Start by marking “Silver Zombie (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #4)” as Want to Read:
Silver Zombie (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #4)

Silver Zombie (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator #4)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  323 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Zombies and Witches and Vamps . . . Oh, My!

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas—at least that’s Delilah Street’s hope. With Sin City’s vampire and werewolf mobs wanting to cash in her chips once and for all, she’s retreating with her partner Ric Montoya and half-wolfhound Quicksilver to her Kansas birthplace. Unfortunately, when it comes to finding trouble, there’s no pla
Published November 30th 2010 by Pocket Books (first published November 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Silver Zombie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Zombie

Isis
Yes, it's now April and I'm still reading this book. There are two things to blame for this. First, I'm a college student, and I'm really busy with classes, which leaves little time to actually read. Second, it's a good book, but I'm not being dragged into it.

I think my main issue is that I haven't read the previous books in the series, so I'm feeling a little sideswiped as I read Silver Zombie. A lot of the world in this book's universe is overwhelming for me as a reader because I don't know wh
Kathy Davie
Jun 25, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, urban
Fourth in the Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator urban fantasy series revolving around a former news reporter whose talent involves mirror-walking. Based in Las Vegas.

My Take
I really like the concept Douglas has and she uses a lot of song references, I just wish she weren't so cheesy and overly dramatic. Case in point: "I was melted Velveeta cheese in deep need of a...breadstick."

Oh, please, I hate whiny characters and Delilah whines up a storm in this installment! It's 2013 and she doesn'
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://www.smexybooks.com/2011/03/rev...

I actually gave this a 2.5.

Delilah Street has found herself in a bit of trouble as Sin City’s vampire and werewolf mobs are ready to cash out her chips once and for all. So Delilah, along with her lover Ric Montoya and her werehound Quicksilver, decides that a trip back home to Kansas is just what she needs. But following the yellow brick road leads Delilah into more then she bargained for as she encounters zombie cowboys, witchy weath
Kathy Leitle
Aug 11, 2011 Kathy Leitle rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book in the series, so far. We learn quite a bit about Delilah's past with this visit to Kansas. Throw in an iconic 1927 film and Dorothy and Toto, and the adventure takes off.
Rena
Jan 30, 2011 Rena marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Looks good. Can’t wait to read it.
Bruce
Mar 10, 2011 Bruce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a long time to get through this one. I suppose it just didn't start well for me with such a vague notion of the "Millennium Revelation" since it implies that there was a radical change that "just happened" one day with no reason why. So I would dwell on that omission and couldn't concentrate well on the story in its entirety. The errors in the book also caught my attention and distracted from the tale itself. (pg 114) "I eased Delilah behind the far side of one of the station's mobile ...more
Bookaholics
Jan 13, 2011 Bookaholics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silver Zombie by Carole Nelson Douglas
Paranormal Romance –Nov. 30th, 2010
4 stars

Delilah Street is a paranormal investigator that resides in Las Vegas. She has dealt with her fair share of vampires and werewolves. But now she has a big problem - an undead zombie celebrity named Lilith Quince who looks exactly like Delilah. To solve the mystery, Delilah has to travel to Wichita, Kansas, the city where she was from to find out more about her past and her connection to Lilith Quince. In tow are her
Cathy
This one wasn't great. Fans of the series should definitely read it, there is a lot that is enjoyable about it and most of all we finally get some answers about Delilah's past, and that part is satisfying. But there was a lot that didn't work as well.

I don't mind the seriousness of the explorations of Del's past, even though that part of the book was a big change in tone for the series. I like when a series grows and the characters mature. I don't need a series to be entirely light and fluffy. B
Buffi BeCraft-Woodall
(May contain spoilers!)
Cover: VERY Nicely done photo style cover that is reminiscent of a scene in the book. Call me a marketing sucker, but I have to admit, the cover and the name made me pick up this book.

First off, I’d like to mention that reviews above that Amazon notated from RT magazine and Bitten by Books are really good. (making a face here) Me, not so much. I love me a paranormal/fantasy book that delves into new ideas, but I couldn’t say the same as the two quoted reviewers.

Ms. Nelso
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
What do the Wizard of Oz, zombies and really cool bar drinks have in common? The answer is the heroine of Silver Zombie, Delilah Street, paranormal investigator.

This is the fourth book in the series and Ms. Douglas keeps getting better and better. I think it helps to have read the previous books in the series just so a reader can understand one of the very intense and personally traumatic events that happens in this book. Ms. Street has had a severe phobia haunting her for fourteen years and it
Ruby
This review was first posted on http://www.rubysreads.com.

I'm afraid that Silver Zombie was a did not finish (DNF) for me. It was a DNF for many reasons, but mainly because it doesn't work as a stand-alone novel. I should have known better, especially after resolving not to read books out of order. It was a decision I made for a reason. There isn't any way I can Silver Zombie give it a fair chance without reading all the other books first. And, unfortunately, I've got too much going on at the m
Kirsti (Melbourne on my mind)
Another one where I inadvertently jumped into the middle of a series due to not checking inside the front cover before dumping it in my basket at my local library. Sigh. At least this one included an introduction to the main character at the start, so it's already ahead of Devil's Punch!

Still, I struggled with this at times. Not because of the writing or the characters or anything like that. But because I missed out on all the world building, and was constantly trying to glean the events of the
Nora-adrienne
This is the fourth book in the Delilah Street Mystery series. Del is finally going to face her past and go back to Wichita Kansas to face her demons. On this road trip with her are her boyfriend Ric and Quicksilver the wonder hound.

Ric has arranged for one of his friends (also a former FBI agent)to meet them and help Del trace her roots as far as she can. Del runs into problems from day one. Between being pissed off by the Wichita Child Services in the form of a Mrs. Haliburton. This book is ve
Rena McGee
Silver Zombie takes Delilah Street back to Kansas where she discovers some of the secrets of her past with the help of her boyfriend Ric and his formidable mother, Helena Troy. (Douglas has a penchant for “clever” names.) She also ends up tangling with her weather-witch nemesis and dangerous figures from Ric’s past. She also has to deal with the developments and transformations that had taken place in Vampire Sunrise (and so does Ric, for that matter).

Read this review on Rena's Hub of Random
Shadee
Pros:
-The second half of the book - action packed
-Scene with Snow
-Finally some resolution with Delilahs' nightmares

Cons:
-First half of the book - slow compared to the others in the series
-Editing could have been a bit better
-Flowery language that I mostly just skipped over

I'll read the next book in the series and hopefully it'll follow the lines of the earlier with more action, more editing and more romantic triangles (or quads?). I like Delilah's character but does she have multiple personaliti
saradevil
Mar 17, 2015 saradevil rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There really just is nothing to recommend this. The language is trite and I got really tired of being introduced to characters over and over and over again.
Katherine
I began reading Silver Zombie expecting action and the dangerous situations that Delilah seems to keep finding herself in, but sadly was left wanting. When I reached the end of the book, I was thinking, "That's it? Where was the climatic ending, with my dose of Delilah triumph?". I guess the only triumph that can be claimed is her almost destorying a coax box, but even then Quicksilver was the ultimate savior. Either that or her little piece of dominion over Snow's body.
Out of all DSPI books, t
Mar 12, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Silver Zombie is the 4th book in the Delilah Street series. I absolutely love Delilah...she's everything you would want in a character. I was hoping for a great deal of action and it didn't happen for me in this installment. Delilah did face her past with the child protective agency and a a jerk of a doctor which added a fair amount of drama. But honestly I expected more and felt a little let down by this one. Hopefully the next book in the series will bring the action and intense endings back t ...more
Jeannie Lopez
Mar 27, 2015 Jeannie Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trouble in paradise e for next book ???
Amanda
Mar 23, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the second Delilah Street book that I've had trouble really sinking my teeth into lately. I've really thought about dropping this series--then Carole Nelson Douglas wrote a drool-worthy scene featuring my favorite character Snow. Maybe I'll stick around for awhile more...

Read this one at your own risk. The plot just didn't keep my interest. The only thing I can say for certain is that maybe I should consider joining Delilah's Snow addicts self-help group!
Janet
Carole Nelson Douglas is one of my favorite authors, and it pains me to mark any of her books as a "failed attempt." But the Delilah books rely so heavily on having read--and remembered all the details of--the previous entries that I just can't do it. The length of time between the books is too long, and I don't have the inclination to re-read the previous book whenever a new book is released. Regretfully, I must kiss this series goodbye.
Lucy
Mar 06, 2014 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite of the Delilah Street books so far.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Mar 10, 2011 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-read
Better than the last. It's nice to find out why Delilah has her back phobia. Not nice what happened though. Also good to return to Kansas to put some things behind her. I enjoyed the Wizard of Oz CinSims and learning about the Metropolis movie.
Denise
Feb 07, 2011 Denise is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I have won this book from Goodreads!

Much thanks to Goodreads (and the author/publisher) for giving me a chance to read & review this book!

As soon as my book arrives I'll read it and let you know what I think.
Caroline
Jan 14, 2011 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy Carole's paranormal series and I'm totally in awe of her imagination and writing skills! This is 4th in the series and covers some pretty heavy ground but it's a great story and I'm looking forward to more.
Kelly
I think Carole has a winner with this series, the books are getting better as they go along. Light, fun, just enough woo-woo, and a good mystery. Looking forward to more. Not quite 4 stars.
Kira
Dec 10, 2010 Kira rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty good, if a bit wordy. i didn't enjoy this as much as the first three books in the series. but i'll definitely pick up any of the continuing series.
Christine Hayes
Overall I enjoyed the book. I really like her dog.However the whole book felt jumbled and without a resolution
Beth
Dec 15, 2010 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it a lot but sometimes I got a little confused about what what happening.
Rebecca Murray
Jun 26, 2011 Rebecca Murray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to the series. I hope Ms Douglas keeps 'em coming!
  • Hellforged (Deadtown, #2)
  • Kell's Legend (Clockwork Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Act of Will (Hawthorne Saga, #1)
  • Passion Next Door (The Pleasure Brigade, #1)
  • The Grimrose Path (Trickster, #2)
  • The Crimson Shadow (The Crimson Shadow, #1-3)
  • Shadowglass (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #2)
  • Stilettos, Inc. (Stiletto Girls, #1)
  • ReVamped (Void City, #2)
  • Reining In (The Network, #1)
  • Revenant (Zoe Martinique, #4)
  • The Bone Palace (The Necromancer Chronicles, #2)
  • Dead Demon Walking (Whisperings, #3)
  • The River Kings' Road (Ithelas, #1)
  • Zombies Sold Separately (Night Tracker, #4)
  • The Skein of Lament (Braided Path, #2)
  • Evil Ways (Quincey Morris, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Mortal Path, #2)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty-three award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 28-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole' ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...

Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator (7 books)
  • Butterfly Kiss (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #0.5)
  • Dancing With Werewolves (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #1)
  • Brimstone Kiss (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #2)
  • Vampire Sunrise (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #3)
  • Virtual Virgin
  • Snow Job (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #5.1)