Start by marking “Cayman Summer (Taken by Storm, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cayman Summer (Taken by Storm, #3)

Cayman Summer

(Taken by Storm #3)

In Morrison's debut young adult novel, TAKEN BY STORM, Michael faces incredible loss, but he finds Leesie. UNBROKEN CONNECTION is Leesie's story. By the final page, she is broken and battered--physically and spiritually. Morrison vowed to her readers not to leave her that way. CAYMAN SUMMER recounts Michael and Leesie's final journey.

Michael takes Leesie to the Cayman Isla
Published April 19th 2011 by Angela Morrison / Create Space

To ask other readers questions about Cayman Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cayman Summer

Start your review of Cayman Summer (Taken by Storm, #3)
Zoe and the Edge
Oct 05, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I jumped straight into this one after finishing Unbroken Connection. It's a nice read and a good ending but nothing amazing.
Michael's in a tough spot but I'm glad that the crisis brings about a bond between Michael and Leesie's family. They're finally on the same page. They all want to see Leesie pull through this.
I love how Michael respects Leesie's dad.
And I loved the way he protects Leesie from herself.
Leesie has become a whole other creature.
It's funny how Michael is so attune to
Nicole Allen
Feb 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Morgan
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE YA REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING I WAS BLAIR WALDORF

My parents raised me to avoid public conversations, especially with strangers, on two main topics: politics and religion. (Therefore, I am assuming that blogging about one of them probably wasn’t what they had in mind.) However, I am about to go against their advice because today I am going to blog about RELIGION (Well sorta). (I’ll save politics for …well hopefully NEVER!)

Let me start by saying, I LOVED the Take
Laura's Book Addiction
I have loved the Taken by Storm series from book one and has so lucky to win a copy of Cayman Summer from Angela's cayman summer blog.

I loved being back with Leesie & Michael. Leesie is still stugling with the death of her brother Phil. While her and Michael are in the cayman island she try's to push away her morman believes I loved how Michael helps Leesie and really tries to stay stonger for her and help her keep to her believes.

I loved all of this book and I cryed my eyes out like a baby at t
Emily Cox
Feb 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
An incredibly disappointing end to a terrific beginning. I kinda wish I hadn't read this book...no wonder people think Mormons are weird.

It's a shame, too, because Angela Morrison's writing is incredible--unique and poetic--but this book gets hijacked somewhere in the middle by Jack Weyland. And that's not a good thing.

I'll just pretend it's a two-book series and leave it at that.
Nyra
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenil-distop-a
THE BOOK:

" En la novela debut de Morrison para jovenes adultos, TAKEN BY STORM, Michael hace frente a una increible perdida, pero encuentra a Leesie. UNBROKEN CONNECTION es la historia de Leesie. En la última página, ella está rota y maltratada-... Física y espiritualmente. Morrison prometió a sus lectores no dejarla de esa forma. CAYMAN SUMMER relata relata el último viaje de Michael y Leesie.
Bidisha
Mar 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Cayman Summer is the much-awaited finale to Leesie and Michael's story that began with a high-school romance in Taken By Storm, travelled through Thailand and BYU in Unbroken Connection and sweeps you to Cayman on the final leg of the journey.

Whilst Taken By Storm was a personal struggle for Leesie between faith and desire, between saving the grief-stricken Michael and keeping her feet on the ground in the process, Unbroken Connection was a test of their relationship, taking the two to the oppos
Andrea Samar
Dec 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Por fin la gran conclusión de esta trilogía.
El gran amor de Michel y Lessie se pone aun más a prueba aquí que en los otros libros.
Lessie ha decidido no creer más en nada, saltarse todas y cada una de sus reglas y hacer lo que le venga en la gana, en fin, según ella irá al infierno.
Michael no puede estar más asustado. Cuando en un principio eso era lo que quería, ahora le da miedo ver a la nueva y loca Lessie, quiere a su religiosa y buena Lessie de vuelta.
Y se propone devolverla.
Con el trauma qu
Estrella Perotti
Aug 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
For the third book, I may say NO ANGELA, sorry. It's was a big disappointment, really.

The first book was amazing! an incredible beginning I need to know W H? between M and L, so I bought the second one and it was good enough so I bought the last one but...

ok, first of all - the thumbs up for caymman summer...
Him protecting her
Him supporting her
Him convincing her to return to her church
M & L unconditional love
Michael finding that there is something else or someone else around us
Michael be
Kym McNabney
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting a long time to read CAYMAN SUMMER by ANGELA MORRISON. I read her first book in the series, TAKEN BY STORM, a few years back and couldn’t wait for the next. But wait I would. Due to a change in publishers it took longer than expected. Next would be UNBROKEN CONNECTION. I enjoyed that one as well. With stacks of books to read, I finally was able to read CAYMAN SUMMER.

I wouldn’t say the TAKEN BY STORM series is packed full of surprises and adventure, yet it will keep you turning
fennie
Maren
Jan 10, 2012 added it
Shelves: 2012, ya
I read the first book a few years ago and loved it - had no idea it was part of a series.

While there are aspects of this book that I really like - Leesie's falling away, Michael's absolute devotion to her - I really didn't like the Mormonily-ever-after ending. There are so many LDS fiction cliches this series avoided and the writing is so fresh and interesting, that it was disappointing to have such an unrealistic ending.

Spoilers, if you care: I think it's realistic that Michael decides to be b
Charissa
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, favorite-reads
This was my favorite book of the series. I loved each book, but this one just brought out a side of Michael that awed me. Leesie's struggle to forgive herself and Michael's struggle to find faith in God were very touching and poignant. The style of writing is wonderful--with Leesie's poems, Michael's dive log (his diary) and chat talks with Kim. Even though I tried to drag this book out to enjoy a little longer than a day, I wasn't successful. The story and characters got into my heart and mind. ...more
Andrea Smith
Dec 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
This one is a hard one for me to rate. There were aspects of this book and the whole trilogy that I loved and would give 5 stars-- other aspects I didn't like so much (it's clean--but still a little lusty for my taste). I loved the relationship between the characters and really enjoyed watching it grow throughout the 3 books. I loved how they each took turns being strong for the other. That give and take, the sacrifices they made and the deep connection they had for each other was compelling, es ...more
Amy
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I think I might have enjoyed this book in the series more than the previous ones. The relationship between Leesie and Michael continues to progress. Leesie is struggling with her faith after the accident and Michael tries to help her. I love how Michael helped her find her way back from the dark place she was in and in the process begins to develop his own faith and testimony. The end wraps up a little quickly for me.....in the form of a quick run down of the last 3 years and what happened for t ...more
Kelly
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I loved the first two books and was anxious for the third. I followed along on Angela Morrison's site while she let us into the writing process but it wasn't fast enough for me. So I decided to wait and get the book. I really didn't know how it would end. I couldn't see it, and neither could Leesie. I loved the story. It was heart breaking and tender. Michael is a good man! I cried for Leesie as she struggled to heal both physically and spiritually, my heart went out to both of them. I just didn ...more
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Michael and Leesie drew me in and wouldn't let go. I read the entire series in no time, and the ending did not disappoint! This third installment of the TAKEN BY STORM series made me realize why I like Michael's character so much. Lessie saves Michael in TAKEN BY STORM. Miachael saves Lessie in CAYMAN SUMMER. I loved the change that took place in both of the lead characters by the end of the series.
Susan
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm really only giving it 3 1/2 stars. It is pretty cheesy. I do love cheese though .... the hero is just do darn dreamy in this one! Honorable and yet wild, who doesn't love that combination. One review I read of this book said that every mormon cliche is in this one and I have to agree. Just keep reminding yourself (and all teenage girls out there) that this is just a novel and holds NO resemblence to real life.
Paula Bothwell
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, teen
PG13 -
Language: a couple of swears
Violence: no violence
Sex: no sex, descriptive kissing.
Definitely an LDS/Latter-day Saint/Mormon novel, but is a perfect HEA. Glad to have read the first two in the series. Great book!
Erika
Nov 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: swapped
Mixed feelings... I don't know if it was because it was more emotional or longer, but I got a little bogged down, started reading it backwards, chapter by chapter. Kind of just glad it's over. I think I liked the first one the best in this trilogy.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, lds
Loved it like the other two. I did think the MC took her guilt a little far and overacted, but otherwise it was good.
J.E.
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
After the first two, this one was a let down...
Stephanie
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Best of all 3 :)
Penelope
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it
THIRD BOOK I READ IN 12 HOURS!
Couldn't let this series go without finishing it all, and ended up reading all three books last night (or should I say this morning?). Review to come.
Christina
Dec 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite
There is not much to say. IT'S ANGELA MORRISON GODDAMN IT! This series is stuck in my heart and forever it will stay :) Wish it didn't end...
Jiliane NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
Mar 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
So you can read this book on Angela Morrison's site. Just look up cayman summer post by post or something like that. And it will show every chapter.
Suey
Jun 16, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice sweet wrap up of this intense love story which began with Taken by Storm.
Michelle
Sep 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Somewhat predictable end to this trilogy. A little rushed at the end.
Stefanieq Banner
May 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shallow Mormon fiction with R-rated language. Meh. Just the type of book you'd find lining the dusty shelves in the rec room of an old folks home.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Lincoln Hypothesis: A Modern-day Abolitionist Investigates the Possible Connection Between Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and Abraham Lincoln
  • Hiding Haelo (Candeon Heirs, #1)
  • Haelo Hunted (Candeon Heirs, #2)
  • Wager for a Wife
NEWSFLASH: My newest book, AN OCEAN ATWEEN US, is now available on Amazon! And now back to your regularly scheduled bio:

In Kindergarten I wanted to become a veterinarian, have ten kids, and a hundred cats. Then I went to first grade and learned how to write. It took a few decades, but I'm living my dream and loving it. I did end up with a wonderful husband, four amazing kids, and a you'd-squish-hi

Taken by Storm (3 books)
  • Taken by Storm (Taken by Storm, #1)
  • Unbroken Connection (Taken by Storm, #2)

News & Interviews