Start by marking “Cloud Nine (The Guardian of Man, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cloud Nine (The Guardian of Man, #1)

Cloud Nine

(The Guardian of Man #1)

What happens when you receive a guardian angel?
What if you don't believe you need one?
What if one wants you removed?

There are people out there that want either Sterling or Claire for themselves.
Someone who will stop at nothing to have Sterling.
Someone who will do anything to reclaim Claire's affections.
Together, Sterling and Claire will dissuade them.
Someone will fall. Som
Published January 3rd 2011 by Silver Lined Books (first published November 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cloud Nine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cloud Nine

Edwin Stark
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Cloud Nine deals with the growing relationship between a teenaged girl and her self-appointed spirit guardian, and the many situations she faces as she tries to synch him up into her typical teenager life. These implicit complications include her friends, family and a former boyfriend. Definetively a fine romance to read.

The author seems to possess a keen knowledge of the teen mind, which makes her able to create credible teenagers, quite a difficult deed. Earlier on, the writer manages to pull
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Cloud Nine is a YA Paranormal Romance and the first book in the The Guardian of Man series written by Melissa A. Smith. I read this as a R2R with The Knights of the Round Table. As always, a special thank you to the mods and author for allowing me to participate.

The Review:
I really wanted to love this book. The idea and theme was pretty amazing but the follow through just didn’t do it for me.

Writing-
There were a ton of editing errors throughout the entirety of the book. Lots of here, hear, th
Tamara
Cloud Nine is a short read and this case, that's a good thing. Oh boy...what can I say about this book. This is a book club selection and I wouldn't have picked this for myself. First off, you guys know that I'm a sucker for good cover art! I know that a pretty cover is not always a sign of a good book, but it is a sign of resources. An artist for cover art, an editor for the story, etc. In this case, the cover art was a accurate representation of what the story is.

I rated this two bookmarks an
Maria
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5/5 stars

Cloud Nine is a story a seventeen year old girl, Claire, who meets a “guardian” one morning. The guardian, Sterling, is there to help this self-sufficient teenager, and they end up falling in love. However, their love does not go as smoothly with prior romances surfacing and putting a strain on their relationship.

The story is written in first person following Claire and Sterling. Claire is seventeen and considered to be a self-sufficient teenager because her parents are hardly ever h
Ruthsic
Cloud Nine was one of the most disappointing books I have come across. The blurb promised so much but the book delivered a hald-baked plot and cardboard characters. It is all 'hey I am your guardian angel. I lurve you so much' and them bam, return of the most stalkerish exes ever. Claire and Sterling are bland for protagonists and spend most of the time being attached at the lips and breaking hearts as they go. (eyeroll) Also, meet the family happens more than one time and it all is repititive. ...more
Missy (Missy's Reads & Reviews)
I cannot sum up this book better than what is already said by the synopsis, so all I can do is offer my humble opinion of the story. It's amazing. The whole concept of this specific guardian form was something that I had to get used to, but once Sterling took on a human form.. it was much easier to adjust.

The characters are great. Claire is your typical teenager in the way that she has a typical teenage voice - a little confusing and erratic and sometimes all out irrational, but it is exactly wh
Kendra
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great, light read. There was plenty of depth to the characters, and plenty of detail to the history and background of the story. I liked the play on the Guardians, how they are portrayed as a wispy cloud, and I imagined the Overseers as possibly higher ranking angels, as the idea behind the guardians is very similar to my idea of guardian angels.
There's love and jealousy, good friends, almost too reasonable parents but they were supportive and did show a bit of protectiveness. Sterli
Melissa
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My Review:

Come back to where it all began ♥ Silver Lining is a novella on how two of my favorite characters, Argento and Ari fell in love. It's a fun and interesting look into the beginning of a deliciously tender relationship that I have come to adore. Although Ari seems to be right on que where her charge is concerned, she may need a few pointers when it comes to the love of her life....her mate. A girl can only play hard to get for so long!! ;)
Argento is more then patient while waiting for Ar
Jenn
Jun 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book really had a lot of potential but in my opinion, it was disappointing. The love story was pretty good except it never fails to get to me just how quickly human characters will accept and fall all over a not so human person. This story touched that nerve quite a few times with claire's family and sTerlings family. I could get over that, though. What I could not get over the fact that the author built up some good suspense only to let it dwindle and fail by just glossing over it instead ...more
Gabriela
Sep 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
I don't understand all these 5-star reviews. It's not a bad premise but it just seems like a first try at writing without any edits or reviews. Maybe with some fine-tuning it could be more readable and entertaining, but it's just so lacking as is. It was a waste of my money.
Amy Sobol
Mar 20, 2013
Latoya
May 15, 2011
Melissa Smith
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Elle Chardou
Dec 20, 2011
Jackie
Dec 02, 2011
Hailey
rated it did not like it
Dec 12, 2018
Becky
Aug 11, 2013
Pepper
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Refreshing, entertaining and excellent.
Melissa Smith
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
Aug 29, 2011
Jeni
Jan 03, 2012
Ciara Knight's Bo...: Cloud Nine by Melissa Smith 2 10 Sep 19, 2012 11:18PM
I am a wife and mother that simply loves the written word. All the places you get to visit by simply separating a few pages. All the people you get to live through and fall in love with. All the adventures you get to have without ever having to leave your house. Not to mention all the worlds you get to visit and travel.
I hope you join me in my books and travel, live and love with me.

The Guardian of Man (2 books)
  • Thunderhead (The Guardian of Man, #2)