Start by marking “Time's Edge” as Want to Read:
Time's Edge

Time's Edge

(Time's Edge #1)

Commander Michael Blayne of the Galactic Armed Forces is highly suspicious of his orders to retrieve a malfunctioning probe from an Old Earth sidetime. After all, the job is a basic training mission, not a usual assignment for an officer of his rank and caliber. However, his Chief-Commander, Alrick Zartollis, has assured him that he is perfect for the mission so he prepare ...more
Published (first published October 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Time's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time's Edge

Start your review of Time's Edge
Carol
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-read
Ever feel that you don't fit in? What do you think about time travel? Energy channeling? Seeing the future? Well, curl up in that favorite overstuffed chair (or under that beach umbrella) and take a break from this world.
Kate & Michael, strangers who find themselves literally thrown together, tumble into another place and time. But, where are they? And why? The one person who can explain their situation is nowhere to be found, others who may have vital information won't share. And who's trying t
Cindy
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OMG! I loved this book. It is the story of Commander Michael Blayne of the Galactic Armed Forces, but before anyone thinks that means this is a hard core science fiction tale, think again! Michael is sent on a secret mission to an Old Earth sidetime (fascinating concept, that!) where he meets Kate. They fall through a portal in time and then their adventures begin. Fantasy, sci-fi, love, and humor are all wrapped together creating a very pleasurable story that was as smooth going down as a choco ...more
Kasey Shoemaker
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really couldn't put this book down. The adventures of Michael and Kate had me reading into the night. This book lets the readers know right away that there is so much more to the main characters, but the pacing doesn't drag out the mystery or ruin it in a far-too-early exposition. The suspense, well-rounded characters, and the humor definitely kept me turning the pages. Even if you're not a huge fan of science fiction, you will love this book for its elements of fantasy, adventure, and romance ...more
Kevin C
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading mystery books, science fiction books, fantasy books, and good ol' fasioned shoot 'em ups. This book literally had all of these in there somewhere, plus a healthy dose of romance and, dare I say, lust thrown in for good measure. The story moves along at a great pace. I find that most books have at least one portion of it where I sort of have to 'plow' my way through to get back to the good stuff. This book didn't have that. I would recommend it to anyone who likes any or all of th ...more
Robert
Dec 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A very good book with a real hero (yes, I'm one of those people sick of the moody, dark anti-heroes so popular in today's fiction!), great action scenes, a romance, and subtle humor had me laughing at unexpected moments. This book has very detailed descriptions, likable characters, and it left me feeling good when I had finished and wanting to read more. Time's Edge will appeal to a wide-range of readers (science fiction, fantasy, adventure, romance). I highly recommend it.
Helen
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was an unexpected gem. Loved it, couldn't put it down.
Donna
This book had a somewhat interesting premise but I didn't think much of the writing. If I was the book-abandoning type, I would have quit reading a few chapters in. It felt very hokey, and I was rolling my eyes. I kept reading and the story did get more interesting. However, the entire time I was reading it, I kept moving back and forth between "this is okay", to "this is just wasting my time". The relationship between the main characters kept slipping into cheesy romance novel territory, which ...more
Simon
Dec 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Time's Edge was a fun book to read. A sci-fi/fantasy adventure set in in several lavishly detailed worlds, the story takes the reader for a fun-filled, well-paced ride. Wonderful characters and a plot that kept me guessing. I read this book in one day because it kept me hooked. What would happen next? Was it going where I thought it was? I will be reading this again and am looking forward to the sequel.
Edward Telarroja
Amazing, fast paced, entertaining characters with a lot of passion between the two lead characters Michael and Kate. I am a HUGE sci-fi lover and the theory of Time's Edge and sidetime amazes me. If you love romance, comedy, fighting, strong heroic lead characters, make believe and reading to finish a book until 5am. This is a book for you :]
Vanessa
Dec 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this one. An interesting blend of science fiction, fantasy and romance. This is much more than a typical sci-fi adventure novel. It reads like a movie and has the most vivid descriptions. I could really picture all the scenes. It is Harry Potter crossed with Star Wars. I can't wait for another installment.
Judy Anderson
Dec 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TIME'S EDGE is one of the best books I have ever read. It well written, fast moving and exciting. One cannot put this book down. It has many twists, mystery, love, evil and hope. This novel would make a very exciting film. This is one of those books you cannot figure out the ending until the last page.
Robert M
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall I enjoyed this book. Like the story line. Will keep reading the series
Brandon Foster
Apr 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I feel betrayed.

The premise sounded pretty alright. Badass space dude finds earth chick and sets out to save the universe. Sign me up!

BUT THEN SUDDENLY!
All hell broke loose. It was obvious from the start that the relationship between the protagonists was going to be painfully cliche and uninteresting. And it was! They didn't much act like adults but instead love struck tweenagers!

I don't want to give anything away (even though you should maybe consider a different novel... just saying....) so I
Beth
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have not read a sci-fi book since a few years after they were popular in the 1960's (Andre Norton etc). In fact, as I have gone to the library looking for something to read, I have avoided considering sci-fi. I read this becasue I have known the authors for a long time and wanted the chance to see the product of several year's work. My reading was disjointed with starts & stops interrupting the reading.

WOW! The pace was fast as a film with film type heros, romance and adventure. I felt returne
Melissa
I am not a huge Sci-fi reader but I had a good time reading this book. While it didn't have as much quirky humor as I thought it would based on the blurb on the back of the book, it had enough to keep me entertained. The story was pretty good but I had wished for a bit more at the end, I felt left a little hanging. Not sure if there is a sequel or not?
Patricia
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It takes you into a world of romance and adventure that you will never want to leave. I recommend this book for any one who loves the idea of time travel and all the possibilities it holds! Science fiction and fantasy fans will be captured by the way the authors entwine both genres into a world of their own.
Joetta
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed this book, I'm partial to Sci-fi anyways, but this book was very interesting and a page turner for me. I enjoyed the characters and the plot. I spent a lot of time trying to envision the places the author was describing.
Peter
Odd book - OK rad - some interesting ideas - could have been better written
Mrsfarr
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the story & the characters in this series. It was a page turner. My first scifi was a good experience. ...more
Roxanne Bland
Time's edge is an imaginative science fiction/romance. I thought the writing could be a little better, but it's still a good read.
Bob

• Cradle and All
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • Bridge to Terabithia
  • Holes (Holes, #1)
J.M. Dattilo is the pen name for Joseph and Mary Dattilo, a husband and wife writing team. Time's Edge, the first book in the Time's Edge sci-fi/fantasy series, won a Tassy Walden Award, a literary prize given by the Shoreline Arts Alliance of Connecticut. Mary is also the author of the comedy "Francine's Will", a play that won first place in the Nutmeg Players New Works Festival. The couple lives ...more

Time's Edge (3 books)
  • Time's Secret (Time's Edge, #2)
  • Time's Illusion (Time's Edge, #3)