Start by marking “Beauty and the Greek” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Greek

Beauty and the Greek

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  694 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Made over…to make love!

Though she’s in love with Andreas, her gorgeous Greek boss, Beth Farley knows he views her as just another piece of office furniture. But Andreas’s brother, the darkly arrogant, wealthy Theo Kyriakis, has a plan. If Beth pretends to be his lover, Andreas will surely want what he can’t have…

One makeover later, and Beth has gone from sensible secretary
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2984, 187 pages
Published April 2011 by Harlequin Books (first published August 2010)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Beauty and the Greek immediately went to the top of my HP to-read pile when I got it in the mail. I liked the idea of the admin assistant who is hopelessly in love with one brother, and who gets help from the other brother to snare her man, and falls in love with him in the process. I am not a big fan of the 'makeover/Pygmalion' theme, because I believe that people should be loved for who they are. However, I am not adverse to it being handled the way Ms. Lawrence did in this book. In the case o ...more
seton
Dec 30, 2010 rated it liked it
This is the American Harlequin edition of Unworldly Secretary, Untamed Greek. Same story, different titles.

Tropes: Makeover, Pretend dating

Content warning: none
Sensuality level: didnt get to that part so cant comment altho I read over 60% of it

This was my third KL and probably my last. Two were DNFs.

Jenny
Jun 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heroine-i-hated
Leona's review is on spot. This was a good book and the hero super sweet and caring but the heroine was so rude and immature she ruined the book for me. The hero was treating her like a queen and she was just rude to him and hysterical! If the heroine was likable this would have been a 5 stars read. I give this 3 stars for the wonderful hero who deserved better!
Vintage
One problem with this story: the heroine. She was more than a little strident, touchy and at times down right bitchy. I think the author was trying to create tension between the H and the h, but the heroine ended up being more strident than sassy. The H was a little brooding at first, but comes through like Prince Charming pretty quickly.

Premise is that the h has been in love with Andreas, her boss and younger brother to the boss. He has just become engaged to the older brother's ex. The h is de
Leona
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
I really debated between it's okay and I liked it. Probably a 2.5. The storyline was great. I really liked the plot and the events and the supporting characters. I liked the Hero as well. Macho, alpha..yet realistic and very caring. What really turned me off was the heroine. She had absolutely no common sense, was extremely rude and often very immature. This could have been a 5+ star if the heroine were more likable and the pace was a little better. Seemed like too much time was spent on the set ...more
Chantal ❤️
What a great book and it had all the elements of a Cinderella story plus a handsome prince and baby on the way! Story reminds me of Diana Palmers book Diamond girl with sex and the girl gets to keep her hair. For once!!! I loved loved loved it. I would recommend for all those loving the sweet hot romance stories.
Missy
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
A sweet read....just love how the shy gal gets the sexy Greek! Both of them had misconceptions about each other but as they go along with their plan they come to realize how much they are attracted & like each other.....then comes love.
Sruthi
Its a bit like Cinderella in magic ball and I love Cinderella theme stories .
Hollie
I loved this one. I am on a Greek spree and this was perfect.
Penny Watson
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love makeover books! This was great until the rushed ending. It had an awesome "reveal" moment when the dowdy secretary walks out all glammed up and her Greek boss almost falls over. Hee! Love that. But the rushed HEA and totally unnecessary baby-on-board brought the grade down to 4 stars.

Harlequin needs to work on these endings. After the author works so hard for the entire book to ramp up sexual tension and conflict, then the resolution is over in a sentence with proclamations of love and Gr
Hanife
Jun 26, 2011 marked it as to-read-one-day
Translating the damn thing. Make me crazy, why my ordeal must so hard ? Just, WHY ?
seton
This is the M&B edition of Beauty and the Greek. Same story, different titles.

Tropes: Makeover, Pretend dating

Content warning: none

This was my third KL and probably my last. Two were DNFs.

On one hand, her stories feel modern, not still set in the 1980s like some other Presents authors. Characters refer to "bunny-boilers" and I dont know of many Presents authors who would have her hero say ‘You do realise th
IamGamz
A lovely Cinderella type story about a plain girl catching the billionaire boss's eye and heart.
I liked Beth. She was a bit of an innocent but held her own with Theo. It was a typical Harlequin Presents story but still a satisfying read.
Jacqueline
A very sweet book. Not a lot of OTT angst just two people falling in love with each other sort of to their own surprise. There were a few misunderstandings to work out but nothing major. He fell for her pretty hard and quick. The dialog was fresh and believable. I'm really liking this author.
Lauren
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
if you love romantic novels you will love this story it's about a Greek millionaire who falls in love with the secretary of his younger brother who is already hopelessly in love with his brother . honestly , I enjoyed it a lot
Kaycee ❤️
I liked this book despite the fact that the heroine annoyed me at times! But nevertheless, I enjoyed it and I absolutely liked the hero, Theo!
Calatasde
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One word: Woww!!
Bibi
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hp-readers-group
Forgettable story, unlikable heroine.
Melania Ramona
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.75 stars. A delightful story.
Elisa Vangelisti
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abbandonato
Carino. Anche se la traduzione pare in difetto, di tanto in tanto, e ci siano un po’ troppi “vortici di passione”, ma è lo stile harmony! Un incrocio tra la classica favola del brutto anatroccolo e cenerentola.
Maura
Cherise
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Re-read. I like the storyline but not the execution much. The h was pretty interesting in the beginning with her temper and such. I cannot imagine how she would not be able to notice she became a lot more attractive after a makeover, she seems overly naive and ignorant from that point onwards. It's not like she just came out to work or she was from cyberspace, so her blissful ignorance is a bit overkill for me.

She then went on to become a mopping airhead with not much of a personality afterward
RomLibrary
Ltlmer2
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Uneven pacing and a bit unbelievable that almost the entire story happens in 2 days, but I liked the characters and the chemistry. An enjoyable afternoon read if you're expectations are not too high. (As mentioned in other reviews, it is bothersome that the lengthy internal monologues are interspersed within thready dialogue. It creates an odd flow to the action.)
Lisa Filipe
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Was looking for a quick, trashy, cry one minute, hot the next kind of book and unfortunately this was not it. The writing was a little confusing...it head hopped A LOT!!

The story dragged on and was kind of boring.
Aisley
Apr 06, 2011 added it
Did somebody said SABRINA? This storyline borrows so much from the movie Sabrina that I could not imagine the main male character as the writer describes it. It was Harrison Ford's face that kept popping in its place, instead... But it was fun to read!
Ash
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Light read
Nenna
Jul 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Read way too many stories like this. Only this one was rushed. The chemistry was well established, but this could stand to be fleshed out.
Ankit Saxena
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotic, love-shuv
It's just another title for "Unworldly secretary untamed. Greek".
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Bride Thief
  • Not For Sale
  • Ruthless Awakening
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • The Reluctant Duke (The Scandalous St. Claires #2)
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
  • Flora's Defiance (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #2)
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • Wife in Public
  • Pure Princess, Bartered Bride
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
Though lacking much authentic Welsh blood, Kim Lawrence comes from English-Irish stock. She was born and brought up in North Wales. She returned there when she married, and her sons were both born on Anglesey, an island off the coast. Though not isolated, Anglesey is a little off the beaten track, but lively Dublin, which Kim loves, is only a short ferry ride away. Today they live on the farm her ...more
More about Kim Lawrence

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)