished the book a few days ago and keep trying to figure out what to write. In my head,
Stacey Jo
The third and of the Stockholm Syndrom Trilogy. No more heists here. Lindsay and Valentine have settled down into a domestic and "regular" life in London. They seem to have trouble finding a balance between their new life and their old one. It's been five years since they were last together and although Lindsay didn't seem to have changed a great deal, Valentine is a whole differnet person if you ask me. He has changed in so many ways. So the "games" that they played with each other, even out of ...more
Tj
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
The whole series is kinda crazy and not at all what I expected. It's really well written. In this last book I could almost hear the accents. Pip and Lindsay are settling back into a relationship. They are having to reform it all since they have both changed. Gone is the adrenaline rush of performing heists and the dangers associated with it and so too is the boy who had his every action controlled by Lindsay. They are learning to talk and deal with their issues and with family. Still it is like ...more
Verity
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, bdsm
T.J. Klunes summed up this series (here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/365570124?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1
in a way that I will never be able to, therefore also reminding me why he's a fab writer who has people panting over his books (me included!) and barely anyone ever reads my reviews!
This series is challenging and beautiful, entertaining and a total mind fuck. It's a twisted love story, an epic journey and I'm so happy I got a chance to experience it.
Crystal
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
So instead of writing a review for this series (which was great by the way) I'm going to add some of my favourite lines from these books, which are all based around Valentine - one of the most interesting and original characters I've ever read. Valentine is needy, annoying, shameless and childish. He is also loyal, loving and vulnerable. Through Lindsay's eyes we fall in love with Valentine, with all of him, the good, the bad and everything in between.

He' funny looking, he's too pointy and he'
Jenre
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very good trilogy. I especially liked the development of the characters, particularly Valentine. The first book may not to be to everyone's tastes as there is strong elements of a dysfunctional D/s relationship, plus both characters are messed up emotionally. You need to see that part though to appreciate how the pair grow, together and separately. This author has a flowing, beautiful style of writing which manages to convey emotion without resorting to lengthy explanations. We get to know the c ...more
Anita
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I swear I cannot stop cracking up (pun intended) over that scene in the car between Lindsay and Pip and the two pervy voyeurs! Richard Rider you are a genius! Hahahaha!
Ok, ahem, now I give my review! I love these three books Stockholm SyndromeNo Beginning, No End17 Black and 29 Red! Mr. Rider did an excellent job of fleshing out all of his characters. I adored Lindsay (with all of his hangups) and Valentine (with all of his hangups but no inhibitions)! These two were complet
Limor Moyal
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing ending ! it's not the perfect fairy tale HEA , it's the real deal , the hard work you have to put in order to get your HEA . And they done it , and it couldn't be done before cause they needed to grow up and learn how to live with out each other in order to be together . It's sounds absurd but it's actually the reasonable thing to do in order to make sure your relationship will last . And I have no doubt that Lindsey and pip will be together forever.

I have to be honest and say that all
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Fun With Dick and Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #1)
  • Personal Demons (Gods and Chaos, #3)
  • Lee's Story (The Slave Breakers, #3)
  • The Substitute (Guntram de Lisle #1)
  • Fog: A Novel of Desire and Retribution
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • It's Like This
Richard Rider's name once autocorrected to Richard Ridiculous, which kind of says it all.
More about Richard Rider...

Stockholm Syndrome (4 books)
  • Stockholm Syndrome (Stockholm Syndrome, #1)
  • 17 Black and 29 Red (Stockholm Syndrome, #2)
  • We're All Mad Here (Stockholm Syndrome, #3.5)

“He's beautiful because he's not and he doesn't care.” 25 likes
“He tries again, swallowing hard to ease away the painful lump in his throat. "It's just important. I love you. I'm yours. I need people to know."

"Alright," Lindsay says suddenly. He leans down to grab at Pip's bag, throwing stuff out onto the carpet, his iPod and phone and wallet and gloves and Attitude magazine until he finds what he's looking for, a green marker pen, and holds it between his teeth while he starts tugging at the hem of Pip's t-shirt. Pip's too surprised to do anything but submit, he lets Lindsay peel off his t-shirt and throw that on top of all the things from his bag then just watches as Lindsay pulls the pen out of the cap in his mouth and signs his name in big green letters on the side of Pip's stomach. He holds his breath, trying not to suck in the belly fat everybody else keeps telling him is imaginary. "There, you're mine, are you fucking happy now?" Lindsay snaps, and throws the recapped pen across the room to get lost in the bookcase somewhere.”
24 likes