Start by marking “Night Falls on the Wicked (Moon Chasers, #5)” as Want to Read:
Night Falls on the Wicked (Moon Chasers, #5)

Night Falls on the Wicked

(Moon Chasers #5)

Darby lives her life below the radar, moving from town to town in the coldest climates, eluding the demons that hunt her - and never allowing herself to get close to anyone. Now, in frigid isolation, Darby waits tables in a small town and tries to forget who she is - what she is - and the danger forever nipping at her heels. Until a new danger finds her - a lycan pack whos ...more
Published August 30th 2011 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Night Falls on the Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Falls on the Wicked

WildAboutBones
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read4bbpr-review
This fifth book in Kohler's Moon Chasers series is filled with lycans (aka werewolves), white witches, demon witches and demons along with a very reluctant romance.

Much like in Lori Handeland's NightCreatures series, these werewolves aren't hot and sexy alpha males who just happen to turn furry a couple nights each month. They are nasty killing machines who can't help changing during the nights around and including the full moon and eating people ... and not in a good way.

Darby and Niklas both h
Saly
Oct 06, 2011 rated it liked it
This is the story of Darby, the witch friend of Jonah who because of the demons who wanted to possess her, left her family and moved somewhere cold.

It's been three years and Darby has been living a lonely existence, constantly moving and trying not to have her visions to keep the demons at bay and now it is time to move again.

Niklas is on a mission, to destroy the lycan who bit him and take revenge. His mother was a witch like Darby who sacrificed herself to save Niklas.

The book was very short a
Paranormal Romance
Hiding out in a desolate Alaskan town, the heroine is very careful not to bring attention to herself or to allow herself to become too attached to those around her. To the towns folk she is a shy and reclusive woman obviously on the run from something but never in their wildest dreams would they suspect just what exactly that something is. As a witch, possessing the power of visions, she is a big target for demons who want to take control of her. She lost her mother at a young age when the woman ...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Night Falls on the Wicked is one book that I could not put down!

This is my first read from the Moon Chaser series and it will not be my last! Coming into the series with the 5th book made me a little weary and I will admit, in the first few chapters I had no clue about the different creatures Sharie Kohler has created in this magnificent world, but towards the middle I was getting the hang of it all.

I instantly sympathized with Darby is who a witch on the run from demons, she endeared herself to
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Night Falls On The Wicked was a series I hadn’t heard of. Being book 5 in the Moon Chaser series. I enjoyed the timing and pace of the book overall. I also liked the addition of the little girl Aimee and her role that helped moved the book forward when it got a bit stagnant.

Darby was a bit of an enigma to me. I wanted to connect with her. She had a good heart and pretty good motives for her actions. Living in a cold climate was the only way to keep her demons at bay. Having demons be unable to m
Christine
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
A few years ago I came across Ms. Koehler and this series. The books started out with a bang but unfortunately they have slowly begun to tail off. Night Falls on the Wicked was like tiring to drink oatmeal through a straw. Slow as hell and not very satisfying.

The writing style was this melancholic twaddle with the heroine needing a good dose of a supernatural enthusiasm. Darby has spent virtually her entire adult life living in cold places in order to keep the Demon who is seeking her soul at b
Robin Priddy
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Darby is a white witch who can see the future. Demon's are always trying to temp white witches into letting them possess them since they need the witch to be willing. The white witch then becomes a demon witch. The demon can take over the witch and she has no way to fight it. As long as the demon is in control, it can do whatever it wants. But the main reason the demons want to possess a witch is because if the witch dies than ther demon can walk the earth and cause big trouble. There are two wa ...more
Plaama
Nov 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: хора, които за първи път се сблъскват с "adult" жанра
Първият ми сблъсък с подобен тип четиво. Бях любопитна и исках да прочета нещо от другите творби на Софи Джордан (в случая, подвизаваща се под псевдонима Шери Колър) и докато разглеждах сайта й, тази книжка хвана вниманието ми почти моментално и да си призная съм приятно изненадана, макар в началото да имах известни съмнения как точно ще се развие сюжетът изложен в превюто на книгата.

В началото авторката ни запознава с Дарби, млада вещица, която се опитва да води привидно нормален живот, криейк
Bookaholics
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Night Falls on the Wicked by Sharie Kohler
Paranormal Romance- Aug. 30th, 2011
4 stars

Sharie Kohler’s latest Moon Chasers werewolf book takes place in the chilly climates of Canada where a demon witch named Darby hides from constant temptation of demons.

Darby knows that in the frigid weather Canada, demons are weakened. She has resigned herself to this climate to keep them away from her. As a demon witch, she is a danger to others. So, she is constantly on the run and alone. Her next destination i
Brandi Salazar
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite
This is a first of Kohler's books for me and I found it to be very entertaining.

Slow to start, Night Falls...takes place in a small Canadian town in the dead of winter. Darby, a witch, is in hiding, bouncing from one frigid climate to another in an effort to evade demons who would very much like to take possession of her soul. Because of their constant torment her life is always in danger, and that endangers those around her as well, which is why Darby has decided to live her life in solitude,
Lark Howard
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sharie Kohler’s latest book in the Moon Chasers series takes us back into the dark, sensual paranormal world of she’s brought to life in the previous stories.

In NIGHT FALLS ON THE WICKED, we once again meet Darby, the white witch from MY SOUL TO KEEP. In self-exile in a small town in the arctic, she has isolated herself in the cold in an effort to keep the demons at bay. In the process, her loneliness is slowly becoming despair that she’ll ever connect again with another being. And now a pack o
Mary
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book begins with Darby working at Sam's Diner as a waitress. Then changes to Niklas as he's entering her frozen town, signing into a hotel. They run into each other at the local grocery store, where a big gathering of onlookers watched as hunters displayed 2 dead wolves. Darby has a vision that gets her into trouble, and she ends up looking after Aimee, which she has to kill the Alpha because she'd been infected, and has to get her to her grandmother's house. Niklas has similar objectives ( ...more
Michelle
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I’ve been jumping around on this series, not reading in order, and I have found it does hurt my understanding of the overall story arc a little bit so I would recommend starting from the beginning with this one. I did enjoy this more than the last I had picked up in the series. I really liked the conflict that Darby and Niklas are going through. They’ve both been tortured for reasons outside of their understanding. Even though they both come to accept their lot in life they’re doing their best t ...more
Charity
LOVED IT!

This is the first book I have read of this series and it can be considered a stand alone, but I am sure the past books would fill in some holes. I absolutely could not put this book down. I started it early in the morning, read every chance I got-even if it was a paragraph at a time, then I was up really late so I could finish it. I loved the characters, flow, setting, climax, and all that technical stuff, but what really makes a 5 star book for me is one that will not let me walk away.
Barbara ★
White witch Darby (friend of Jonah's) fears being taken over by a demon so she moves to Arctic Circle (Canada) where it is perpetually cold since demons can't stand the cold. In order to keep other people safe, she has kept to herself and avoided making friends. Of course, this leads to a very lonely existence. When reluctant lycan Niklas comes to town hunting rogue lycans, suddenly Darby is interested in making friends.

This is a great story that catches your attention from the first chapter an
Izzy
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
More of a 1.5 stars, I guess? It wasn't bad but it wasn't great, either.
This book lacked electricity and personality that I look out for when discovering new paranormal romance authors.

The character creation seems weak as the only thing that's interesting about the main characters is the initial air of mystery and danger they carry at the beginning of the novel. Once it's shed, the main characters come across as wimpy and wear the cliché tortured soul t-shirt with pride.
Darcy
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, shifters, pnr
I felt like this one was missing something, just not sure what. I liked Darby and Niklas and like the world that this series is set in. The story was a little boring too, the best thing about it was seeing Darby try to blend in the small town. I wish there was more interaction with Darius. He showed up, but for I am not sure why as the story wouldn't have missed anything without it.
Purr More
3.5 stars - not one of my favorites of the series. Darius makes a cameo appearance in this book but I didn't see much point to it (it could easily have been left out with no effect on the story) unless it is some type of set up for Book 6, which is Darius's story...finally!
Suzanne Sabol
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
At times I felt like I was reading something from silhouette instead of a paranormal. It wasn't even that it was bad. It was an easy read that I finished in a day. I just wasn't prepared for the heavy Harlequin influence.
DemonKitty003
When will Darius's book come out!?!?!?!? This has been going on and on!!! Time for him to take the spot light. All these others have been nothing but taking a recycled character from the previous book!!! Its going to start getting really old.
Lynde Shaw
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Still missing that "something" from the first few books, but there were enough plot twists in this one to be satisfying. Overall, I enjoyed reading about Darby and Niklas and recommend this if you've read the rest of the series.
Alicia
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a new author for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing got a little confusing a couple of times but I loved the plot line and Sharrie Kohler's take on the paranormal world. It's definitely worth reading :)
Jeri
Jan 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
3.5 Stars
Betty Lambert
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was good. I like Sharie Kohler. Characters are well put together in this series. Always looked forward to the next one.
Kelly
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
To read my full review, please visit Nocturne Romance Reads at http://www.nocturnereads.com/index.html
Pamela
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of Romance Junkies: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Amanda
Jul 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Really liked her first 2-3 books, now I have to know what happens to the all the characters!
Nikkie
Oct 31, 2012
rated it did not like it
Mar 01, 2014
Taryn Clegg
Apr 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Rush of Pleasure (Primal Instinct, #8)
  • My Dangerous Pleasure (My Immortals #4)
  • Night Forbidden (Envy Chronicles, #5)
  • Must Love Vampires
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)
  • Seduced by a Wolf
  • Crave the Moon (Nightcreature #11)
  • His Darkest Salvation (Jaguar Warriors, #3)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Embraced by Blood (Sweetblood, #2)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • All About Seduction
  • Mark of the Rose (Tudor Vampire Chronicles, #3)
  • Broods of Fenrir (Broods of Fenrir, #1)
  • Vowed in Shadows (Marked Souls, #3)
  • Embrace the Night (Night #1)
  • Embrace of the Damned (Brotherhood of the Damned, #1)
  • Haunted by Your Touch  (Doomsday Brethren #3.5, Moon Chasers, #4.5)
Pseudonym:
Sophie Jordan

Sharie Kohler took her adolescent dreaming one step further and penned her first story in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History. After several years teaching, Sharie decided it was time to pursue her long-held dream of writing.

She believes her decision to write paranormal romances stems from her long-sustai

Moon Chasers (6 books)
  • Marked by Moonlight (Moon Chasers, #1)
  • Kiss of a Dark Moon (Moon Chasers, #2)
  • To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers, #3)
  • My Soul to Keep (Moon Chasers, #4)
  • A Soul So Wicked (Moon Chasers #6)