Start by marking “Good Night Maine” as Want to Read:
Good Night Maine

Good Night Maine (Good Night Our World)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Introduces the sights of Maine, through a full day of sightseeing.
Board Book, 18 pages
Published March 1st 2007 by Good Night Books (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Good Night Maine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Night Maine

Kimberly
We received this as a gift from my friend who lives in Maine. It's very cute!
Megababy
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
9/4/16 - Mom tried to read this to me before bed, but I was too tired and didn't have the patience.
9/11/16 - Read this one cuddling with mom when I am not feeling so great. I liked to point at all the different animals. And I flipped back through it on my own when mom was done reading.

Mom says - these "Good Night [Wherever]" books are never great literature. They jump around and have kind of awkward prose, e.g, "Ride the river, rafters, kayakers, and canoeists!" But the artwork is pretty, and th
Destiny Dawn Long
The first thing that I noticed about these books is their incredibly clunky and awkward prose. The second thing that I noticed is that rather than being a bedtime book, like I expected from the title, they start out in the morning and go through the whole day... often feeling random and haphazard. The illustrations are mediocre.

In short, while I think that this series of books make for popular baby shower and first birthday gifts from family and friends hailing from the featured locales, they'r
Rob
Apr 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
I guess it's more specific than Good Night Vermont , but still not as specific as Good Night Charleston . Also, I take issue with the fact that they seem to warn the moose about the car -- a real Mainer knows that it's the car that needs warned about the moose.
jacky
Aug 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
Natalie was not interested in reading this book, but I read it myself this morning before returning it. The biggest surprise for me was that it was not just a good night book. Instead, it starts with day break and slowly transitions to night. If I'd known this, I might have tried to read it to her during the day instead of saving it for bed time. I liked the items chosen to represent Maine, even though not many of them are in our exact area.
Dolly
Jun 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a simple board book that highlights a few particular things about Maine. It's part of a series and it feels like it, like it's a cookie cutter book (insert regional noteworthy item here). Still, it offers a glimpse into life in Maine and as a present from our girls' great grandmother, who lives there, it was a special gift.
Shawn Fairweather
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting souvenir kids book that illustrates many of the key highlights of the state of Maine from a tourism standpoint. Very realistic artwork that will provide numerous memories of sites visited.
Alice
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
The good thing about these books that if you pick them up in the place, or state they mean more to you. In and of themselves they are very good. I am always disappointed when I read them. BUT, I purchased this in Maine so, I feel good about my life! Thanks anyway!!
Rho
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love reading this and goodnight moon to the kids
Sara
Mar 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this to my niece every night or morning depending.... i'm sure she's gonna love maine as much i do
Jade Ozawa
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
A much better souvenir than a stuffed animal or key ring.
Renate
Mar 05, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-lit
"Good night, moose and country road! Be careful of the car!" "Hel-LO, lumberjack!"
Sasha & Clover
Feb 15, 2016
MaddBeth
Feb 03, 2008
« previous 1 3 next »

Good Night Our World (1 - 10 of 79 books)
  • Good Night Beach
  • Good Night Baby Jesus
  • Good Night Christmas
  • Good Night Country Store
  • Good Night Dinosaur
  • Good Night Dump Truck
  • Good Night Farm (Good Night Our World)
  • Good Night Galaxy (Good Night Our World)
  • Good Night Hospital