Start by marking “Physicians of the Heart: A Sufi View of the 99 Names of Allah” as Want to Read:
Physicians of the Heart: A Sufi View of the 99 Names of Allah

Physicians of the Heart: A Sufi View of the 99 Names of Allah

4.77  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A Sufi View of the 99 Names of Allah
Published 2010

Rahima Warren
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a very rich, deep guide to inner work including spiritual and psychological aspects woven together. It is based on the Sufi view of the 99 Names of Allah, which I would call Aspects of the Divine Human Nature. Anyone who has been doing their inner work for a while could reap rich rewards from reading this book.

As part of the explication of the "Names," it also reveals the amazing complex subtlety of the Arabic language, without overwhelming the reader with too many linguistic details. I
Katrina
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katrina by: Noor-Malika
This is the most thorough book on the 99 names of Allah that I've read so far. It's very accessible for a western audience, and it gives a lot of linguistic background on the Arabic that helps to show deep meanings of each name as well as connections among the names. My only criticism is that it's written more for Sufi teachers/therapists than for students or those using the book on their own. I would have liked a little more detail on how to actually USE the names in recitation.
Maurice
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Written by four Sufi authorities, it is well written and well researched. My friends and I have spent over 2 years reading and discussing it, which I am sure will continue into the future.
Elizabeth
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful introduction to the names, groups by their relationship (e.g. 3 names associated with forgiveness). Helpful to work through specific issues, personal development.
Karima
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not accurate to say I "finished" this book on such-and-such a day. This book is a lifetime endeavor. And such a life!
Beautiful. Just Beautiful.
Jude Arnold
Nov 25, 2010 marked it as to-read

Just got my new hardbound copy of this beautiful, beautiful book!

Seema
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-for-life
An unbelievably beautiful book - one of the best I have ever come across. Now if we could combine this with the enneagram work that would be something! A book to come back to again and again, and each time be gifted with something new. A real treasure of work on the 99 Treasures. So thankful to the teachers that wrote/experienced this.
Also, it's a hefty size so I bought it on kindle too, the calligraphy looks great!
Adila
Meher Khan
Sep 30, 2017
Masood Alam
Feb 11, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can't read or see anything cause nothing is shown from this book.
Michael Tamura
Apr 04, 2015
Ali
Sep 23, 2013
“Alhamdulillah can be seen in the phenomenon of the arc of ascent and descent, how everything returns to the source, and how boundless gratitude from the source flows into all of creation. Subhanallah offers us the image of swimming around the central still point in spiraling circles of light. All beings and all realms of being constantly circumambulate and interpenetrate that heart center. Allahu Akbar appears to be even greater than the other two because it leads our process to go beyond concepts. The mind falls away and is led into essence. There is not a trace left of the conceptual.” 0 likes