Start by marking “Born Into Fire” as Want to Read:
Born Into Fire

Born Into Fire

Genre: Fantasy Paranormal

Ryalda, the Element heroes of old, leak from the void and bring with them beauty, desire...and destruction.

Air Element, Erion aches to feel the heat of Kenna's emerging fire. However, merging his wind with the woman on the cusp of transformation comes with great risk. A risk he's unwilling to take. But with a male Fire Element intent on enslaving K/>Ryalda,
Kindle Edition, First Edition Scarlet Rose edition, 164 pages
Published December 22nd 2012 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.; (first published February 15th 1014)

To ask other readers questions about Born Into Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born Into Fire

Ronda  Tutt
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interesting & Creative!

What a creative world these two authors have created. The element world in this story was very interesting as the Drakaura (Watchtower Lords/Sentinel Dragon shifters) police its own kind - Judge, jury, and executioners; they enforced their own brand of justice on the Element champions. This wasn’t a fast paced story but it was so interesting learning about the element shifters and their world of existence and where they originated from. My rating is 3.5 sta
Deviant Divas
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loose-id
The last few sentences made me think, dangit, yet another book that makes me itch for a sequel! Then I looked at the publication date and now I wonder if there will be a next episode. So I can read what will happen to Erion and Fiera, or Eric and Kenna. Not to forget Airiana and her yet unclear piece in this fantastic puzzle of dragons, elements and humans in lust and love. It was a pleasure to read, in every sense of the word.
Reviewed by Rina

My computer screen fogged up
Amanda-Lee (StoryWings)
Born Into Fire was very hard to follow, but made for a very interesting story.

Kenna is a glass worker, a budding artist who is trying to break into the creative world. She has what seems to be a unique but unrealised ability when she works glass, being able to create life-like colours and shapes.

Kenna is being pursued by a seemingly interested buyer in the form of Hadyn. He seems a little odd and a little too eager to get close to her, but she forgets all of that when she
Renee Rearden
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
What would you do if you discovered you were more than human?

Artist Kenna Lang is a glass blower, ready to share her creations with the world. The deadline for her first big show approaches, and she pushes her creative ingenuity to the limits. The dragons of her childhood dreams are the centerpieces of her exhibit. Each one takes form under her fingertips, the shape and contour guided by her instinctive talent.

Despite her insecurities over their unusual characteristics, o
SirenBookReviews
Feb 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just looking at the cover of Born into Fire and you can tell it is going to be one hot story! KyAnn Waters and Tarah Scott have done an incredible job at bringing the elements to life in this rousing fantasy romance.

I loved the connection between that of a Fire Elemental and an artistic Glass Blower as well as her being mated to an Air Elemental. What better way to heat up a raging fire, but to add some unexpected air in just the right place!

Born into Fire is a faced pace
Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
This was a really hot paranormal type romance that hooks you in to their story I thought. To me this was a easy read that I was glad to have the chance to read.
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I love finding something different within the paranormal romance genre, Born into Fire mixes an ancient Elemental race with a race of dragon shifters in this interesting erotic romance. There is also a bit of humor too. I loved the many “blow” puns.

Kenna is a glass blower with a witty sense of humor and she lets it show with some of her many “blow” jokes. Kenna also has no clue that she is different from every other human amongst her. She is approaching her metamorphose and it has called the at
Hbeebti
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
3.5
Tarah Scott
Jan 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Me too, KyAnn. I really like what we did with this book.
KyAnn Waters
Nov 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
my story so yep I love it. Tarah it was sometimes crazy but I'm so proud of what we accomplished.
Sofia
It was a big mess. I kept hoping for things to straighten out but it never did. Even the end was unsatisfying. It ended on a cliffhanger even though it isn't a series but a standalone book.
Susan Angela Wallace
Born of fire by Kyann Waters and Tarah Scott.
A slow but ok read. Not sure about this one. I found it very confusing. It was a easy read and I read it though 3*.
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
I really enjoyed Born Into Fire by KyAnn Waters and Tarah Scott. It was a unique take on shifters that take the form of elements; though I admit I have not read a lot of books that feature element shifters.

We jump right into the plot by learning about Erion and his Air Element form, and that Kenna is about to take the form of a Fire Element.

Erion frustrated me and caused the most of my confusion I think; he would ‘think’ things that obviously made sense to him but I did n
Romancing the Book
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, paranormal
Reviewed by Melissa
Book provided by The Wild Rose Press
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Born into Fire by KyAnn Waters and Tarah Scott is not part of a series but I sure would love to see more books about the characters seen in this book. It sparks my imagination. I have always loved reading about dragons.

Kenna is a glassblower who has been creating Dragons for here first show. She is a strong and witty character. She had no idea about Dragons, Elemonts, o
C. Mcgrue
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely romantic erotica. There is a lot of sex. A lot. I'd probably only be exaggerating a little to say that almost every other scene is a sex scene. For the most part, however, the sex seems pretty natural. There are a few funny parts of the story. And they did a good job of immediately making Aiden seem like a scumbag without being over the top about it. I'd say that Aiden's characterization is what stuck out the most to me. There are few things in the book that were kind of puzzl ...more
Nikki McCarver
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal Fantasy lovers, beware! This book should definitely hit on your need to read list! I've read a few of the books offered up by this well crafted duo, but this has punched out the others in my favorite list. Welcome to the exciting world of elementals, and by exciting I mean HOT. This book starts off with an extreme chair-shifting scene that plunges you right into the action. I love it when a book starts off full throttle!
Not only are there some majorly hot sexual scenes in this b
Arec Rain
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review

An interesting story, to say the least. It was a different concept and I appreciate that. However, there were times when I didn’t understand what was going on. The beginning for instance. I know he controlled air, but the passage itself was hard to grasp. I wasn’t sure that what I was visualizing in my head is what the author intended.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read, especially if you are looking for more e
Toula
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal read book 1 . Hero is Erion . Heroine is Kenna .
A great paranormal story . Showing after a Great War the universe divided everything into elements . They couldn't meet till they matured . Erin saw Kenna while she was sleeping . He was in his air Element . He made love to her while he was air . The next day Kenna felt something , she thought she sensed something .
Kenna goes into a workshop to make glass . Dragon glass to be exact . Kenna is comfortable with fire since that is her ele
Toula
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal read book 1 . Hero is Erion . Heroine is Kenna .
Froggarita
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
KyAnn Waters and Tarah Scott have woven an imaginative paranormal fantasy story that weaves shape shifting dragons and elements into an erotic adventure. The titillating storyline holds your attention thru out the book. I do love the mythology the authors wove with the elementals and humans and the blending of the species. Emotional tension between all of the characters was loyalty, love, hate, and fear all used in a sharp contrast. The book did leave me with questions which hopefully will be an ...more
Raina Collins
Received through NetGalley for an honest review.

The book is a great story but it was a little confusing in the beginning. By the end though most of it is explained. What is left is to be told in the next book.

Kenna is a fire element. But she doesn't know it yet. Eric is an air element and is drawn to Kenna. He know what she is and knows he should stay away but can't. And now because of him her element is coming out. He can either help her and risk their lives or let her be taken by another fir
Liza
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Don't get me wrong. The story has a lot of potential, yet it is really hard to follow. TMI on the world description, yet not enough about the characters. When I'm reading a book, it's like watching a movie for me. If well described, I form a mental picture of the characters and even hear them speak in my head, they have a voice. But in this book they were blurry at most. The voices kept on changing in my head. Kenna at times would do or say something and the reaction it provoked was strong, yet ...more
A.R. Von
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
A very hot (in more ways than one) PNR fantasy read that leaves you itching AND burning for much more! Born into Fire is a very original concept that I hope the author's plan to continue. Any fans of the genre will adore this story :)
Trina
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, fantasy
LOVED the whole concept behind this story. I really hope these two authors write more books about this vivid world of Elementals.
Baskaran
Dec 25, 2015
Beth Sheehe
Feb 24, 2014
KyAnn Waters
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Emily Edgeworth
Feb 13, 2015
Sachin
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Captivated (Courts of Light and Darkness, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon #3)
  • The Nymph’s Labyrinth (Nymph #1)
  • 31 Flavors
  • A Knight of Passion
  • Winter Eve (Shifters of Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • Ward of the Vampire (Ward of the Vampire, #1)
  • The Selkie (Orkney Selkies, #1)
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • Lucifer (The Hades Squad Book 2)
  • Descent of Blood (The Red Veil Series Book 1)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Captives of New Pompeii (New Pompeii, #1)
  • The Fallen
  • The Dom on the Naughty List (Badass Brats, #1.5)
  • A Taste of Scarlet (Treeland Pack Tales)
  • Twilight's Eternal Embrace
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)