Start by marking “Sovereign Grace” as Want to Read:
Sovereign Grace

Sovereign Grace

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
This ebook is complete with linked Table of Content making navigation quicker and easier.

In the exercise of his high calling, the faithful ambassador of Christ must not scruple to declare the whole counsel of God—“rightly dividing the word of truth,” to all classes of hearers. He must warn the openly wicked man that if he persists in his evil courses, the just judgments of
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 19th 2010 by WHITE DOG PUBLISHING (first published 1891)

To ask other readers questions about Sovereign Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sovereign Grace

Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
A beautiful book. Seldom is a book both poetic and powerful, poignant and pleasing. This book is both in excess. A beautiful treatment concerning the grace of God. Simply wonderful. I will read it again and again.
Beverly Crosson
This book is a collection of sermons and stories about the Grace of God and what that means. At the end of the book there are three short dialogues regarding 3 different subjects of Christianity.
Bret Walker
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
In surprisingly clear English, given the era it was written, D. L. Moody explains the concepts of Grace and its inherent forms - prevenient (God seeking us), justifying (God saving us through His Son), and sanctifying (God making us more like Him through His Holy Spirit). Moody uses Biblical references and real-world stories to support his illustrations. Many books written in the late 1800's are difficult to read because of the heaviness of the language, but I found Sovereign Grace to be simple ...more
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The gospel still the same.

I really liked this book, because it reminded me about the grace of God. Moody preached grace which was the reason why he was such a great soulwinner. Preachers should read this book, to remind them of the saving power of God's message. People seeking salvation. The doubting Christian who is doubting his salvation, and the believer who has lost his way. It was well worth the read!
pamela harrington
God gives us Grace

I chose the 5 star excellent writing from Pastor Moody. He tells us what Grace is how we get our free gift from God. He has interviewed another minister ask him questions and helps someone who isn't saved come to Christ. Uses very simple vocabulary so a person cam understand. Excellent writing.
Chad Duke
  • Incomparable
  • Old Story New: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God
  • Summary of Christian Doctrine
  • The Two Covenants
  • Great Doctrines of the Bible: Volume I God the Father, God the Son/Volume II God the Holy Spirit/Volume III the Church and the Last Things
  • Jesus the Evangelist: Learning to Share the Gospel from the Book of John
  • Replant: How a Dying Church Can Grow Again
  • Godspeed: Making Christ's Mission Your Own
  • Storylines: Your Map to Understanding the Bible
  • Church Zero: Raising 1st Century Churches out of the Ashes of the 21st Century Church
  • Growing in Christ
  • Blood Work: How the Blood of Christ Accomplishes Our Salvation
  • God's Love: How the Infinite God Cares for His Children
  • Welcome to a Reformed Church: A Guide for Pilgrims
Dwight Lyman Moody was a predominant evangelist, author, and publisher. Raised on a farm in Massachusetts, he moved first to Boston, where he converted to evangelical Christianity in 1856, and then to Chicago, where he prospered in business. He gave up business in 1860 and engaged in missionary work with the YMCA (186173).

He founded Moody Church and preached in the slums, emphasizing literal inte
More about Dwight L. Moody...